2017 Round Review: Round 10

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 28, 2017.

By walesy on May 28, 2017 at 7:52 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, I flipped a coin on who to upgrade in the backline. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have been too upset with Marchbank's 70, but Otten's 121 was the thing of legends.

Combine that with Dangers efforts on Thursday and we had the building blocks for a decent score this week.

2231 in the end, not huge, but certainly looks above par.

Heading into the byes this week, so I hope you've all been getting well prepared! :D

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 28, 2017.

1. RPritch
      RPritch
      Had a good week in a so far poor season, hit 2300 for 2nd time this season with 2302, traded out Otten, but did get Dusty in
      • Like Like x 1
    2. anthak
      anthak
      2270 for me, won 7/8 leagues :)
      Seen a fair few scores above 2300 in my leagues. I saw a guy lose with a 2300+ score. but many scores less than 2200 too...
      Last edited: May 28, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      2211 saw me win all three leagues and that was with Otten on the pine - I took him off the field to get Stewart's 91! Just shows that you can't always be too clever. Still am happy with where I am at - ... I think that I am looking good for the byes - but ... the gods of Supercoach will make sure that my heroes miss matches they should play.
    4. Senator96
      Senator96
      2290 in the end wnich is probably only around average by the sounds of it. Cards fell nicely for loopholing scores this week which was a bonus. Could get stewart and hannans scores onto the field together with dangers score as vice. Also ensures they keep their place during the important bye rounds.

Martins score was the main concern as i had him last year during the timeshare with west and the 50s and 60s which resulted from it while i got smashed every week by opponents with gawn. So this year i started with gawn and went back to martin after the injury. Cant win sometimes! Ive left my backline as the last to finish so rapt with ottens score as he and marchbank can become lloyd and hibberd with not much outlay in coming weeks.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. anthak
      anthak
      lockout is done :)
    6. walesy
      walesy
      stats are up
      • Like Like x 3
    7. benny01
      benny01
      2293 which puts me just inside the top 5k overall at 4946. Probably only going to do 1 trade this week but we'll see how the teams unfold.
    8. Mick
      Mick
      2290 for me which was good enough for wins in all 8 leagues + moved me up 220 spots to be sitting #290 overall!

The dream is still alive! haha. Still about 700 points behind #1 which = about 54 points per round from here.

With the trades I'm planning this week I will have 18 players exactly on the park. Very much in the hands of the team selection committees and of course the SC Gods!

Huge round coming up in the overall scheme of things...
      • Like Like x 6
    9. walesy
      walesy
      Huge to have 18 on the park this week! I'm sitting on 15 right now, and I bloody planned to have a full 18+ this week! :D
      • Like Like x 3
    10. anthak
      anthak
      I've tentatively done 3 trades already and it gives me 19 players playing this week. Actually 21 on field without byes, but that includes Eddy and Mitch Hibberd
      Everyone will be crossing fingers come selection time this week!
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Owen
      Owen
      2264 for me and slowly creeping higher on overall, inside top 5000 again now. Somewhat surprisingly I have 19 on field (assuming Sandi is back) - I'll probably not trade this week, then look to bring in Bont next week.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Penske file
      Penske file
      2206 enough to win 7/8 leagues, but not altogether happy with that score. Couple of trades planned this week depending on selections, hoping no nasty little unexpected things injuries etc happen. If all goes to plan should have 19 on field next round.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Senator96
      Senator96
      By trading in this week arent you just moving a zero from one week to another? robbing peter to pay paul type of thing or are you just well covered in the other weeks? I'm looking at a possible 18 this week without a trade but thats assuming everyone you think will play, plays and i doubt its going to unfold like that. Really need sandilands to come back.

Anyone thinking about a sneaky sideways trade to scott selwood? He does have the bye next week but with only 4 side not playing that is quite easily covered. While he keeps laying all those tackles he should continue to score well.
    14. walesy
      walesy
      You can pay Peter back next week with the 3 trades :D
      • Like Like x 1
    15. drlok
      drlok
      How can a season get worse? was slowly inching towards top 5000 with a great bye strategy that should have catapulted me into top 1000 and then Rocky, Sandi and now Kennedy - completely ripped said strategy to pieces now burning trades like Trumps notes from the Russian meetings.
      On top of that lost three games this week by less than 20 points and that's with kennedy and sandi who I couldn't cover because we play games on frickn Thursday's aaaarrrghgghghghghghghgh
      • Like Like x 1
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah, Im pretty well covered the other weeks. Looks like I will need to make at least 2 trades for r13, but that was to be expected, I'll be trading out rookies like Greenwood and Myers. I'm happy to make trades during byes to avoid zeros. Would be ultra disappointing to have less than 18 scores in the total!
      As Walesy said, can pay Peter back quickly :) the trades are there so we may as well use them.
    17. anthak
      anthak
      I was all set to bring in Scott Selwood this week. I reckon he is a great buy and should be well worth the $ as a step ladder up to a premium in a few weeks... but Ive now decided to bring in his older brother Joel instead. Was gonna go Fisher to Scooter, but now pretty set on Steele to Duckwood.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. St
      St
      Both the Selwood brothers look good this week, Mcluggage to Scooter a def, like your idea of Steele to Duck. Was looking at Steele to Wallis week after but maybe a bit sideways. Then again Steele hasn't got close to 130.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Still managed to improve my position this week despite my monumental Danger VC cockup. Gotta take the positives where I can when they've been few and far between this season.

Tentative trades this week:
      Out: Barrett, Williamson, Hannan
      In: Selwood, Perryman, Greenwood
      And still have $400k in the kitty for some premo upgrades next week