2015 ORFFA finals week 2

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by anthak, Aug 23, 2015.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Oh wait, muddled up the Tom Lynch puzzle. Grav's got the Adelaide Tom Lynch, not the GC one.

So it is about 12 or so the difference with us both having 5 players today.

Personally, would rather gave had the previous equation, as Tom Lynch has been killing it for Adelaide of late.

Probably makes it quite a deal tougher to be honest!

2. grav

grav Guest

chris88 wrote:
    Oh wait, muddled up the Tom Lynch puzzle. Grav's got the Adelaide Tom Lynch, not the GC one.

Personally, would rather gave had the previous equation, as Tom Lynch has been killing it for Adelaide of late.

Probably makes it quite a deal tougher to be honest! Will be a nail-biter for sure Chris. prob come down to who gets more touches for the saints, Armo or Joey. Walters vs Freo is a healthy place to be, and Muzza has done sfa in recent weeks. Stiil anyone's by my reckoning. Fingers crossed for no more bloody late outs!

3. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

JC wrote:
    Had a look at who we both have left, CR. The averages say it'll get close. On averages I have you predicted to win by about 80 points so not that close really :) You may wish that your 70s turned into 90s, but the coach of this mob asks...'What's a 70?' Only three of my 10 players have cracked above a 70 so far, with five of them not even getting to 60. Selwood had his lowest score since 2009, Hawkins didn't even get half of that. Brad Scott said his North Melbourne midfield (Ziebell and Cunnington) were flat. I can think of a different 'f' word or two to describe them. Since Mummy went down (and without Libba) we have been a three man team (Danger, Dahl and Shaw). This week has been a graphic illustration of that. It's why despite the odd big score here and there I have never been confident about this team. Classic case of trying to hold on one year too long.

4. graeme

graeme Guest

Won't accept that you are out CR until the results are posted. Your mob have always loathe to let anyone nail the lid the lid down on the coffin!

5. chris88

grav wrote:
    chris88 wrote:

Probably makes it quite a deal tougher to be honest! Will be a nail-biter for sure Chris. prob come down to who gets more touches for the saints, Armo or Joey. Walters vs Freo is a healthy place to be, and Muzza has done sfa in recent weeks. Stiil anyone's by my reckoning. Fingers crossed for no more bloody late outs!

Walters a late out. Crap.

Ok, so just as an exercise ... at half time in the StKilda (and after the Betts and Lynch show in Adelaide) I'm 72 points behind. Add in Ben Brown's 40 points coming in for Walters and I am down by 32 points.

I have a half left of Ross, Armitage and Newnes. Grav has a half of Joey M and a full game of Tendai Mzungu.

I reckon the StKilda trio need to gain another 100 points for me to even fell half safe.

But Walters out has just killed me. There's only so much depth a team has - already playing 6 forwards through the mids, forwards and bench. Just very lucky that Ben Brown was named as an emergency or else things would be done.

Simply put, I'm not going to be far enough ahead, or ahead at all. Damn it, season comes down to one late out in one game. That sucks.

Late outs and subs, hey. Just the worst things. At least subs might be gone in 2016.

6. J_C

J_C Guest

ChiefRussell wrote:
    JC wrote:
    Had a look at who we both have left, CR. The averages say it'll get close. On averages I have you predicted to win by about 80 points so not that close really :)
    Well live scores have you within 85 with 3 qtrs of Freo belting up the Dees to come, so perhaps that close after all. :) Pav on fire and McDonald having a 'mare.

7. chris88

Done. Dusted.

StKilda guys did everything required - got me within 15 or so points so that all I would've needed was for Walters to score 15 more than Mzungu.

And given averages and Freo treating Melbourne like a cat treats an injured mouse, if Walters didn't ton up today I'd have been shocked.

Instead, late out - Ross-itis suspected.

Another reason to detest Ross Lyon. I'm way salty on this.

Congrats Grav. Best of luck next week.

I'm off to kick a cat or something.

8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    Done. Dusted.

StKilda guys did everything required - got me within 15 or so points so that all I would've needed was for Walters to score 15 more than Mzungu.

And given averages and Freo treating Melbourne like a cat treats an injured mouse, if Walters didn't ton up today I'd have been shocked.

I'm off to kick a cat or something. Condolences Chris, I've been hating Lyon for years, always happy to have more onboard

9. chris88

Given he has also subbed a rampant Pavlich off for no reason, I'm guessing Foul Bay may well hop aboard too, Len.

Literally the last player in the last game for the weekend and all I needed was an average effort against Melbourne. I'm just shaking my head.

