2017 Round Review: Round 14

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jun 25, 2017.

By walesy on Jun 25, 2017 at 8:38 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Man oh man, I nearly had a huge week this week, if it wasn't for the Fyfe shaped donut leaving me with a 2306.

No bad at all.

Loved Greenwood coming in for the again-missing Steele. And Danger coming out from his injury cloud to put up a 145 was just delightful.

How'd you all do?

?

How many trades does your SC side have left after Rd 14 ??

Poll closed Jun 29, 2017.
  1. 1 or 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. 5

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  6. 7

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. 8

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  8. 9

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. 10

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  10. 11

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  11. 12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 14

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  14. 15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 16 or 17

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  16. 18 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jun 25, 2017.

1. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Tom Lynch you are done!

Should've traded him during the bye rounds. Totally useless.

Only 2122 thanks to Lynch, Beams and Fyfe.
    2. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      2187 with a win in my cash league and Selwood and Lynch Fyfe and Kennedy to cope with. So happy enough
    3. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      You must have had an outstanding round chief @walesy - I had the exact same score.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. anthak
      anthak
      2374 for me. Pretty happy with that. Won 8/8 league games.
      Could've been a little better, if I had've known Scooter was playing earlier, I would've had him onfield instead of Nank, but that's no biggie really. Nank, Laird and Mark Murphy were my only scores under 80, but I only had 4 scores 120+, including Danger as cap and Greenwood loopholed on.

Murphy is worrying me a little, his form has dropped off. Thankfully, if that's my main worry, it's all not so bad atm

Edit: there is Fyfe in my team to worry about too!
      • Like Like x 8
    5. Owen
      Owen
      You're up to 32 Anthak!
      • Like Like x 11
    6. anthak
      anthak
      Nice one! Thanks for the heads up :)

Still a long way to go!
      • Like Like x 3
    7. Owen
      Owen
      Living vicariously through your supercoach team. You can do it!
      • Like Like x 2
    8. bosco
      bosco
      Yep. Nice 1 Anthak. My team managed to miss duckwood and beams bullets also. Got stung with josh kelly out and copped barrett 32 but otherwise can't really complain. Overall 2379 and managed to move up to 93 overall so pretty happy.
      • Like Like x 7
    9. anthak
      anthak
      Good one Bosco!
      That's an awesome score with Barrett's included.
      Hopefully we can keep it up (and dodge more of those bullets!)

I see @Mick had a good round too
      • Like Like x 2
    10. choppers
      choppers
      2383 for me, with Selwood's 3 not helping at all. overall up to 2989 from 14000+ at Rd10.
      • Like Like x 3
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks mate!
      Also, well done on those dubs! I thought of you whilst watching some of the finals' games this year. Will there ever be a better team? (Will the league ever allow it again)
      • Like Like x 1
    12. anthak
      anthak
      2383 with a 3! Well done choppers, you must have a good lineup
    13. Owen
      Owen
      Was just a lucky set of circumstances with Curry massively under valued for his contract, salary cap increasing and KD being a free agent all at the same time. We will be paying luxury tax when curry gets the max this year, but yeah, I can see us forming a dynasty!
      • Like Like x 1
    14. choppers
      choppers
      I'm getting there but I'm not sitting at 32 like your team. That's a great effort.:thumbsu:
      • Like Like x 1
    15. walesy
      walesy
      haha, the only way to play out the second half of the year once you're out of the hunt :D
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      2207 for me but could have been better if I had paid attention. Was away and using my phone which for me is too small. I thought I had danger captain but it was pendles. Still moved up another 450 places but way off anything great. I am in the top 7% which is where I was last year. Was watching you in one of my leagues Anthak - your on the money - keep it up
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Len
      Len
      2328, happy enough
      • Like Like x 2
    18. anthak
      anthak
      Due to the cap spike, Durant could've picked pretty much any team to go to, whereas usually there's only a couple of teams with enough space. I think the league would be regretting creating that opportunity for the Dubs, cause they're so good.

I wonder if something similar might happen next year in the AFL. I half expect one team will land a few big FAs this offseason with the extra room in the cap. However the extra cap room will also help clubs match offers on restricted FAs, and most of the big names are restricted.
      • Like Like x 2
    19. RPritch
      RPritch
      Dismal weekend from a SC point of view. 2078 with Selwood 3, Beams 12, Barrett 32, Zorko 51, Nank 62, Laird 72, Sloane 80 and Buddy 83 the reasons for the poor score. Danger cap, Dusty, Docherty, Stefan, Greene and Greenwood all hit 120+ but were let down by others. Happy with the weekend though, as both Richmond and the team I play for both won important games
      • Like Like x 1