GW27

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by anthak, Feb 10, 2011.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thought we needed somewhere to discuss the double gameweeks this weekend.

first i want to ask this:
    I am considering starting Rooney and Nani (both only the one game against Shitty) over Ferguson who has a double gameweek (against Stoke and NU)

Is that smart, or should I go with the bloke that has 2 games?

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Id be playing Nani as he is a machine and will probably get you min 5 points. Rooney has been doing bugger all so reckon id bench him.

Ive got Evra, Berbatov on my bench, taking the risk that the other guys ive brought in via the wild card!!!! can outscore them with their doubles this week...

Question is who do you captain? VDV, Walcott, Van Persie, at the moment im leaning to VP but not sure...

3. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

If Manu had an easier matchup this week, I would definately be putting Nani on the park, however with their match against City, I feel it would be better to put Ferguson on the field instead of Rooney/Nani.
    As for captains, dont think you can go past Arsenal this week, 2 VERY easy games. Im going to stick the C on VP, cause there is too much competition for points in the gunner midfield, with Arshavin, Walcott and Fabregas.

4. Fez

Fez Moderator

Expect a low scoring game in the derby i'm not going to do it but benching Tevez is a possability, don't have all that many players with 2 games so don't have the luxary to bench a Nani, whats wrong with the post?

5. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

I am playing Nani and Tevez, but benching Berbatov. I reckon Tevez rises another notch for this fixture which is why I have him playing over Berba.

Also is there a chance Ferguson may only play one up front this week. They can ill afford to lose 2 in a row, and definitely don't want to lose to City at home particularly given the current state of the table.

My unreliable instinct says it will be low scoring but the reality is there have been heaps of goals in the derby at Old Trafford in the last 3 years - including last years 4-3 classic.

I have 9 players with double games and VP is my captain lock ahead of Fab! You know this will be the week though that Fab has a 20+ point game.

6. anthak

Im sticking with Fab as captain.

I have 10 players with double games - but 2 are GK's, and only 2 are defenders. which makes me choose a player with only 1 game in backline, and I need to pick one more - deciding out of Nani or Rooney, or maybe Ferguson, as per my initial question.
    Sorry about not using the blog thread Fez - thought i would get more response here as the thread is a bit old now - pushed down the home page due to a few other threads.

my gut is still telling me to go with Fergy on the bench, but most people here reckon to start him... not sure.
    maybe Rooney on the bench... I will definitely start Nani no matter what.

7. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

Ferguson has done Sweet FA in terms of goals and assists, in fact zero for the year in both categories, so the odds are very low he will gain you huge points even with two games. B'hams new mid field signing Bentley though could be worth swapping for Ferguson???? I think I would be tempted to put Rooney ahead of Ferguson, but I would play Bentley ahead of Rooney.

8. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

btw, I think by saying I will nominate VP as captain has just put the kiss of death on him. My captain choices have generally been shite all year.

9. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from ELeviathan on February 10, 2011, 21:00
    Ferguson has done Sweet FA in terms of goals and assists, in fact zero for the year in both categories, so the odds are very low he will gain you huge points even with two games. B'hams new mid field signing Bentley though could be worth swapping for Ferguson???? I think I would be tempted to put Rooney ahead of Ferguson, but I would play Bentley ahead of Rooney.</blockquote>
    ferg is cheaper and has a better ppg ave. however i suppose Bentley is just settling in and has done well so far, particularly his BOG 2 games back.

I dont know much about him though. Whats his story?

10. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from ELeviathan on February 10, 2011, 21:00
    Ferguson has done Sweet FA in terms of goals and assists, in fact zero for the year in both categories, so the odds are very low he will gain you huge points even with two games. B'hams new mid field signing Bentley though could be worth swapping for Ferguson???? I think I would be tempted to put Rooney ahead of Ferguson, but I would play Bentley ahead of Rooney.</blockquote>
    ferg is cheaper and has a better ppg ave. however i suppose Bentley is just settling in and has done well so far, particularly his BOG 2 games back.

I dont know much about him though. Whats his story?

11. anthak

I just got rid of ferg for Puncheon so that its easier in GW28...

sorts out my prob this week too. Im putting Rooney on the bench, starting Puncheon.

is this bloke any good?? scored in his first game for BP last round. I havent heard of him either?

12. anthak

I just got rid of ferg for Puncheon so that its easier in GW28...

sorts out my prob this week too. Im putting Rooney on the bench, starting Puncheon.

is this bloke any good?? scored in his first game for BP last round. I havent heard of him either?

13. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

I know nothing about him either, but goal scoring form is good form in my book.

Yep, GW28 can't be forgotten. This is why I am making not trades this week because if I chase more doubles this week I will have multiple donuts or 4 point hits the next.

14. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

for what it is worth Bentley is a very good player that has arrived from Spurs. I think th general consensus is that he adds some quality to a what has been a very inert Birmingham midfield. It will be interesting to see if he does any good this week

15. Fez

Fez Moderator

Thinking trade Fab out soon with RVP playing he seems to be taking all the set pieces Corner FK and penalties this lowering Fab's output this season, and i know Fab doesn't normally take corners but while Van Persie is playing it seems Fab isn't as effective

16. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Ele...i thinks it might be me and you in the FA Cup final next week!!!! my team also has 9 double gamers...but VDV is doubtful...and same C choice, RVP with Fab as VC.

17. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

@JoshyC
    I hope so mate - that will silence a few of the Fan Footy UK crowd. That Hemlock character I am playing is pretty good though and I need to make up 5 from the first leg.
    Hadn't heard VDV is doubtful (concern!) and Djourou is doubtful for me too. Anyone know the likelihood of them playing??? The FPL website is so unreliable with their injury predictions.

18. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

Where is it being reported VDV is out? - I haven't been able to find that anywhere but have to consider trading him if it is true.

19. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

Haven't seen a recent update on VDV, but reports straight after last week's game weren't promising, suggesting he would miss the first of the double (at least):

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/bolton/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/02/05/SOCCER_Tottenham_Quotes.html

Slightly better news on Djourou for this weekend, but then I take everything Principal Skinner says with a grain of salt:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-positive-over-djourou-and-song-tests?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed&#37;3A+arsenal-news+&#37;28News+Feed&#37;29

20. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

@Fez
    I think I agree with you on Fab. Will trade out for GW28 (too much &#36; to park on the bench). Unless he rewards me in GW27 for keeping the faith, that switch could be permanent.