2013 RMT Supercoach

Discussion in 'RMT' started by FlyBoy15, Feb 16, 2013.

1. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    choppers wrote:
    Can fit Bartel in for Stevie J,($400 left) but would need to drop Pittard to get Zorko. I had Daw originally but liked the look of Witts against the Lions. JS is the key here I reckon. Who will back up Jolly at R2 in Buck's side? I guess I won't know til Rd1 happens. Don't recommend dropping Jaspar. Highly likely Hudson will be the backup for Jolly, while Grundy will be given some game time throughout the season. R1 will depend on who they can get on the paddock. Grundy is injured, out for 8 if I recall, and I completely forgot about Hudson. So Daw to R3, keep the Pitts and Bartel gets the nod. Now what to do with the $400 I got left.......555555

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Brody Grundy definitely injured

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

IMO you want all your premiums playing round 1. Otherwise its just a waste of $$$$ and you'll be behind 8-ball straight away. Also if he gets injured at training or something then you will be forced trade him for 0 points. If you can afford it go Bartel, or go Nick Riewoldt for opening few rounds where Saints play Gold Coast & GWS and then trade him to Stevie J if you really want him in your side.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Oops that last post was in reply to Choppers, for some reason didnt quote the original post!!

5. choppers

stkildathunda wrote:
    IMO you want all your premiums playing round 1. Otherwise its just a waste of $$$$ and you'll be behind 8-ball straight away. Also if he gets injured at training or something then you will be forced trade him for 0 points. If you can afford it go Bartel, or go Nick Riewoldt for opening few rounds where Saints play Gold Coast & GWS and then trade him to Stevie J if you really want him in your side. Agree totally, so Bartel gets the nod. However I'm sure there'll be a bit more fine tuning done before Rd1.

6. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Like your team chop, however seeing a lot of teams with currie @ R2 so the coin can be spent on another line. Unless your spending that change on a premium mid are you really getting value? Even if you feel you are, aren't you passing on a mid cow that will possibly get more playing time than a rookie ruck? I reckon Goldie will be North's number one ruck and neither he nor Currie are good enough up forward to play both, but I guess if you want to stick with your structure that's the risk you have to take. Please pick apart my team below: ContestedPosession Def: Goddard, Waters, Gibbs, Goodes, Stevenson, Terlich (Pittard & Docherty) Mid: Ablett, Swan, Watson, JP Kennedy, Fyfe, Stevens K, Wines, OMeara (Crouch & Viney) Ruck: Jacobs, Leuenberger (Rowe & Currie) For: Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, JJ Kennedy, Karnezis, Macaffer (Kerridge & Neade) $188k in the bank So the reason behind the cash left over is so I can upgrade Leuenberger for Mummy, as I said above I'd prefer to spend the money on a good ruck than on Dusty up forward or a mid-pricer in defence. Still tossing up between Swan v Pendlebury, Watson v Danger, Waters v ??? and Macaffer v anyone else. Go to town guys, rip it apart, this is my third year with TS, finished 204 LY and would like to go better this year. I would really appreciate some feedback from some of the communities long term members.

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Squad looks very good to me EE. Swan v Pendles is a coin toss for mine, I would go Danger over Watson only because there is no 'ongoing investigation' at Adelaide and he is ironically therefore potentially a safer pick, annoying as hellbecauseI want Watson myself but am not game for that reason. Waters is good enough for the spot you have him in for sure, though Duffield is possibly better value. I don't get your reasoning for naming berger and not mumford whom you can afford, is that upgrade only if berger isn't named R1? Personally I would either put Martin in if you want a cheap playing ruck, or go mumford and be done with it. I am not sold on your 2 fwd bench rookies but fwd rookies are not great so far and the other lines all look very likely.

8. BJWNFI

BJWNFI Member

Very solid team Eagle Eyed. Def: Hard to fault but I personally don't know much about Stevenson - what's your thinking with him? Mid: Strong! Wish I had the kahoonas to put Koby in - you obviously liked what you saw over in the west hey? Ruc: Agree with Lenh - why not go straight in with Mummy, especially given Berger's archillies issues. Fwd: Pretty darn solid given what's available. JJK is high risk but high reward for mine but can see your thinking, personally I'd go a Premium DPP (Mid/Fwd) that's on the bubble given that you've got an extra $200K rather than a key position forward. I've had Macaffer in and out like dandruff - currently out due to js for mine. Here's mine for everyone's slaughter............I mean feedback..... Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffied, Heppell, Valstuin, Goodes (Pittard/Terlich) Mid: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, J Kennedy, Rockliff, K Mitchell, Crouch, O'Meara (Viney/Colquhoun) Ruc: Cox, Rowe (Witts/Currie) Fwd: Franklin, Roughead, Zorko, Bartel, Kerridge, Lee (Neade/Paparone) $14K in bank

9. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

BJWNFI wrote:
    [span style='font-size: 10px;]Here's mine for everyone's slaughter............I mean feedback..... Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffied, Heppell, Valstuin, Goodes (Pittard/Terlich) Mid: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, J Kennedy, Rockliff, K Mitchell, Crouch, O'Meara (Viney/Colquhoun) Ruc: Cox, Rowe (Witts/Currie) Fwd: Franklin, Roughead, Zorko, Bartel, Kerridge, Lee (Neade/Paparone) $14K in bank Why have you got Rocky in the mids? He's ok at best as a mid, but top flight as a forward. For me, I'd swap Kerridge into the mids for Rocky, then bench him for Viney who's at least been playing against men for a while. I'm not sold on Lee's js.Otherwise, strong across the field, apart the obvious cost saving r2,3 and 4. Bit of a risk here, as Brad Scott came out yesterday and said he couldn't see Currie and Goldstein playing in the same team. Will Rowe get many games? Carlton has more tall timber than an American sequoiaforest!

10. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Here's mine, $3700 left. (def) Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Armstrong, Vlastuin, Pittard, Heath, Terlich (mid) Ablett, JP Kennedy, A Swallow, Barlow, B Goodes, K Mitchell, O'Meara Crouch, Anderson (ruck) Roughead, Jacobs, Daw, Currie (fwd) Naitanui, Walker, Zorko, Rockliff, Wright, Karnezis, Macaffer, Sinclair. Big omission is Buddy; just taking a punt that's all. POD's are Tony Armstrong (played all NAB Cup and looked ok I thought); Barlow (who has hardly been mentioned on threads ....ball magnet ?); NicNat (out only Rd 1 hopefully therefore Sinclair likely to play, Nic would have been a lock in most teams otherwise), and Matty Wright as my smokey fwd set for big improvement this year IMO. Heath, Currie, Anderson no certainties for R1 selection so no doubt a bit of shuffling still required.

11. choppers

TheOnion wrote:
    Here's mine, $3700 left. (def) Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Armstrong, Vlastuin, Pittard, Heath, Terlich (mid) Ablett, JP Kennedy, A Swallow, Barlow, B Goodes, K Mitchell, O'Meara Crouch, Anderson (ruck) Roughead, Jacobs, Daw, Currie (fwd) Naitanui, Walker, Zorko, Rockliff, Wright, Karnezis, Macaffer, Sinclair. Big omission is Buddy; just taking a punt that's all. POD's are Tony Armstrong (played all NAB Cup and looked ok I thought); Barlow (who has hardly been mentioned on threads ....ball magnet ?); NicNat (out only Rd 1 hopefully therefore Sinclair likely to play, Nic would have been a lock in most teams otherwise), and Matty Wright as my smokey fwd set for big improvement this year IMO. Heath, Currie, Anderson no certainties for R1 selection so no doubt a bit of shuffling still required. Looks pretty solid with a few POD selections. Nice. I only count 9 in the MIDS so another rookie needed. Not sure I'd go with a PREM on the bench 1st up. But looking good.Cheers

12. Tommy18

Tommy18 Guest

@Onion that's a good set up. But I think Armstrong is a gamble and think you need strengthen up your mids a little more rather than start Swallow. I also think Zorko is overpriced to start the year.
    I'm not convinced of my choice for Yarran but not sure how else to spend my money at this point. It's a slightly more mid-priced strategy than normal for me but those mid priced options have me tempted this year. $68.8K left over.
    My team as follows: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Yarran, Docherty (Goodes, Pittard) Pendles, Watson, Murphy, Rich, Wines, Hill, O'Meara, Crouch (Viney, Colquhoun) McEvoy, Roughead (Currie, Rowe) Buddy, Cox, Walker, JJK, Karnezis, McCaffer (Neade, Kerridge)

13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Eagle Eyed Good side. Longer term strategy might be to down Buddy to (say) Bartel then use the cash + bank to upgrade Lewy to NicNat, eventually using fattened rooks to bring Buddy in. Mummy might be a slow starter this year. Just a thought. Think Waters might be in for another big year, in preference to Shagger? @BJWNFI Lee, Kerridge and Paparone are all concerns at this point. Might require some rethinking there. @TheOnion All the etiquette of a crow. You are supposed to contribute something on other teams before just whacking your own up. No mention of cash left over. Cox for NicNat worth blowing a trade later on, possibly bringing NicNat back for Roughead. Armstrong a reasoned choice and worth the punt. @Tommy18 Vlastuin or Plowman might be a better choice than Yarran, using the cash elsewhere. DEF and MID is where the fattening will happen this year, so stack your rookies in there and go for Prem/Mid-price up FWD.

14. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Apologies all...TIB is correct, and I had indeed failed to comment on others, foolishly I had done so on other threads. Damn that TIB; he is like Jesus and is omnipresent. Choppers and BJWNFI - Duffield is the worry for me as Freo's young mid field guns are all up and about this and he let his SC owners down badly in first half last year. Birchall or Hanley for me. Choppers; I also have a personal concern on Bartel as I cant see him getting through all year without a break; either enforced or inflicted. Eagle Eyed, I'd have Pendles over Swan every time to start the year. What I'm leading up to folks, is the old age factor. Duff and Swanny are both 28 and Bartel 29. When in doubt, I prefer the younger guns for my own starting squad. Wonder if we might all have to re-think the ruck set ups if Currie, Rowe and Sinclair aren't picked in R1? Lenh's idea about S Martin is starting to grow in interest for me. Not a keeper obviously but might make a bit of cash while we see how the premium rucks settle down this year....lots of unknowns I feel. Maybe we should just load up with St Kilda players early on as SKT suggests .... except for the chance on pre-season form that GWS or GCS could actually beat STK ? <lol> May God be with you in your selections, I pray north to Bangkok for my sins. I pray that he can also read my opening sentence that says.....'$3700 left over .....''. PS - oh and I left Neade off my list ; he's only a little tiny fellow so not hard to do.

15. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Anyone banking on Sinclair to play is forgetting Lycett. I know SC has him listed as a forward, however he was drafted as a ruck and is Coxies long term replacement. Sinclair is WCE'S R4.

16. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

We already have JC in our league, so I can have no pretensions to that position. Omnipresent is not bad though. Noticed the $3.7. Also noticed the edit pencil. We will be meeting somewhere this year - look forward to it.

17. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Lol, game on Tezza !!Good point on Lycett Eagle Eyed.

18. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

To anyone with Koby Stevens in their side, if they haven't already heard the news - apparently he's going for X-rays to see if he broke ribs this weekend. Can't imagine he'll be named in R1 either way - with broken ribs definitely not, without broken ribs there's probably still some bruising that the Doggies might give him a week to get over.

19. Kanga18

Kanga18 New Member

@Eagle_Eyed Walesy had a good article re: Sinclair early in the year. @Tommy18 did you see much of Docherty in the NAB cup final? We might need to reconsider My rough draft - Obviously Luey needs to go - wpould prefer to keep structure and get a $350k R2 - but none I like: D: Goodard, Birchall, Wats, Vlaustin, Brown Goodes,( Docherty Terlich) M: Ableet, Pendles, Priddis, Gibbs, Moloney, Wines, O'Meara, Mitchel, Viney, Crouch, R: Cox, ?????, Currie, SInclair F: Franklin, Rockliff, Ryder, Rooey, Broughton, Varoe, Macaffer, Daniher

20. Iceman

Iceman New Member

<p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #434343; font-size: 14px;]Hey guys, Tommy18, I'm not buying into Yarran this year. Many others are positive he will have a cracker of a season, but I can't see it happening. Like TIB, definetely consider Vlaustin. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #434343; font-size: 14px;]What is the general consensus in regards to starting Franklin this year? He takes a fair chunk of the salary for someone who is (maybe?) priced at his ceiling. With the hawks first rounds, I can't see him holding his price and maybe making him a decent pick up later on. And that cash could definetely be used in different area's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I recall (correctly), Franklin usually starts a little slow perhaps? At the moment I have him in the team but I am still strongly considering otherwise. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #434343; font-size: 14px;]DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Armstrong, Goodes, Pittard (Colquhoun, Terlich) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #434343; font-size: 14px;]MID: GAJ, Pendlebury, JPK, K.Jack, Sloane, Wines, O'Meara, Crouch (Viney, Blicavs) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #434343; font-size: 14px;]RUCK: Cox, Longer (Currie, WItts) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #434343; font-size: 14px;]FWD: Franklin, Rockliff, Bartel, Wright, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Rowe) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]$28,000 left. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Not confident with rucks, may need a reshuffle of squad to upgrade Longer. Criticism much appreciated.