And you thought Green Jelly Beans was good at SC!

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by ELeviathan, May 19, 2011.

1. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

With Jo's Green Jelly Beans currently flying in nose bleed territory in Supercoach, it may come as a surprise to some (maybe even Jo herself) that she has captained the TooSerious Too's to a regular season league win in the Fan Footy UK 5 a-side FPL comp, and has followed this up by performing when it matters and now taking us into this week's Grand Final!! Who would have thought a Green Jelly bean would be a formidable fantasy sports competitor!!!

Go the Too's this week - fingers crossed we crush the bath dodgers!! :)

2. jb

jb New Member

Really EL? We held them off? Man I feel like I have dropped the ball since SC started. But lookin at points im only 10 off you. Lookout! lol
    & Jo played Hangeland for 21 pointer - nice one captain.
    Whos a must for this week? Berbs as he wants that golden boot?

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

If you don't care about you overall position - go nuts with the transfers and go for glory in the granny!

Well done for making it!

Since sc came round, I've still been checking my team every now and then, but not giving it near enough attention. But I haven't had a look at how the 5as is going for months!

Rapt a TS team has made it too granny!!
    Who you up against?

How did the other TS teams finish up?

(sorry I would chech, but a bit hard for me atm- just on mobile)[LAZY]

4. crew

crew New Member

We have to go up against our nemis in the GayLP.............From memory I don't think we have beaten them. Has been a mighty effort for the Too's though .....The unwashed kissing the far can rosey beads this week as the thought of some convict taking the cigar must make them sick lol.

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Even more impressive is TooSerious's own BuzzBoys who still sits in 2nd place overall in Virtual Sports EPL, only 76 points behind the leader going into the final round. Goodluck Buzz and i reckon take a massive risk to win.....

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Ha- love it! Go you good things!! :D

I do think though that we should start a petition to get the EPL season to finish as the SC season starts- not sure on the logistics of it, but I'm sure they'll work it out1

7. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

@ jb - i just sacked berba for drogba - need a big finish this week to win a couple of leagues...hope it pays off!

@ stk & crew - i won the premiership in the ff.uk league in the VS EPL comp, I need you lads to get stuck into them in the psyche out on SC.

8. crew

crew New Member

Congrats Joshy !!....Haven't been in FF as much as I wanted of recent as time has been a drama. Looks like the bath dodgers have been as a whole pineappled by biblical proportions this season by the convicts..........Still shouldn't brag too much as it's like shooting fish in a barrel LMFAO!!.

@Walesy . We should do the petition as SOCCER should not encroach on FOOTBALL time full stop. Hmmmmmm Anyone got Yani's email ? LOL

9. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

Yeah, good work JoshyC! AND Buzz Boys!!

Yani is still pulling the pineapple out Crew - but got to agree with Walesy and co., hard to manage FPL after SC starts

@Anthak
    In the 5AS regular season comp - Ones finished 5th, Tossers 6th, Tree 12th. Unluckily for the Tossers and Tree, they came up against the Too's in the their finals pool round robin. The One's went pretty well in their finals pool, and just missed out on the semis!

@jb - I like your thinking regarding Berba - might even take a punt on that myself. I reckon Drogba will be lucky to play this week. I will be happy for you to overtake me if it means we beat the Ashes thieves. After 37 rounds hard to believe you, UA and me are on separated by 13 points!?

Putting a call out to the Too's high achiever UA - we need you this week mate.

10. crew

crew New Member

UAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!. One last surge mate.

11. jb

jb New Member

With Crew pulling it together too 2nd half, was gold.

Cmon Richo you gota beat the top dawg.

12. crew

crew New Member

Too's V GayLP

First up we have UA. A coach that has ice water running through his veins. Can select from left field and make it work !!. Has a vision few could comprehend and moves in ways thats all smoke and mirrors. A thinkers thinker and a coach I'd rather have on my side than be against. A trooper and a rock.

Then we have Ele. The man who has more moves than a shifty octopus !. The man who de-binked Binky in the 11th hour with mind games the CIA want access too and moves that left an opponent in shock!!!. A cool hand Luke that is a glass half full sort of bloke. A trooper and a feared opponent in 5AS.

Then there's JB . An absolute rock that gets the biz done week in week out. A no frills player that grinds out wins and turns opponents to pulp on a weekly basis. A beast of an opponent no matter how good you think your team is will find a way to pulp it and quietly move on.

Then we have Crew. A bloke that started the year knowing about 3 players in the whole comp !!. A coach who looks at the game differently (Cause he has no clue lol) and unhinges opponents with this view. Will fight to the death if needed and happy to die for the cause. A man who's never going to die wondering.

Rounding out the team is Jo. A visionary in 5AS and a big game player has a habit of bringing the bacon home when needed. A brute of a lady that shows no mercy for oposition and has taken some big scalps as the season has gone . Another trooper and a wolf in sheeps clothing.

13. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Had no idea what this forum topic was about, glad I clicked on it!!
    Trades are made and the beers are on ice ready for a final flurry at victory. After all my -4's this week I may end up on a negative score, but that counts for nothing in 5AS!
    Been an awesome season, loved reading your banter Crew, kept me entertained on a regular basis.
    Lets bring home the cup!

14. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

love your work as always Crew.

Have enjoyed the spririt in the Too's all season, great fun.... now let's go and take that final hill......... GO TOO'S

15. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I hear that Jo made a few suprise in's this week- which will either be a masterstroke, or catastophy!

Either way though, it's been a fun season- and when I do get around to knocking up the trophy cabinet, the Golden Pineapple will be a prized possession.

16. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

love your work Walesy!! :)