2017 Mid-Season auctions thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by dmandrews, May 27, 2017.

1. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Auctins are open but will pause from 2nd June 11pm until the MSD commences on 4th June @ 7pm

Auction rules:
    1. All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time.
    2. All players or picks being auctioned cannot be pulled before that day/time.
    3. No asset being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of the asset has reached it's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale.
    4. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary.
    5. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so.
    6. Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser.
    7. As soon as practical after receiving multiple bids on an asset the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional.
    8. All auctions are final and irreversible unless via subsequent mutually agreed trade.
    9. Once a bid is tabled the bid is live until rejected OR deemed beaten by the person conducting the auction, it cannot be materially altered once tabled.
    10. No bid can be conditional on outcomes not directly related to the auction at hand.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dmandrews

The Cradle Mountain Devils are extremely late to the party but are finally putting a package up for auction:

On offer - 2017 Round 1 MSD pick & 2018 Round 2 PSD pick. As a guide Cradle Mountain are currently sixth on the ORFFA ladder so if the Devils remain in the same position on the ladder at the mid-season break and the end of the 2017 season these picks end up being pick 13 @ the 2017 MSD & pick 31 @ the 2018 PSD.

What do I want in return? An experienced defender or forward.

Auction closes on Wednesday 31st May at 10pm.

3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Does Jake Carlisle meet reserve Dean? He's a forward and a defender so should be worth double currency :p

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

For auction is a 2018 second round PSD pick. It is Gariwerd's and at the moment sits around pick 30.

In return would be seeking a first round MSD pick ... One in the top 6-8 would be around the mark given a first rounder in the MSD is usually weighted as around the worth of a third round PSD pick.

Not bad value for money.

Auction is open until 11.59pm Tuesday night (May 30).

5. dmandrews

Thanks for the post @Bandit but Jake Carlisle does not meet reserve.

Carlisle’s job security in the Saints best 22 and being 25 years old are positives, and being dual position in 2017 also works slightly to his advantage, however to do a deal the player being recruited would need to have a higher output in terms of supercoach scoring.

Whilst Carlisle is a dual position player in 2017 St Kilda’s use of him would have to change dramatically for him to retain forward eligibility in 2018 so mid-term I am considering him as a defender. After Round 10 Carlisle is averaging 64 points per game which ranks behind five Devils defenders, with number 4 and 5 being Spurr (73 points per game) and Gilbert (70 points per game). When injury free Nick Vlastuin would also be a contender for the position as Devils defender 4. I expect Carlisle’s average to increase slightly however the best case scenario if he was recruited to CMD is that he would be one of several players contending for the D4 position. In order to exchange my 2017 Round 1 MSD pick & 2018 Round 2 PSD pick the player being recruited would need to sit higher in the Devils pecking order than Carlisle would.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Chris - I'll bid my 1st round MSD pick which, unless I'm mistaken, will be pick 8.

7. dmandrews

Cradle Mountain are going to continue with the new ball and bowl the third over, ah I mean put the third item up for auction.

On offer: Billy Longer, a ruckman who is averaging 62 points per game. Longer has played the last six AFL games and is the 18th ranked ruckman in the AFL for total supercoach points scored in 2017.

What do I want in return? An experienced forward, experienced defender or a 2018 PSD pick.

The Devils currently have five players eligible to play in the ruck giving them the largest ruck contingent in the ORFFA. Only 36 ruck eligible players including five Devils have played in the AFL during the first 10 rounds and given that some teams are getting a donut in the ruck or fielding an OOP player I think it is very safe to assume that Longer will be more valuable to another ORFFA club than he is to the Devils so I am confident that a trade will be completed for Longer.

Auction closes on Thursday 1st June at 10pm.

8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Misfits bid WHE, a star on the rise.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dmandrews

Thanks for the prompt bid @Len

Definitely happy with the calibre of player you have offered in Will Hoskin-Elliot in exchange for Longer. WHE is a pure forward in 2017, however given that he has predominantly played on the wing this season I expect him to be classified as a pure midfielder in 2018. Ideally I would like to recruit a player I am more confident will retain forward eligibility in 2018, however if it was the only bid I received I would do the deal, so on that basis reserve met.

10. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

:eek:

11. Len

My ruck stocks are remarkably one dimensional )

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Of course there is also every chance WHE could be classified as M/F - making him more valuable. The DT folk seem to think he will get it.
    Just to grab a ruck because you have a hole and ending up with a low scorer/non-player (like Soldo) is a huge risk and, I think you are possibly better off going OPP and being patient. I am talking Warriors here. If the Misfits could pick up English or Preuss, WHE would be a reasonable investment.

13. Len

Almost certain to be M/F. a calculated risk

14. chris88

Hey JC, how are you? Hope you are well.

That bid seems to meet reserve! Auction is rolling till the end of Tuesday.

• Like Like x 3
  15. chris88

We have a winner! Congrats JC.

• Like Like x 2
  16. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well that was easy! :)

Thanks, Chris! A pleasure doing business with you. :thumbsu:

• Like Like x 2
  17. dmandrews

If Len’s bid of Will Hoskin-Elliot is the successful one (which is looking very likely given that it is the only bid so far) it will help me address a weakness in the forward line.Of the three forms of currency I was interested in exchanging for Billy Longer my preference was for a forward given that at present my fifth ranked forward averages less than 65. If WHE was to join the Devils, based on current averages he would be the Devils third ranked forward, having an average of 80.

I expect WHE's primary position in 2018 will be a midfielder, however he has also spent time as a forward, I am hopeful that he spends the required 35% of time as a forward in 2017 to get the M/F designation. I only have seven pure midfielders in 2017 so I have got some scope if a couple of players become pure mids in 2018 which I think current M/F Jack Steele is almost certain to do. I certainly wont be looking to trade in any pure mids or ruckman during either 2017 mid-season or 2018 pre-season.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Wombats are putting a low-key name up for auction:

Lance Franklin, 30, Fwd

My squad is in a position where we are looking more towards the future, so young talent/PSD picks are my preference. Any position will be considered.

Auction closes: Saturday, 11:59pm AEST :)

• Like Like x 7
  19. dmandrews

Auction has concluded with one unsuccessful bid. If anyone is interested in a first round MSD pick, I am open to exchanging MSD pick 13 for a PSD pick. Send me a PM if interested.

20. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Bring on the seagulls!