2016 Round Review: Round 5

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 25, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 25, 2016 at 7:33 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Oh Fyfe, you were my captain.

You led me to a 2048 and now you are gone.

Sigh.

How'd the rest of you go?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 25, 2016.

1. walesy
      walesy
      Stats will probably be a little late this evening I'm afraid.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      Very ordinay! 2055!
      *Shakes fist at Fyfe, 2x Martins, Gibbo, Laird*
      Had the C on Danger rather than Fyfe, otherwise it would've been a complete fiasco.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Jason
      Jason
      2214 which looks to be an OK score. Loving the Goldstein-Gawn combo. Fyfe will cost another trade this week.
      • Like Like x 3
    4. Senator96
      Senator96
      Congrats walesy for knocking me off in draft this week mate.

Finished with 2083 and for once missed out on the SC relevant in game injuries of fyfe and suckling, have montagna though. Too many wrong calls with the starting squad continues to bite. Paid the extra coin for stefan martin over gawn and that aint going so good! Two games already in 5 rounds gawn has cost me the match. Watched the tigers v dees game and Houli looks really poor, doesnt want to get a hard ball and no one seems to want to give it to him, picked him over laird thought he was was lucky to get 59 tbh. Dustin Martin seemed to be cruising around in 3rd gear picked him over Hall. Bartel isnt delivering the scores i'd hoped rockliff has been missing or scoring poorly the whole year etc to name a few. Just goes to show you dont always get what you pay for. Hoping to do my first upgrade though this week and might be time to cash in menadue and b.kennedy. Should have got rid of menadue last week instad of papley
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Nice work there @Jason

My boys managed 2143 which might see me drop a little from around 1600th after last week

Time to get a trade plan together to slaughter some cows over the next 5 to 6 weeks and to replace fyfe as well
      • Like Like x 2
    6. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      2202 for me. Up to 34th. Went the double downgrade - jj to Byrne and pap to dbj to free up the cash to go menadue to fyfe this week. Clearly will need a rethink but happy with where I am placed.
      • Like Like x 7
    7. anthak
      anthak
      man, Im still so pissed about forgetting to take the C off Fyfe.

I had the VC on Danger and the C on Fyfe in both trading games and my own team.
      I logged into tg first and made Oliver my Cap, and then I logged out and into my own team... but then I mustve got sidetracked or something, because during the Freo game I noticed it hadn't changed! Cost me 84 points I think

Ended up with 1990... couldn't even crack 2k :(
      Ranking has doubled, from ~7k to about ~14k. damn.
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Just had a look at my ranking history over the first 5 rounds. Very happy with the trajectory!

After a pathetic start in R1, I've managed to halve my ranking every round since:

R1: 62,099
      R2: 30,248
      R3: 16,269
      R4: 7,183
      R5: 3,057
      • Like Like x 13
    9. jp
      jp
      nice one jason, I'm out near 22,000

But 2299 this week help a bit. No fyfe for me, but Houli, benken and dusty were the worst
    10. HörnsySechsZeit
      HörnsySechsZeit
      If trends continue you should hit the top ranking by R17. And then you get into fraction territory which is unheard of in SC. Should be interesting.
      • Like Like x 8
    11. St
      St
      2213 which gets me up to a 240 ranking. Had both Fyfe and Suckling and kicking myself for again falling for the false allure of Dusty. Poor performances by my Essendon inclusions cost me one league match but as a magpie man will take the hit. Heroes were Gawn, Danger, Parker, Shaw and good performances from some of the lesser lights in Kerridge, Wright, Mills and DBJ.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Bah, fantasy is taking forever to get out of lockout and I'm about to catch GoT.

Will see if it's updated once I've finished. Hopefully they haven't gone all public holiday on us. :D
      • Like Like x 3
    13. walesy
      walesy
      Stats are up.

Looks like I broke the league page though, will kick it in the morning though.

This post contains no spoilers.
      • Like Like x 4
    14. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Ok for the round but really kicking myself I used Davis for a loophole to get Mills emergency score on field but in reality I really think I should have been more set on getting Darcy Byrne-Jones or Josh Wagner in as a second trade for the round. I let the loophole get ahead of my trades for guys on the bubble. Almost certainly would have traded Davis to Byrne-Jones if not for getting myself sidetracked with a loophole I could make use of Davis with.

Fyfe went down so need to trade and somehow did not realize I had C on Ablett and VC on Dangerfield when I wanted and thought it was the other way around. So equally frustrated should have done better this round but see the good of an improved score.

The good team structure news for me is Barlow improved and Leuenberger scored ok for second week in a row for a $300K FWD/RUC and his team lost badly.
      Encouraging he can only improve his scoring.
      McGovern stepped it up too when some that started him had been tempted to trade recently.
      Glad I kept all of Rockliff, Barlow and McGovern through the down times.
      Fyfe is the downer but not much can do about that and not alone with that forced injury trade to deal with.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Shagga05
      Shagga05
      Terrible 1,971, drop in ranking of a massive 7,303 to be 11,000+.

Nothing really went right, Kennedy over Kerrige, Fyfe Cap and not taking Goldie 125 with loophole, Houli, S Martin, Dea, Montagna Hammy and I'm and Essendon supporter!

Glad I traded in Bryne-Jones for Lonergan which was my only move that worked this week.

Two trades this week Fyfe to another premo and Dea most likely to Shaw. Should have enough bank left to do another upgrade the week after too, hopefully.
    16. James84
      James84
      1990 this week and a transition to winning leagues, don't think overall is any shot from 20,000 now! Just a frustrating season, have a good squad just haven't had any luck week to week!
      • Like Like x 1
    17. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Had Goldy VC but had to take a risk to try and win a cash league and decided on Fyfe C... Which led to a 2109
    18. littleweed
      littleweed
      2342 Have no fyfe . (C) Goldy
      • Like Like x 6
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Ok, league page is semi-fixed. It's grabbing trades now though. :D