2015 ORFFA finals week 2

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by anthak, Aug 23, 2015.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: transparent;][/b]2015 Finals format.[/b] <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: transparent;][/b]
    [/b] <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: transparent;][/b]Week 1 (AFL round 21); 21/8 - 23/8.[/b]Top 3 teams select their opponent from teams ranked 5-8. Highest ranked team gets first preference and 2nd ranked team gets 2nd preference. The 4 winners progress to week 2. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: transparent;] <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: transparent;][/b]Week 2 (AFL round 22); 28/8 - 30/8.[/b]Highest ranked team (from regular season) selects opponent. The 2 winners progress to Grand Final. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: transparent;] <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: transparent;][/b]Week 3 (AFL round 23); 04/9 - 06/9.[/b]Grand Final.
    Could CR, Prap, and Fitzy please pm me your preferences for your week 1 opponent Thanks The 4 teams who have progressed to week 2 of the finals are the following: Foul Bay, Birdsville, Darraweit Guim, & Larrikin Lagoon. Congratulations to you all. CR, as the highest ranked team of these 4, can you please send me a pm by Tuesday 9:30am naming your opponent. Or just post it in here if you want. Chris88, you are ranked 2nd out of the remaining 4. Maybe send me a PM of your preferred opponent, just in case CR misses the deadline. Cheers

2. J_C

J_C Guest

Pretty confident I canguess who CR is going to choose there.

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Grats guys :)

4. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

JC wrote:
    Pretty confident I canguess who CR is going to choose there. Yep.

5. anthak

The schedule for week 2 of the finals is already set: Foul Bay Chickens vs Birdsville Battlers Darraweit Guim Dirigibles vs Larrikin Lagoon Lefties Good luck to y'all!

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    The schedule for week 2 of the finals is already set: Foul Bay Chickens vs Birdsville Battlers Darraweit Guim Dirigibles vs Larrikin Lagoon Lefties Good luck to y'all!

Best of luck to everyone. Let's hope there's a better run with injuries than this week.

Hey Grav - what's say you and I try to replicate the level of scoring from our last match-up .... couple of totals closer to 1400 than 1200 seemed far more fun!

7. J_C

J_C Guest

ChiefRussell wrote:
    JC wrote:
    Pretty confident I canguess who CR is going to choose there. Yep. Easierto pick than Marc Murphy's popped shoulder. :)

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Really looking forward to this. Tribunal, injuries, Ross Resting, little people turning into giants and straight out spudding will affect the results - but that is what makes it so interesting.

9. grav

grav Guest

chris88 wrote:
    anthak wrote:

Best of luck to everyone. Let's hope there's a better run with injuries than this week.

Hey Grav - what's say you and I try to replicate the level of scoring from our last match-up .... couple of totals closer to 1400 than 1200 seemed far more fun! Yeah ok ur on Chris. I'll just give Ceglar, Langford and Schofield a call and see if they're keen to play this week. Hodge set for a holiday and Hale 50/50 so a spot is up for grabs. Is the Mullet ok to play with a caved-in honker?

10. chris88

grav wrote:
    chris88 wrote:
    anthak wrote:

Hey Grav - what's say you and I try to replicate the level of scoring from our last match-up .... couple of totals closer to 1400 than 1200 seemed far more fun! Yeah ok ur on Chris. I'll just give Ceglar, Langford and Schofield a call and see if they're keen to play this week. Hodge set for a holiday and Hale 50/50 so a spot is up for grabs. Is the Mullet ok to play with a caved-in honker?

* Refers to fixture to see who Hawthorn .. er ... Larrakin Lagoon are playing *
    * Sees Hawthorn are playing Brisbane *
    * Shakes head, worries about Gibson, Mitchell, Lewis, Duryea and others all tonning up *
    * Sighs *

Mullet Maric should be OK to play. He'll just sweep the Mullet the other way to protect his nose.

Jarryd Lyons mentioned Ivan's nose to his face this morning at Darraweit training. Jarryd was last seen flying through the air near Wallan.

11. grav

grav Guest

chris88 wrote:
    grav wrote:
    chris88 wrote:
    anthak wrote:

* Refers to fixture to see who Hawthorn .. er ... Larrakin Lagoon are playing *
    * Sees Hawthorn are playing Brisbane *
    * Shakes head, worries about Gibson, Mitchell, Lewis, Duryea and others all tonning up *
    * Sighs *

Mullet Maric should be OK to play. He'll just sweep the Mullet the other way to protect his nose.

Jarryd Lyons mentioned Ivan's nose to his face this morning at Darraweit training. Jarryd was last seen flying through the air near Wallan.
    lol Yeah I am a bit concerned about Goldy vs the Doggies Ruck behemoth in Campbell...

