2015 ORFFA Finals Week 3 - the big dance

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by TerryinBangkok, Aug 31, 2015.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Too close to call. Laugh if it was a draw but it may only be 5-10 points either way.

2. J_C

J_C Guest

Grav's two got 11 points from scaling to Howlett's 1 point. Reckon that gets Grav over the line.

3. grav

grav Guest

JC wrote:
    Grav's two got 11 points from scaling to Howlett's 1 point. Reckon that gets Grav over the line. Eeek! Never been more nervous about my math skills. Will have to wait for ts stats on this one...

4. chris88

grav wrote:
    JC wrote:
    Grav's two got 11 points from scaling to Howlett's 1 point. Reckon that gets Grav over the line. Eeek! Never been more nervous about my math skills. Will have to wait for ts stats on this one...

Working off the two totals given by Grav with today's two games pending, JC had to make up 61 points on Grav to draw level.

My adding up says he made up 66 points, post scaling - meaning he is 5 points up.

But again, too close to call. Howlett's last 20 minutes, where he almost doubled his three quarter time score, might be enough - though Baguley had a great last term too.

5. J_C

J_C Guest

I have it 1295 to 1288 in favour of the Lefties. Congrats Grav. A well deserved win, mate. Your mob were the form team in the 2nd half of the year. My lot limped into the finals and were probably lucky to get as far as we did in the end. Well played, Lefties.

6. grav

grav Guest

JC wrote:
    I have it 1295 to 1288 in favour of the Lefties. Congrats Grav. A well deserved win, mate. Your mob were the form team in the 2nd half of the year. My lot limped into the finals and were probably lucky to get as far as we did in the end. Well played, Lefties. I have done a full re-tally as doesn't look like stats will go up tonight. Got pretty much same numbers as you JC. Lefties 1294 def Battlers 1288 (couldn't remember if an odd oop score got rounded up or down, I went down) JC, twas fantastic for this GF to go right down to the last few kicks of the last quarter, but i'm sure you must be gutted. As you surmised, the draw played into my hands very nicely with Hawks v Blues but it was far from a killer blow. You are very humble and modest in defeat there my friend. I tips my hat. If someone else feels compelled to do a GF review, be my guest. My head is still spinning atm and i'm lost for words, other than.... [span style='font-size: 48px; color: #4bacc6;]LEFTIES ROCK!

7. snoz

snoz Moderator

Wow.........the G Man. I am filled with pride. Congrats lad, couldn't have happened to a more deserving coach. JC - well played mate, primed for a run next year. 6 points off......now that is close !!!

8. graeme

graeme Guest

Congrats from across the Tasman to both teams and coaches. There had to a be a winner and it looks like grav gets the tee shirt. My complement to you both is that over the weekend the brains trust behind the Cows started planning for the 2016 campaign, Too long to not have silverware (three of the top five in the 2015 Les W Medal is meaningless). Just to let you all know - 2016, is the year of the Cow in the sacred ORFFA calendar.

9. chris88

Bloody great finale to the season. Well done to both of you for posting very nice scores despite the outs and late season madness. Congrats Grav, commiserations JC, but a huge well played to both of you.

10. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Congratulations to both of you for getting to the GF, and to grav for taking it out by the narrowest of margins..

11. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Cracking GF... grats to grav and drats to JC... well played both of you Haven't even looked at the scoring for the who gives a stuff cup, because I don't give a stuff... but I reckon Dean's mob have got me

12. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

WOW - what a great final, both teams played well. Congrats Grav on the win

13. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Grav, JC hats off for a cracking final. The crowd were on the edge of their seats and I must admit getting a little tanked watching it all live streaming on the Internet. What a great finals series this season, good to shake up the establishment!

14. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Congrats on a great GF. Reminded me of the '79 GF won by the Blues in a come from behind performance. Commiserations to JC.

15. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Congrats Grav on taking out the Grannie in ORFFA, you've done well in turning around a cellar dweller team when you took over the franchise to Premiers in a short time frame. Greg Anderson (one time water boy for the Lefties)

16. grav

grav Guest

Many thanks for the grats everyone. The enormity of this feat is starting to sink in at the Goon, though it is looking quite likely that Mad Monday will morph into Mad September, as the party atmosphere seems to be building. Big shout out to all of you for a brilliant season of banter, bullsh!t and laughs. I sincerely hope for the equality of our league and our own personal sanity that 2016 yields a lesser injury toll. See you in the trading pavillion!

17. snoz

snoz Moderator

Sending you a little congrats prezzi G....... /Portals/0/Users/184/64/1464/nuclear%20bomb.jpg

18. grav

grav Guest

Simonoz wrote:
    Sending you a little congrats prezzi G....... /Portals/0/Users/184/64/1464/nuclear%20bomb.jpg Typical COC.

19. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Congratulations to grav and JC for making the ORFFA Grand Final and playing an exciting and high standard game to give the ORFFA 2015 season a fitting finale.[span style='color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 16px;]
    [span style='color: #434343; font-family: 'Arial',sans-serif;][span style='font-size: 16px;]Well done grav on the unbelievable performance of going from 17th[span style='font-size: 16px;] in 2014 to ORFFA premiers in 2015. <div id='radePasteHelper' style='border: 0px solid red; border-image: none; left: -10000px; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;]