2016 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by Tylo, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Squad size - definite no for me to an increase. There are plenty of players available that play nearly every week that noone wants cause they'd rather take a punt on 19 y/o's.
    Mandatory delistment - I think it helps even up the comp but I'm not complaining if coaches don't want it
    Round Review - don't mind how it's done. Everyone should make an effort to contribute but it's not a big deal if some don't
    Catastrophic Event-always think a vote is a good idea when something major comes up
    Non-Filling of teams - happy with the suggested way of dealing with it
    Team entry post each week-again it's good if everyone can get involved but it certainly shouldn't be mandatory
    MSD ranking - as we have been
    Loop holing - happy for it to be stopped if a clear effective rule can be made
    Another issue I'd like to raise is the rules that were added this time last year. All along it was said there would be a vote on any rule changes but in the end new rules were introduced without a vote. Some objections were raised at the time but nothing came of it and we all just let things roll along. Most of these rules relate to the commitment level of coaches and personally I think some of them are a bit extreme. I think it's important to remember that whilst we obviously all love our fantasy footy, this is just a game and it's meant to be enjoyable. I understand the intention of trying to get everyone involved and contributing, and I agree that the more this happens the better the comp will be for all. But we also all have families, careers and lives away from ORFFU that are much more important. We are a group of 18 individuals and in any group you are going to get a range of personalities. Diversity is a good thing and I don't think we want to turn this into a comp only for people who are online 24/7. It's important that everyone gets an equal say in the direction we take, rather than the more assertive forcing their views on the rest.

2. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Coaches,

Thanks for the comments, debates opinions etc, I'll take what's here at the moment, summarise it, have a discussion with the other Board members and then go from there if there is a need for a poll in the first place or change can happen without a poll. Please don't let this stop you from posting more.

I take on board Tylo's comments regarding changes to the rules without what was said was going to be done in ratifying thosechanges. Apologies to Tylo and any other coach that felt that a change was made last year and was pushed through with little or no input.

In saying that not all changes should or will be voted on by every coach, some decisions must just simple be made by the board or as a Captain's call hence why we have a Commissioner & a board for some items.

As previously mentioned I'd like to have a poll out there by mid-October if required and then the rules can be bedded down by the end of October so we all know exactly what's what even if we don't agree with every last rule.

Hope you all will be screaming at the TV with a coldy in your hand tomorrow when GF is on.

3. YAD69

Well it's been pretty active up here in Groote Eylandt, as reported by the ABC last Wednesday 04/11/15 $34 million has gone missing from the Groote Eylandt trust fund. Thsi sucks cause that's were the winnings from the ORFFU 2015 went to :(

To top it off two guys are dead and another has been flown toDarwin for treatment after a large community disturbance on Saturday. Lucky enough for the Cuda's none of our players got caught up in it and pre-season training can start today.

4. YAD69

But wait there's more!

Rookie draft Friday for those that got delisted.
    Super Coach positions will be the nervous wait until January 16.

5. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

no mate, just filling in the numbers

6. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

eagle_eyed wrote:

For anyone that doesnt want to pay, the link below has RDT positions for 2016; pretty sure SC positions are the same.

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2015/12/16/r...

Hope it's ok to post this link. Looks like The Sandgropers pick up6 DPP's for 2016!!! </div>

In 2015 the Bulls had a spike of DPP, Bulls circa 2016 have lost out.

Boydmoves from mid todef
    Brucemoves from def tofwd
    Lobb gainsfwd
    Ahern gains mid
    Josh Kelly, Jimmy Toumpas&amp;amp; Lewis Jetta lose fwd

Frustratingly offseason recruit Ryan Griffenjust missed out on def status missing the requirement of 35% of disposals in defence by just 3% ouch!

7. YAD69

The Barracuda's have been shot down in the DPP stakes for 2016 with a heap of best 22 losing their flexibility, especially new recruit Everitt being allocated FWD after courted to GEFC as a defenseman.

Loss of DPP
    J Frawley DEF/FWD &amp;gt; DEF
    S Burgoyne DEF/MID &amp;gt; DEF
    A Everitt DEF/MID &amp;gt; FWD
    M Bontempelli MID/FWD &amp;gt; MID
    J Lloyd MID/FWD &amp;gt; MID

Gain of DPP
    R Stanley FWD &amp;gt; FWD/RUC
    B Newton MID &amp;gt; MID/FWD
    L Jong MID &amp;gt; MID/FWD

DPP's for 2016
    D Zorko MID/FWD
    R Stanley FWD/RUC
    B Newton MID/FWD
    L Jong MID/FWD

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  8. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Yeah super quiet. I check too but don't have anything worth saying... I am going to delist Duffield though.

9. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I will trade you pick 18 in next years PSD ;) ;)

10. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

DamoH wrote:
    Hmmm, so maybe I should have taken one of those offers for Dusty...</div>

Damo,
    I was just thinking today who had him! I guess you will know more on Friday!

11. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

eagle_eyed wrote:

For anyone that doesnt want to pay, the link below has RDT positions for 2016; pretty sure SC positions are the same.

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2015/12/16/r...

Hope it's ok to post this link. Looks like The Sandgropers pick up6 DPP's for 2016!!! </div>

Thanks for the heads up EE. Looks like some added flexibilty on the Blowflys squad this coming year. Cheers

12. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Well, I am completely screwed... following players have lost DPP

Robbie Gray
    Danyle Pearce
    Jack Ziebell
    Hugh Goddard
    Dane Swan

Trades anyone? :(

13. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

bryzza wrote:
    martyg wrote:

Well, I am completely screwed... following players have lost DPP

Robbie Gray
    Danyle Pearce
    Jack Ziebell
    Hugh Goddard
    Dane Swan

Trades anyone? :(

</div>

Sorry about Ziebell, looks like you have 10/11 midfielders to choose from </div>

It's ok mate, looks like Laverde didn't hold up his end of the bargain either!

14. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Woops, I was away on work last week and missed the updates to this thread. My 2c....

Squad size - would prefer to leave it as is. any larger and there'll be next to no players to pick from in the msd
    Mandatory delistment - leave as is but any increase to list sizes i think should require mandatory delistments at both psd and msd (eg 1-2 at msd and 1-3 at psd)
    Round Review - home team
    Catastrophic Event - deal with it as it comes up. think it worked well this year with quite a few opinions were put forward then the board voted
    Non-Filling of teams - score of 1500 and a win recorded for first week for purposes of the draft
    Team entry post each week - leave as is. at times it can be a stretch to get the sc team in, updated tsleagues and post the 'fu team in the thread
    PSD &amp;amp; MSD ranking - like how it's working now and agree with wrightbrendan that elimination final losers get picks 11/12, 13/14 for losers in next round of finals etc
    Loop holing - dislike it but not an easy one to stop. think we disallow any changes post friday night even for any monday games
    <div>
    </div>

15. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Its oh so quiet.....

16. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

JPK wrote:

Its oh so quiet..... </div>
    i was thinking the same thing...ssssshhhhh

17. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Waiting and off season does my head in

18. eagle_eyed

Pfffft! ORFFU draft is over rated, I've managed to trade out of the first 3 rounds! 5 picks in total!!!

19. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

eagle_eyed wrote:

Pfffft! ORFFU draft is over rated, I've managed to trade out of the first 3 rounds! 5 picks in total!!! </div>

Over rated eh? I'll swap you my 3rd and 4th round PSD picks in 2017 for your 1st and 2nd :p

20. eagle_eyed

Jan 16! This offseason is dragging its feet. Probably doesn't help when you finish 13th ;)