NFL Draft Sunday

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Wiggles, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Wiggles

Wiggles Moderator

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd throw this up because the draft is soon and y'all might want a place for general chat. Would be interesting to see what everyone's interest is in the sport. Who you barrack for? Favourite player? Who you think will go number 1 in your draft? etc. etc.

Carn the Pats!!! Huge year ahead.

2. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

I am a Packers man Wiggles, and have been since favre was doing his thing out Green bay way. Loved Rogers last year, despite the head injuries, he was super last year. Though, Starks effort in the playoffs has certainly endeared himself to me. Plus, the big unit himself, BJ Raji has a place in my heart. Vick will go 1 in our draft, would take some big cahunas not to take him despite the risk that comes with taking him.

What time are we meant to log in - our draft is 8EST is it?? I am in Darwin, so 7:30pm??

3. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

I have been a Niners fan since our glory days back in the late 80's early 90's. I have been fortunate enough to go to Candelstick Park (now Monster Park) twice to see the Niners play.

I think we will struggle this year with Alex Smith as QB. He has not shown anything during the past 3 years and he is not the answer. Hopefully our new coach will improve things this year.

As for number one in the draft, I have a fair idea who might be the top 3 picks but I will keep my cards close to my chest and not divulge them in case I have a pick in the top 3, lol.

Favourite player of all time was Jerry Rice.

4. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Looking forward to the draft Wiggles! As you know Im a Pats fan aswell, getting pretty impatient for the season to start and the 5am wake-ups to watch the early games.
    @Johnson. That time 8:00am is US EST (ie NYC) therefore the draft starts at 10pm AEST. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is either 8:30pm or 9:30pm for you in Darwin.
    Personally cant see Vick being drafted No.1 in our league but only time will tell, has to be Peterson or Johnson for mine, but Rogers and Vick will both be picked up pretty early in the 1st Round.

5. stowie

stowie Moderator

All Day AP for me @ pick 1 if I get the chance.

I think the lobby will be open up to an hour before hand.

Aaand I'm a Packers fan as they seemed to be on Austar every week through the mid to late 90's when I started paying attention.

6. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Am a big Houston Texans fan, even joined their online member community. Like them because they might not win all that often and forever are just missing out on the playoffs after showing so much pre season and early season form but they are exciting to watch and they are usually involved in high scoring games. Lets hope they can deny the colts a playoff spot this year. I hate the Jets and the Steelers, i prefer a passing game rather than lock down defence and then running with it every chance they get which is what you get with those two teams.
    Will be there this Sunday at 10pm and like the Texans will be hoping this year is the one !!

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Supported Team: New Orleans Saints
    Favourite Player/s: Drew Brees and I like Mark Ingram

Adrian Peterson will probably go #1, I'd probably be taking him too. Michael Vick will go early in my opinion, Arian Foster won't be as good as last year but will still go very high, Cj2k (Chris Johnson) will definitely be a top 5 or maybe 10 if he gets his contract that he's happy with, still wants to be paid a lot more. For mine, I'm a big fan of Jamaal Charles. Already have about 6-8 rookies or under-ranked players that I'll be keeping my eyes on for a bench spot. I expect Ray Rice to have a fantastic year, I'm not a fan of LeSean McCoy, he'll definitely be up there again this year, but for some reason I would'nt gtake him if he was the best RB available with a latter pick in the first round. I'd only take MJD, if he's slipped to 10 or so. Not revealing how I select my positions, you'll have to wait till draft night!

My 2 that I'd select at #1, would be either Adrian Peterson or Jamaal Charles, who i think will be very good again this year, even though now the opposition will be looking out for him and not let him do what he wants.

I live in Melbourne, so would the draft be at 10pm?
    Cheers.

Really looking forward to it!

8. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Pittsburgh Steelers for mine, mainly for the colours (tigers tragic) but also a big fan of Jerome Bettis AKA The Bus from the 90's.

Looking forward to trying first year at NFL Fantasy.

9. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Raiders fan since early 90's :) Been some tough years of late but hopefully we have started to turn the corner (I never try to get my hopes up too high though!!)

Been to Oakland once to see them play, was amazing, really wanna head back. Such crazy fans!

10. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

BTW is there a TS league with any space? Keen to jump in.

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@jimbowan

You'll have to settle for emergency, we currently have 3 leagues of 10 (I think) going.

12. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

@ UA, cheers for that, I just wet onto the TS league page and saw the time countdown, so 9:30 up here i think, but will get in early just to make sure. The potential points tally of Vick is massive, that being said, you'd think teams will play him a little differently this year, so maybe it will take big Cahunas to take him at one?? AP, Foster and Calvin seem to be the popular 3, can't wait to see our draft order, will make for a fun Sunday night!

13. Fez

Fez Moderator

Eagles fan since 2001 or the first season I watched it was the Pats n Rams in the superbowl

Also do we have a draft order yet

14. stowie

stowie Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Fez on August 19, 2011, 17:22Also do we have a draft order yet</blockquote>

Draft order will be randomly determined by the system one hour prior to the draft.

15. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

9ers Fan just like Steve.... Jerry Rice is my all time idol. have a signed jersey hanging on my wall... paid a mint for it a looooong time ago

I have been to Candlestick once, I am hoping Smith gives the ball enough air to free up Gore a bit, as no doubt he will be the target of the opposition D... can't just go 90&#37; run plays!

Looking forward to the draft tonight... i'll be on about 9:30... how long do we get to prepare our autopick lists?

16. Sainter

Sainter New Member

League 1 has it on Sunday night, 10pm where I live, hopefully get pick 2-4, but it'll be randomized just before the draft, I probably prefer it that way though.
    Good luck.

17. bgibson87

bgibson87 New Member

hey lads...L3 leauge is ment to be drafting sunday night waiting on 1 friend request still and 3 that havnt signed up so there could be a spot in ours...cheers

18. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

ha, I was all prepped to go- 8am tomorrow morning! :D

Good thing I double checked, will definitely be online this year- though it might delay the stats a little. :p

19. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Steve on August 19, 2011, 15:41
    As for number one in the draft, I have a fair idea who might be the top 3 picks but I will keep my cards close to my chest and not divulge them in case I have a pick in the top 3, lol. </blockquote>

Learning after your prediction of Derrick rose a top 10 pick in NBA draft last year lol

20. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from bgibson87 on August 20, 2011, 13:24
    hey lads...L3 leauge is ment to be drafting sunday night waiting on 1 friend request still and 3 that havnt signed up so there could be a spot in ours...cheers
    </blockquote>

If you don't fill the league, and have already tried the emergencies with no luck. I may be able to join in. Would love to, but check everyone else first.

And wiggles, fave team is the colts - since late 90's