The trade and delist list is being finalised. I'm inviting Ross around to Darraweit so
    I can nail it to his head. :)

10. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

chris88 wrote:
    Given he has also subbed a rampant Pavlich off for no reason, I'm guessing Foul Bay may well hop aboard too, Len.

Literally the last player in the last game for the weekend and all I needed was an average effort against Melbourne. I'm just shaking my head.

The trade and delist list is being finalised. I'm inviting Ross around to Darraweit so
    I can nail it to his head. :) Yeah, the Pav sub hurt a bit. By my calc's I have gone down by 32 points. Probably wouldn't have been enough at any rate to steal the unlikely and undeserved victory. Mayne and Tommy Sheridan did their bit for the Battlers in the end, cancelling out a poor game from TMac.Congrats JC! Would have probably prefered to lose by a bit more. Pav's start got me doing some calculations that I wouldn't have otherwise done, so all in all it was a bit of a bugger that I got sucked back in to a contest that was dead and buried after Friday night. Like Stephen Wells and Chris Scott down at Geelong, I have some tough calls to make in the off season. As I said earlier, too much was left to Danger, Dahl and Shaw this year. They didn't have a houdini act as much as they tried in the final. Everyone bar the three afore mentioned players, Libba and Mummy are on the trade table, as is my first round pick at Pick 11. Eagerly await the trade period opening. Good luck in the finals boys. JC your mob has been a model of consistency over the entirety of the ORFFA so you deserve some success and Grav, some astute trading has seen you turn an average mob under your predecessor into a feared unit that has probably been the form side of the comp since the bye rounds. May you both get to select the sides you want and have no injuries or late outs.

11. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

We've got 7th and 8th in the granny !

12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    We've got 7th and 8th in the granny ! Nice! Variety is the spice of life they say :) Thanks for your efforts in keeping these finals organised ant, the fixture work done by yourself and the fixture team is appreciated, well oiled machine :)

13. grav

grav Guest

chris88 wrote:
    Done. Dusted.

I'm off to kick a cat or something. An epic roller coaster Chris. Late outs and sub-par scores on both sides. When Mitchell was withdrawn I had my head in my hands with the thought of having to field Muzza. Was convinced Ross was gonna throw the second lightning bolt. Roll on Sat night and your Tiger affiliates ripped the bag open to ease the Walker/Coniglio pain. Sunday arvo takes forever to arrive...then FML! Still baffled that not one Saint could ton up in that game (hell, the Blues and Lions still managed a few in their floggings). Seriously reckon I dodged a massive bullet considering your 3 guys were on fire early. Awesome final Chris, played in great spirits and was a tight tussle right to the end. Thanks for the well wishes, the Battlers will be no picnic.

14. J_C

J_C Guest

ChiefRussell wrote:
    chris88 wrote:

I can nail it to his head. :) Yeah, the Pav sub hurt a bit. By my calc's I have gone down by 32 points. Probably wouldn't have been enough at any rate to steal the unlikely and undeserved victory. Mayne and Tommy Sheridan did their bit for the Battlers in the end, cancelling out a poor game from TMac.Congrats JC! Would have probably prefered to lose by a bit more. Pav's start got me doing some calculations that I wouldn't have otherwise done, so all in all it was a bit of a bugger that I got sucked back in to a contest that was dead and buried after Friday night. Like Stephen Wells and Chris Scott down at Geelong, I have some tough calls to make in the off season. As I said earlier, too much was left to Danger, Dahl and Shaw this year. They didn't have a houdini act as much as they tried in the final. Everyone bar the three afore mentioned players, Libba and Mummy are on the trade table, as is my first round pick at Pick 11. Eagerly await the trade period opening. Good luck in the finals boys. JC your mob has been a model of consistency over the entirety of the ORFFA so you deserve some success and Grav, some astute trading has seen you turn an average mob under your predecessor into a feared unit that has probably been the form side of the comp since the bye rounds. May you both get to select the sides you want and have no injuries or late outs. Thanks, CR. You're more than a bit stiff given the perfect storm of shit scores and subs you copped. I'm guessing you'll field a few trade enquiries over the off season given some of the names you've suggested are on the trade table. Delighted to have made the grand final although the Battlers look like arriving there in fairly poor shape. We're just hoping we can find enough bodies this week to put up a competitive showing! Congrats on your win Grav. Looking forward to a tough challenge vs the Lefties this week. :)

15. chris88

Best of luck Birdsville and Lefties. A community service announcement from a victim of Ross-itis .... the contagion will be spreading next weekend. Be afraid. http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/20...