2016 Round Review: Round 23

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Aug 28, 2016.

By walesy on Aug 28, 2016 at 7:27 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

BAM. Down by 20 points in the granny with Gunston stinking it up and making my "Never Again" list.

Stings even harder with the game winning score of Phillips on the bench. Guess that's fantasy football for ya!

Been another fun season though, brutal early, but pretty smooth late in the piece, particularly with the pre-final bye round. Might need to trade harder next year I reckon.

I'd like to thank all the guys who have helped out with the site this year, the ORFF admins and those awesome articles from the kickass guys of TipBetPro. Make sure you get on board with them next year, another successful year for them! :D

Hope to see some banter as the finals roll round, and a bit of Brownlow talk when that gets up!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Aug 28, 2016.

1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      2507 for my lot (my best of the year)

no grand finals unfortunately, but congrats to all of you who managed wins this week !!
      Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Holy truck- the scores didn't count the to-come-on-from-the-bench scores.

My Goldstein to his Gibson!!

[​IMG]
      • Like Like x 2
    3. benny01
      benny01
      2539. going to be my highest overall place. Just a wait to see where I finish
    4. walesy
      walesy
      Wow. Gotta feel for Shemm! Done in by 9 points on the back of a massive 2,683 from the Giant Killers.

Apt name though!!
      • Like Like x 1
    5. walesy
      walesy
      Rank
      (Of 223,371)

Think I'm pretty happy with that. Could have been a lot worst after the byes played out!
      • Like Like x 1
    6. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Rank 719 after a high of 411. Ok ranking overall but disappointed I couldn't maintain top 500. Conservatism with trades after byes left team stagnating I think. Plenty of lessons to learn.
      • Like Like x 3
    7. walesy
      walesy
      And for the last time this year- Stats are up.
      • Like Like x 3
    8. thokash
      thokash
      Ended up 167th with a late season charge courtesy of Cripps & Treloar. Won both cash leagues pocketing a cool $1k, certainly eases the pain of bowing out in the ORFFL last week. Congrats P_L!
      • Like Like x 5
    9. benny01
      benny01
      finished up 72nd with a total score of 52240. Had 1 trade left too.
      • Like Like x 4
    10. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      49806 for a rank of 16587. I came out of the byes at a rank of around 3000 then really stuffed up. Traded hard early but to maintain trades for injuries I got stuck with too much money on the bench (just over $2 million). I couldn't do two up and down trades to convert to two premiums because I kept having to cover injuries. Ran out of trades and had a spud in the backline in r23 but still scored 2298. Amazing how quick you slip just dropping 50 to 100 points a week. A lesson for next year.
    11. Penske file
      Penske file
      I would like to thank all responsible for organising everything to do with this site. My 1st year in TS happily successful. Overall ranking 2154 with 2518 this week, also thanks Div 4 and sorry Michael (Tan Warriors) an interesting match.
      • Like Like x 3
    12. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Well done Penske File! From memory you led almost all year. And Tan Warriors didn't you come from 8th!
    13. walesy
      walesy
      Sorry, just more about that cash league win (Cause I can't stop telling anyone who will listen)

We won this, going into the final game 124 points down and Boyd to come.

When the siren blew, Boyd was sitting on 120 points.

5 ******* points in post-game scaling for the 1 point win!!!

This was after already conceeding defeat mentally midway through the Hawks-Pies games as Gunston sucked and Treloar didn't score a point in the first quarter. (There was only 4 players difference on each team)

Never been more stoked at the result of a fantasy football game! :D
      • Like Like x 3
    14. Samwell
      Samwell
      Feel your pain walesy.
      Had Danger as VC, celebrated before realising the C was on Hannebery and i missed the score.
      In 5 leagues, made 5 granny's and lost all 5 on the back of that call, finishing 842nd Overall.
      Can't wait for brownlow
    15. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Rank 6682 which sounds crap but still my best by a bloody mile.

Won cash league...
      and the ORFFA...
      and the ORFFF.

Golden.
      (with a f$cken big head).

Big cheers to @walesy for your continually awesome site and admin of all things ORFF!
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      No probs - it was fun :). Well done on your win & a very good season.

I suppose asking for a 204 point game from Rocky was a bit too much. (Riewoldt did get 187 though!)
      Stoked to make the GF (after just scraping into 8th) and have a ranking under 10000 (8981), especially when my last trade was used in Round 19 for Zach Merret. (No trades in Rd 18).

Certainly learnt a lot about the art of loopholing a VC score and who to have as the Emergency.

To Walesy & all the other wonderful people who provide this site - many thanks to you all.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

And now for a contentious call - who would you like to see in this years GF?

For me - West Coast vs Adelaide

Regards

Mick
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1