2015 Pre-Season Auction Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Auction Thread - Where assets are listed for public auction and any bids are posted until an auction is called closed.

Actions open on midnight of the 6th.

Auction Rules: (updated 19/9/14 Len)

1. All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time.

2. All players or picks being auctioned cannot be pulled before that day/time.

3. No asset being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of the asset has reached it's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale.

4. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary.

5. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so.

6. Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser.

7. As soon as practical after receiving multiple bids on an asset the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional.

8. All auctions are final and irreversible unless via subsequent mutually agreed trade.

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Guess I'll kick us off with a short-ish one David Mundy, averaged 102 last season and didn't miss a game, and if you take out his concussion and red vest in round 4 that average goes to 105. Only dropping under 80 once besides concussion round. Aged 29 at the moment so still got a few good years left in him. Looking for a forward, won't place a required average or age but will judge as it comes. Will also consider offers involving good defenders. The player must have solid security in the teams starting 22. Auction ends Friday 13h of Feb at 11:59pm.

3. G-Train

G-Train Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Guess I'll kick us off with a short-ish one David Mundy, averaged 102 last season and didn't miss a game, and if you take out his concussion and red vest in round 4 that average goes to 105. Only dropping under 80 once besides concussion round. Aged 29 at the moment so still got a few good years left in him. Looking for a forward, won't place a required average or age but will judge as it comes. Will also consider offers involving good defenders Auction ends Friday 12th of Feb at 11:59pm. I'll bid Jed Lamb, GWS , FWD. http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pu-greater-western-sydney-giants--jed-lamb

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Prap wrote:
    Fitzy wrote:
    Guess I'll kick us off with a short-ish one David Mundy, averaged 102 last season and didn't miss a game, and if you take out his concussion and red vest in round 4 that average goes to 105. Only dropping under 80 once besides concussion round. Aged 29 at the moment so still got a few good years left in him. Looking for a forward, won't place a required average or age but will judge as it comes. Will also consider offers involving good defenders Auction ends Friday 12th of Feb at 11:59pm. I'll bid Jed Lamb, GWS , FWD. http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pu-greater-western-sydney-giants--jed-lamb Nope, not close tbh.
    I'll edit into it that they must be pretty cemented into their teams starting 22

5. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Prap wrote:
    Fitzy wrote:
    Guess I'll kick us off with a short-ish one David Mundy, averaged 102 last season and didn't miss a game, and if you take out his concussion and red vest in round 4 that average goes to 105. Only dropping under 80 once besides concussion round. Aged 29 at the moment so still got a few good years left in him. Looking for a forward, won't place a required average or age but will judge as it comes. Will also consider offers involving good defenders Auction ends Friday 12th of Feb at 11:59pm. I'll bid Jed Lamb, GWS , FWD. http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pu-greater-western-sydney-giants--jed-lamb Nope, not close tbh.
    I'll edit into it that they must be pretty cemented into their teams starting 22 I'll bid Jordan Murdoch

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I've got a doozy! Im putting this player up for auction: Matthew Watson, Carlton, Def/Fwd Age: 22 2014 SC ave: 79. I remember that at least 1 person has enquired about him whilst he's been on my list, but I can't remember who. The reserve is not very high, /and/ he is a good project player with a lot of potential. Dual position, still very young, and an elite kick! A draft pick would be good in exchange. Auction closes 9:09pm Melbourne time, on Friday February 13...

7. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Fitzy wrote:
    Guess I'll kick us off with a short-ish one David Mundy, averaged 102 last season and didn't miss a game, and if you take out his concussion and red vest in round 4 that average goes to 105. Only dropping under 80 once besides concussion round. Aged 29 at the moment so still got a few good years left in him. Looking for a forward, won't place a required average or age but will judge as it comes. Will also consider offers involving good defenders. The player must have solid security in the teams starting 22. Auction ends Friday 12th of Feb at 11:59pm. Lol just realised I stuffed up the date, I mean Friday 13th of Feb And sorry Chief but that won't be enough either, need a fair step up as well

8. G-Train

G-Train Member

anthak wrote:
    Ok, I've got a doozy! Im putting this player up for auction: Matthew Watson, Carlton, Def/Fwd Age: 22 2014 SC ave: 79. I remember that at least 1 person has enquired about him whilst he's been on my list, but I can't remember who. The reserve is not very high, /and/ he is a good project player with a lot of potential. Dual position, still very young, and an elite kick! A draft pick would be good in exchange. Auction closes 9:09pm Melbourne time, on Friday February 13... It was I. Then his value quadrupled from one game. So now he is too expensive for me.

9. G-Train

G-Train Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Prap wrote:
    Fitzy wrote:
    I'll edit into it that they must be pretty cemented into their teams starting 22 No problem. I will bid Jeff Garlett, Billie Smedts and pick 70.

10. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Fitzy wrote:
    Guess I'll kick us off with a short-ish one David Mundy, averaged 102 last season and didn't miss a game, and if you take out his concussion and red vest in round 4 that average goes to 105. Only dropping under 80 once besides concussion round. Aged 29 at the moment so still got a few good years left in him. Looking for a forward, won't place a required average or age but will judge as it comes. Will also consider offers involving good defenders. The player must have solid security in the teams starting 22. Auction ends Friday 13th of Feb at 11:59pm.

I'll bid Adam Kennedy (GWS defender, 22) Pick 74 in the 2015 PSD and my 2nd round MSD pick in 2015.

11. anthak

Prap wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    Ok, I've got a doozy! Im putting this player up for auction: Matthew Watson, Carlton, Def/Fwd Age: 22 2014 SC ave: 79. I remember that at least 1 person has enquired about him whilst he's been on my list, but I can't remember who. The reserve is not very high, /and/ he is a good project player with a lot of potential. Dual position, still very young, and an elite kick! A draft pick would be good in exchange. Auction closes 9:09pm Melbourne time, on Friday February 13... It was I. Then his value quadrupled from one game. So now he is too expensive for me. Yes, I remembered that after I posted this. I cant remember what I was asking for back then. But, you may as well have a shot if you're still interested. You may be surprised by what I am willing to accept hahaha

12. grav

grav Guest

Fitzy wrote:
    Guess I'll kick us off with a short-ish one David Mundy, averaged 102 last season and didn't miss a game, and if you take out his concussion and red vest in round 4 that average goes to 105. Only dropping under 80 once besides concussion round. Aged 29 at the moment so still got a few good years left in him. Looking for a forward, won't place a required average or age but will judge as it comes. Will also consider offers involving good defenders. The player must have solid security in the teams starting 22. Auction ends Friday 12th of Feb at 11:59pm. Haven't seen any feedback to know where this one is at but i'll throw a bid in anyway. I bid Nick Suban M/F and PSD pick 48 for Mundy

13. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Tuck me, I know I'm not in this league but the calibre of bids for the inaugural David Mundy medalist has been absolutely shameful. Fitzy, if cross league trading was permissible I would offer you any of Duffield (DEF, 29yo, Avg. 88), Kelly (DEF, 31yo, Avg. 89) or Everitt (DEF, 25yo, Avg. 81) in order to have 2 David Mundy's in my lineup. Apologies all, I'll get my coat.

14. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Yanno, when I saw the Mundy offer on the table I thought to myself at the time, bet Hornsy wishes there was cross-league trading. He is Rolls Royce category.

15. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Fitzy wrote:
    Guess I'll kick us off with a short-ish one David Mundy, averaged 102 last season and didn't miss a game, and if you take out his concussion and red vest in round 4 that average goes to 105. Only dropping under 80 once besides concussion round. Aged 29 at the moment so still got a few good years left in him. Looking for a forward, won't place a required average or age but will judge as it comes. Will also consider offers involving good defenders. The player must have solid security in the teams starting 22. Auction ends Friday 13h of Feb at 11:59pm. Reserve hasn't been met yet, an easy choice to decline the offers really. Hornsy's was pretty close.Only a few hours left until people can message me if they want to pursuit Mundy talks.

16. G-Train

G-Train Member

Hornsy wrote:
    Tuck me, I know I'm not in this league but the calibre of bids for the inaugural David Mundy medalist has been absolutely shameful. Fitzy, if cross league trading was permissible I would offer you any of Duffield (DEF, 29yo, Avg. 88), Kelly (DEF, 31yo, Avg. 89) or Everitt (DEF, 25yo, Avg. 81) in order to have 2 David Mundy's in my lineup. Apologies all, I'll get my coat. Not really shameful when you meet the guidelines set out by the owner. Unfortunately I don't have any similarly aged players to bid, and I won't trade a goung gun for a 30 year old.

17. G-Train

G-Train Member

Regarding Mundy, I will bid pick 22.

18. anthak

anthak wrote:
    Ok, I've got a doozy! Im putting this player up for auction: Matthew Watson, Carlton, Def/Fwd Age: 22 2014 SC ave: 79. I remember that at least 1 person has enquired about him whilst he's been on my list, but I can't remember who. The reserve is not very high, /and/ he is a good project player with a lot of potential. Dual position, still very young, and an elite kick! A draft pick would be good in exchange. Auction closes 9:09pm Melbourne time, on Friday February 13... Ok, this has closed... With no takers.

19. bama

bama Active Member

Hi guys, i have a couple of players to put up to see what I can get. cyril rioli for a decent defender chad Wingard for a very good defender biddong ends at the end of the trade period which I guess is midnight tomorrow.

20. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

bama wrote:
    Hi guys, i have a couple of players to put up to see what I can get. cyril rioli for a decent defender chad Wingard for a very good defender biddong ends at the end of the trade period which I guess is midnight tomorrow. Hey bama, welcome back :) Trade period runs until the 15th or 20th March, probably the latter..