2016 Round Review: Round 6

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 1, 2016.

By walesy on May 1, 2016 at 8:05 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Goldi sucks. Rookies suck. Parker is awesome and I got a 2160, which feels about par I reckon.

Guess we'll see when it opens. How'd you go?

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 1, 2016.

1. Snorkypig
      Snorkypig
      2103 with B.Crouch, Yeo, Rance and R.Gray on the pine. Davis 33 didn't help, was hoping to crack in to the top 1000 but think I'll have to wait another few weeks. Fuming with Priddis
      Last edited: May 1, 2016
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      I managed 2127 and won both leagues. Had Goldy VC and then put captain on Danger which ended up OK
    3. St
      St
      Had a shocker with 2040 so expecting a bit of a drop, Parker, Danger, Shaw, Wells and a welcome return to form for Martin the only highlights, the lowlights too many to mention them all but Goldy, Adams, Weitering, McGovern and Mccarthy the main offenders. Could be worse as was originally going to trade in Priddis for Fyfe but changed to Selwood
    4. Senator96
      Senator96
      Finished 2279 which was my best round of what has been a below par year up until now. Didnt have too many who let me down this week aside from leunberger's 56 who is beginning to outstay his welcome. I would take 80s like the previous couple of weeks but no one wants 50s. Adams, BenKen and Kerridge all returned 60s scores and Montagna was a bit down again too with a 70. Thumbs up barlow, wells, shaw, danger, houli, bartel, rockliff, d.martin and nic nic. Rolled the dice and brought in darcy tucker a week early for a couple of reasons and he scored poorly so hopefully he holds his place and that doesnt turn out to be a costly trade. Byrne-Jones continues to make good money, surprised only a 22% ownership
      • Like Like x 1
    5. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      A disappointing 2145, will fall back a far bit I suspect. Hopefully not too far, poor rookie choices/output. Could have been a lot worse, but could have been better. Happy to have both the Byrnes. Looks like a double trade this week.
    6. RPritch
      RPritch
      2029 here :(
      I'm simply the unluckiest Supercoacher going around.
      Weitering, Goldy, KK, McCarthy and AMT the worse ones. Rance on the pine after trading him in last week. Just can't take a trick atm
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Jason
      Jason
      Brought in Selwood and very happy with the return on investment.
      • Like Like x 3
    8. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      Was set to but forgot to swap bkenn and menadue ready for the trade sat night. Cost me 28 points which is the difference between being 22nd and 40th. Anyway happy to be 40th after a relatively poor round.
      • Like Like x 5
    9. leematty1
      leematty1
      2300 got me into top 500 for the week. Lucky I traded weitering to Simpson 30 seconds before the jump. Won the $2k draft stars so helps get over the disappointment of losing to Carlton
      • Like Like x 6
    10. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      I'll see your 2029 and raise (?) you with a 1954 (from a projection of over 2300). Dropped almost 8000 spots (now in the 16K's) .:(

Had Gawn as Capt, Hartley on the bench instead of AMT, Dea, Wagner & Weitering
      Traded in Ziebell for a 78. Libba, Pridda & Mills score in the 70's.
      M Brown on the bench up forward outscores T Lynch, Kerridge, Lyons & A Hall

I expect some players to have bad days, but a third of the team at the one time?:oops:
      (Vent over - feel a bit better now)

P.S - If anybody wants a hatchet job on a player - let me know and I'll trade them in.:rolleyes:
      P.P.S - Congrats to those who scored well.
      • Like Like x 3
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Bah, can't believe that AFL Fantasy is still in full lockout. C'mon guys!!!
    12. Len
      Len
      Dump 'em, largely irrelevant anyway ;)
      • Like Like x 5
    13. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Looks well above par @walesy.

Managed to just fall over 2000 at 2023. Rather dirty after starting with a 2343 proj. Somehow managed to win 7/10 leagues (commiserations to @Len whom I played in two of them).

So many premos went south incl Priddis, Goldy, Enright, Hall, Zaha...Ugh.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. walesy
      walesy
      Stats are up. :D
      • Like Like x 3
    15. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Slightly above par with 2178.
      However, stuffed up captaincy changing from Parker to Ablett after seeing Gaz warm up on tv and thinking he looked fine.
      Also not a god round for my point of difference types that hoping to be keepers.
      Stringer was well below par, McGovern a poor score and Leunberger even worse.
      Traded Mitch Brown in the only round he scored well so very mixed feelings for the round.

I think I only above par because many teams with Goldstein and Weitering went worse.
      I also missed DBJ the round before getting so it is a strange feeling to rise in rankings last two weeks quite a lot but still be very annoyed my team is not doing the things I want to see to really make inroads further.
    16. RPritch
      RPritch
      You can join me in the 16K's overall then :D

It wasn't my score for the round that frustrated me, rather the 7 issues I've had so far:
      1) (rd1) KK doesn't play and get AMT's 50 off the bench
      2) (rd2) Get Rocky's injured 48 and obviously have him injured
      3) (rd4) Get JJ's injured 97 (would've been 120+) and have him injured
      4) (rd4) Get S.Martin's injured 63 (was highest on ground when he went off) and have him sore
      5) (rd5) Get Fyfe's injured 53 and have him injured
      6) (rd5) Rance came in for JJ and he gets suspended for 2 weeks
      7) (rd6) Get Weitering's injured 23 and not sure how he's feeling now, but I'm pretty sure he's leaving my team now

I'm sure plenty others could name similar or perhaps worse problems, but I think it's an impressive list for just 6 rounds in
    17. Samwell
      Samwell
      2297 this week, missed thegold stein and weitering scores, brought parker and selwood in this week with parker having the C on him. Up to 1200 overall and looking to cull some of the essendon lads
    18. Nick
      Nick
      Second round in a row under 2000, team is in free fall!
      Bringing in Mitchell before Hanners for Fyfe hurt.
      Picked all wrong rookies - fielded Tippa over Hartley, Gresham over Hewett and McGovern over Brown.
      Lost 3 leagues by under 10 points, would've been all wins with correct rookie benchings.

FMSC
    19. Owen
      Owen
      2113 but a long way off the pace, new recruits Selwood and Parker were awesome, older recruits were shit. Time for Dea to go and someone else to make way for Josh Smith - Davis or Menadue maybe. I seem to be smashing through the trades, a lot of injury trades already and we're only past round 6. Time to make some trades plans