12. anthak

anthak wrote:
    The schedule for week 2 of the finals is already set: Foul Bay Chickens vs Birdsville Battlers Darraweit Guim Dirigibles vs Larrikin Lagoon Lefties Good luck to y'all! this week's FIXture has now been set up in tsLeagues

13. chris88

Provisional Darraweit team to face the Lefties: IN: David Armitage, Andrew Walker OUT: Jarryd Lyons (vestitis), Nick Haynes (groin) Still missing a couple, but not a bad team. Ben Brown unlucky not to get a run, as is Marty Gleeson. Old Man Harvey again asked to carry a load in the midfield. Best of luck Lefties. Though with Goldstein facing a CHF and a first gamer in the ruck on Saturday, I don't think you'll need it. :) <table cellspacing='10] <td rowspan='2' style='text-align: left;]Def: ]Andrew Walker ]0 ]Alex Rance ]0 <td class='Emergency' style='text-align: left;]]Thomas JONAS ]0
    ]Steven MAY ]0 ]Jack Newnes ]0 <td class='Emergency' style='text-align: left;] ]0
    <td rowspan='2' style='text-align: left;]Mid: ]Brent Harvey ]0 ]David Armitage ]0 <td class='Emergency' style='text-align: left;]]Martin Gleeson ]0
    ]Levi Greenwood ]0 ]Stephen Coniglio ]0 <td class='Emergency' style='text-align: left;] ]0
    <td rowspan='2' style='text-align: left;]Ruc: ]Ivan Maric ]0 <td class='Emergency' style='text-align: left;] ]0

<td rowspan='2' style='text-align: left;]Fwd: ]Eddie Betts ]0 ]Justin Westhoff ]0 <td class='Emergency' style='text-align: left;]]Ben Brown ]0
    ]Shane Edwards ]0 ]Michael Walters ]0 <td class='Emergency' style='text-align: left;] ]0
    <td rowspan='2' style='text-align: left;]Int: ]Tyrone Vickery ]0 ]Sebastian Ross ]0 <td class='Emergency' style='text-align: left;]]Cameron Wood ]0

14. grav

grav Guest

Yeah best of luck to ur mob Chris. On phone so not gonna post whole team. only change is Langford in and Lloyd out.

15. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Good luck to all four finalists, here's hoping late outs and vests all fall to the good

16. chris88

Might be close to conceding here. Not far behind but geez it is going to be tough making up ground with key players playing at the MCG tonight in these awful conditions.

Let's see how we go hey ... Grav - Goldstein has a downer but Coniglio had a shocker for me so we're square on that - your Hawkers did enough down in Tassie though - with the guys you have tomorrow you should be safe, even with Mzungu filling in for Mitchell.

17. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

So...career worst games for everyone at the Chooks all in the same week. Wouldn't have mattered who I picked this week, both in my side and as an opponent. Congrats JC! Best of luck in the grand final. On the plus side, ChiefBet has made a lot of money from all the suckers that thought I should've been favourite and put their hard earned on accordingly. Mad Monday has already been paid for. We have given Libba a big budget and he is promising a big couple of days. Patty Dangerfield might start festivities tonight and not play tomorrow.

18. chris88

chris88 wrote:
    Might be close to conceding here. Not far behind but geez it is going to be tough making up ground with key players playing at the MCG tonight in these awful conditions.

Let's see how we go hey ... Grav - Goldstein has a downer but Coniglio had a shocker for me so we're square on that - your Hawkers did enough down in Tassie though - with the guys you have tomorrow you should be safe, even with Mzungu filling in for Mitchell.

Not out of it but it is going to be a tough haul.

About 85 down with 1 extra player to come. But Grav, you've got quality - Priddis and Joey M, plus Hill and Mzungu v Melbourne.

I've got Ross, Newnes and Armo from the Saints v Swans, plus Betts and Walters. You might have the edge there Grav. At least though the guys I had playing tonight did better than those who played earlier on today.

19. J_C

J_C Guest

ChiefRussell wrote:
    So...career worst games for everyone at the Chooks all in the same week. Wouldn't have mattered who I picked this week, both in my side and as an opponent. Congrats JC! Best of luck in the grand final. On the plus side, ChiefBet has made a lot of money from all the suckers that thought I should've been favourite and put their hard earned on accordingly. Mad Monday has already been paid for. We have given Libba a big budget and he is promising a big couple of days. Patty Dangerfield might start festivities tonight and not play tomorrow. I'm not ready to say it's done and dusted yet, CR. I'd feel a bit safer if a few of those 70s my guys scored today were 80s or 90s. Three of the of the four I have left to come have recorded sub 40 scores this year without a vest, so anything is possible. Three weeks ago we both topped 1400 in a high quality encounter. Fair to say neither of us has hit those heights this week as, combined, we've had 21 players go around so far for the grand sum of 1580.

20. J_C

J_C Guest

Had a look at who we both have left, CR. The averages say it'll get close.