2016 Prediction Thread!

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Feb 28, 2016.

By walesy on Feb 28, 2016 at 11:08 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Ok, put it on the line here for fame, ridicule and all time. Extra points for bold predictions that come true. :D

LADDER
    1. WEagles
    2. Freo
    3. Geelong
    4. Dogs
    5. Hawthorn
    6. Collingwood
    7. Sydney
    8. Richmond

9. GWS
    10. Port
    11. North
    12. Gold Coast
    13. Adelaide
    14. Melbourne
    15. St Kilda
    16. Brisbane
    17. Carlton
    18. Essendon

Premiers: Hawthorn
    Runner up: Eagles
    Brownlow: Dangerfield
    Coleman: Kennedy
    Rising Star: Mills
    Richmond finals wins: 0
    1st Coach gone: Scott

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Feb 28, 2016.

1. graeme
      graeme

LADDER

1. WEagles
      2. Freo
      3. Hawthorn
      4. Sydney
      5. Dogs
      6. Geelong
      7. Collingwood
      8. North

9. Richmond
      10. GWS
      11. Port
      12. Gold Coast
      13. Adelaide
      14. Melbourne
      15. Brisbane
      16. St Kilda
      17. Essendon
      18. Carlton

Premiers: Hawthorn
      Runner up: Freo
      Brownlow: Fyfe
      Coleman: Buddy
      Rising Star: Mclean

Zero finals wins for Richmond
      Dimma first coach replaced
      • Like Like x 1
    2. RPritch
      RPritch
      I don't think Essendon will come last. Carlton for wooden spoon and Bombers either 16th or 17th. Hawks don't make it 4 in a row and Geelong don't make top 4
    3. walesy
      walesy
      Just can't buy into that. They've lost the top half of their list. Not only that, but they are a bottom 4 team which has lost the top half of it's list.

You take the top half out of Hawthorn, and maybe it's competitive.

You take the top half out of West Coast and they are getting spanked by 100 points.

Don's are gunna be putting up inaugral Suns year numbers.

Carlton aren't that bad.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. RPritch
      RPritch
      Perhaps, we'll just have to wait and see. I simply think for 2016 purposes Essendon's best 22 is better than Carlton's
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Jason
      Jason
      They are on the team that presented in the first half of today's practice match.
      These ex-GWS guys Carlton's have recruited are complete spuds.
      Carlton have rested half a dozen or so, but geez those inclusions would want to be ready for some heavy lifting.
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Malteaser
      Malteaser
      Be it that I am a Pies supporter and I love how you have got them 6th, but I would be happy if we came 8th and just sneak in because we will beat hawthorn (last game) and they will end up coming 5th and we will basically ruin their chances to win 4 in a row so we can save our only record left. :)

I think Richmond have to make top 4 this year. In the praccy matches so far, they have looked really organised and their structure is good. They show confidence in each other. I hope they don't, but you have to call it as you see it, even if I want to thump some of their supporters. (old time ghettos wars are returning).
      North, basically who cares. Sorry to offend the few, but honestly they beat the drums but only cymbals can be heard. They have to make the 8, let alone the top 4. Same pressure on them as the Tigers. Not sure how Tiges lost to North last year, but they did. One of these teams will have a trailer of sheep poo dumped at the door of their social club at the end of this year.
      Geelong will be lucky to make the top 8, I don't think Danger will be able to fix some of the other issues they have. However they have a good draw apparently, but as we all know that can change, depending who out of the eight has a red hot go. I think that the team that could have a red hot go could include Melbourne and Collingwood.
      Melbourne because if they win more than loose in the early part of the year, they could get a good run with confidence and then who knows.
      Collingwood could be anything, but skills under pressure and back line decision making is horrible. Lucky to make top 8 really. Cross fingers Ben Reid, smoky if he stays on the park for fantasy. The intra club game he was huge. How we kicked only 5 behinds in the NAB cup beggars belief. Travis has to play wing now. No longer can he play fwd, misses to often and even after trying new kicking routines over the past 10 years, he still is crap. I just think the coaches have to know this now, we have lost so many matches in the past 2 years because of horrible kicking for goal. He isn't the only one of course but he sets the tempo.
      Dogs have nothing to loose, still young and if I compared them to the pies, their skills are so good and really have a good mix of players. I think they should easily make the top 4 this year.
      West Coast, home advantage top 4
      Fremantle, home advantage top 4. But won't win GF
      Sydney, I think people have mis judged them this year, I can't see why they couldn't make the top 4. They had a horrible year last year, and as an opposition supporter I was fine with this, but I think with a number of key mids coming back from injury and Franklin if switched on and if he has the desire then who knows. It comes down to wanting it. I suppose their backline is questionable and are they to slow on the big grounds now that the game has changed and the defence lock down is now being usurped.
      Adelaide is an interesting team, even if they have lost Danger, I think if M Crouch can get back to good form he is a natural replacement.
      They have a good ruck, good big forwards and their skills aren't to bad, so you would have to say they will make the 8.
      Port, I am still not sure how they were so good, they will really miss the two suspended players, I think they will be lucky to make the 8 to be honest.
      GC and GWS anyones guess.
      Lions are just horrible and keep on talking up their side, and have done each pre season for the past 10+ years.
      St.kilda, getting ready for the following next 3 years, will upset a few but really will get spanked in the backline. I hope Nick does a Richo this year and plays on the wing.
      Carlton and Essendon LOL couldn't be more happy
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Malteaser
      Malteaser
      Carlton & Essendon are just warming up for their H&A match as it will be the only chance they will get to have a win. Actually the Lions will also have a chance also. Imagine if a few Bomber players get reported
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Definitely think that the Swan could make the top 4, specially with the home ground advantage, but after the Western teams, the top end of the ladder feels very close.

