2012 SuperCoach Preseason

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

It is never too early to start preparing for supercoach 2012. I will be planning to win, taking every possible factor into account particulary when to use trades, required risks and expected team score. As well as things like injury history and previous SuperCoach winner's teams. Any thoughts.

2. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

Yes, put a line through Higgins, Rioli, & Grimes, don't take the high draft picks as there is equal or better value in mature aged rookies and load up on ultra midfield prems and build around them.

3. SuperCoachSuperStar

It is important to have a goal team so you know what you are working to, it is also important to allow for injuries to your premiums. I think it is important to start with only having two ultra premiums, because they are more likely to drop in price and will be better to pick up around rounds 7-10. I'll try to stay away from players over 30, and do research on every rookie priced player on my team.

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Midfield core of Pendles, Murphy, Ablett, Selwood - will be keeping a close eye on Hodge, if he has an uninjured pre season and he looks fit with no injuries could be a little underpriced.
    I'll be picking Deledio and Goddard as first two backman and Franklin and Pavlich as best two forwards. Sandi in the ruck and build the team around them boys. Agree, top draft picks will be nearing 200k, waste of time just save 100k on mature age recruits who will score the same or even more.

5. SuperCoachSuperStar

I'll have a similar midfield including: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Barlow and Murphy (depending if he fits into salary cap but probably will).
    I agree about getting high draft picks but may still get them depending how good they are.

6. Gabrielle

Gabrielle New Member

I'll be going 6 premium mids next year, I believe there'll be value in the forward line and backline where I can get a few cheapies like Lake and other players who have missed most of this year, and trying to find next year's Heppell's, Lower's and Duigan's, I'd say get a couple premium backs then load up on rookies, and include players like Jonathon Brown and Alan Didak in the forward line for a bit of value. Look out for Fevola :p.

Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Judd and Boyd all have high scoring and consistent capability.
    Then have a backlin something like this, Goddard, Deledio (those two should be starting in most backlines) with Lake, Waters, and 3 rookies. Include Brown and Dids up forward I think you could squeeze it in, Giles as R2.

Will Jon Patton be available as Ruckman, Forward or a RUC/FOR?

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Rough Draft but might as well;

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Lake, Hartlett, Rookie, Rookie.
    Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Hayes, Rookie.
    Sandilands, Giles.
    Franklin, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Zaharakis, Brown, Rookie, Rookie.

Hopefully will fit into the salary cap as a rough draft. I reckon Swanny as an M/F next year is possible, kicked 30 goals this year including kicking 2 or more goals on 8 occasions.
    And considering that's just 6 less then Goodes who plays forward a lot more I reckon it makes sense.

8. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@ Sainter
    Don't hold your breath on Hartlett being D/M MPP, he'll only be a Mid but will be worth looking at as a POD in the midfield next year.
    As for forwards, I think Butcher is a must have if his price is right - has shown he can take strong contested marks and does the team thing by putting pressure on in the fwd line with strong tackling.

9. SuperCoachSuperStar

I've been working on a excel spreadsheet for SuperCoach. I've created a trade centre with all 795 players from this season. I've wrote a formula for next season prices: =IF(100*ROUND(IF(E11=0,0.6,1)*IF(E11=1,0.7,1)*IF(E11=2,0.8,1)*IF(E11=3,0.8,1)*IF(E11=4,0.9,1)*IF(E11=5,0.9,1)*IF(E11=6,0.9,1)*(IV11/100)*IF(ISERROR(F11/E11),0,F11/E11),0)<IU11,IU11,100*ROUND(IF(E11=0,0.6,1)*IF(E11=1,0.7,1)*IF(E11=2,0.8,1)*IF(E11=3,0.8,1)*IF(E11=4,0.9,1)*IF(E11=5,0.9,1)*IF(E11=6,0.9,1)*(IV11/100)*IF(ISERROR(F11/E11),0,F11/E11),0))

F11=2011 Total Points
    E11=2011 Games Played
    IU11=Minimum 2011 price
    IV11=Magic Number

As well as a team value calculator, remaining salary cap and onfield averages (including Captain)

10. SuperCoachSuperStar

Fyfe will be very good next year except there are some concerns about his shoulder. Dustin Martin also will be very good, hopefully he becomes a FWD/MID if he is just a midfielder he might not fit into my team.

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Is Swan a chance for M/F? kicked 30 goals this year but I'm not sure....

I'd have Dusty in a flash if he's available up forward..

@Bearfly

Cheers on Hartlett.

Personally, next year Enright will increase his scores imo - Milburn more than likely will retire, Wojo is getting old and some here have already predicted him as a chance to retire, could get Enright some extra points, or someone looking to have a break out year and replacingone of Milburn/Wojo on the half back line if uninjured, thoughts on Taylor Hunt?

12. SuperCoachSuperStar

I don't think Swan will be considered a FWD/MID he plays mainly in the forward line to rest so I don't think he'll be considered. I however think Martin will be FWD/MID he kicked 33 goals this season and plays as a forward sometimes. I don't think you should get Taylor Hunt he averaged 53 this season and won't average more than 75-80, I think you're better off getting a rookie and using the $160,000 elsewhere.

13. SuperCoachSuperStar

This season was to easy to many teams had the same players, and having premiums as backup is too far. This season was very difficult to win or to stand out above the rest. If trades are reduced and the magic number is increased next season should be better, rewarding the coaches who put hours of research in. Hopefully the MPP links can remain.

14. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@SuperCoachSuperStar

No, read my comment, I'm talking about next year, not this year (as you replied with 53 average). I did actually say that he may score better next year with positions in the back line opened up from the possible retirements of Milburn and Wojinsci. I'm not talking about this year, sometimes you have to pick players who are going to have break out seasons, like I said with Hartlett. And another reason of picking him ahead of rookies, as he'll be in a better team, coming into his 3rd or 4th year with mre experience to the game against bigger bodies. Obviously depends on NAB Cup form.

Just read the comment and it may make more sense.
    Jack.

15. SuperCoachSuperStar

I must of misread it. What do you think about Andrew Swallow or Tom Rockliff next season?

16. Swans05

Swans05 New Member

do you know if we will be able to use the field page we use in regular season when supercoach gold opens up the pricelist in december?

17. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Swans05

Not sure mate.

@SCSS

Andrew Swallow is already elite IMO and was a bit of a POD this year, next year more will jump on, but he has shown he can score very big and is quite consistent, he does turn the ball over on occassions, but with the amount of clearances and tackles he gets to add to his disposals certainly a good option.

Tom Rockliff will be a POD who will go 100+ next year IMO.

18. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Swan no chance of M/F.

19. SuperCoachSuperStar

I agree last year Ablett played a lot in the forward line kicked 43 goals and still wasn't a MID/FWD.

20. SuperCoachSuperStar

Who thinks they could win it and how many hours a day do you put into SuperCoach.