Geelong have a stupidly easy draw.
      Dogs are awesome and I really hope they can snag a flag or two with their list. They've done a great job building it.
      Hawks. My tip for the flag. Rekon they will start slow like last year, but come home with a bang (like last year).
      Swans.

4 teams really making a play at those final two 4 spots- and that's not counting Richmond, who you also have in your top 4! :D
    9. Len
      Len
      1. Eagles
      2. Cats
      3. Purple Shits
      4. Hawks
      5. Roos
      6. Swans
      7. Dogs
      8. Giants

9. Tigers
      10. Power
      11. Pies
      12. Crows
      13. Dees
      14. Suns
      15. Saints
      16. Lions
      17. Bombers
      18. Blues

Premiers: Cats
      Runner up: Eagles
      Brownlow: Dangerfield
      Coleman: JC
      Rising Star: Mills
      Richmond finals: 0
      Coach gone: Bolton

I wouldn't be surprised is 5th through to 12 was determined by 4 points and %
    10. walesy
      walesy
      Bit rough on Bolts!! :D

You're right on the 5th through 12th though, bloody tough.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Len
      Len
      Carlton - "Patience is for pussies"
    12. Len
      Len
      To be fair only 3 played this week;
      Lamb was shit, but it wasn't an ideal team to be a small fwd in.
      Whiley turns in a 71pt TOG adjusted score, not awful for an inside mid
      Phillips a 76pt TOG adjusted score is average for a ruck, but hit sto advantage are likely to be low when there is fuckall to hit to.

Last week vs the Hawks;
      Whiley 104 TOG adjusted
      Phillips 66 TOG adjusted, comprehensively beaten
      Jed Lamb 50 TOG adjusted and woeful

Plowman and Sumner yet to play.
      Plowman very likely type beaten to almost death by injury, Sumner probably lucky to be on a list

Richmond got the cream, Townsend will be immense, and reasonably quickly too
    13. RPritch
      RPritch
      Cats premiership! They are getting so hyped, it will be hilarious when they struggle. Of course they may make top 8, but top 4 I doubt and Premiership is really stretching it!
    14. Len
      Len
      Meh, my crystal balls are better than yours :p
    15. walesy
      walesy
      15-16 wins for the Cats is my bet. :D
    16. Jason
      Jason
      Didn't realise they played Carlton and Essendon THAT many times!
      • Like Like x 2
    17. Jason
      Jason
      You don't have to defend them any more Len, they're not your problem now. :cool:
      We managed to on-sell Liam Jones for the draft pick that netted Caleb Daniel though, reckon that's gotta beat whatever trade coup the Giants managed to pull off for their rejects.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Len
      Len
      lol, ours was all about points, so it played a part in us getting Hopper, Kennedy, Himmelberg and Flynn, I'm content with that.
      Whiley was the year before, Pick 7 gave us Ahern who wont play this year due to injury and was almost certainly picked for future trade so could be a while before we see the value.
      Caleb clearly my fav Dog so hard to disagree :)
    19. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      which one of the (B & C) Scott twins are you tipping to go Walesy - I assume Brad if THe cats will be notching 15-16 wins??
      • Like Like x 1