2017 Round Review: Round 5

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 25, 2017.

By walesy on Apr 25, 2017 at 7:37 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Ok, so 2200 - 2300 seems to be about par this week. Not bad considering the carnage we've seen at the rookie level.

Stats will probably be late this evening as I won't get much of a chance to get on for the next few.

How have we all gone?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 25, 2017.

1. pacman81
      pacman81
      Notched up 2290 which I should be pleased with but still annoyed with Swallow, Adams, WHE and of course my latest recruit Yeo - I really should have known better. Loophole to Williamson went well though, so at least one trade paid out.

... so snuck up to 302 in the rankings this week and looking like this week will be WHE+Swallow+113k => Gun + Rookie then go again next week.
      Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
      • Like Like x 6
    2. insider
      insider
      2120. Worse than round 1, 2 and 3... fml
    3. anthak
      anthak
      2154 for me.
      Of course I'm still pissed off and disappointed that I stuffed up the loophole that left me 33 points worse off. Had it planned out ok, but didn't execute it :(

I'm happy with some of my pods like Tuohy, Beams & Titch, but a lot of my team didn't go so well, like Pendles, TAdams, Roughie, Swallow & MMurphy.

I think 2154 is going to see me drop back quite a lot unfortunately. It's very close between a lot of teams and many have scored 2200+... Now anxiously awaiting lockout to finish to see what's happened ;)
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Well, lockout is over now. Must've happened whilst I was writing that comment.

I've dropped about 700 spots and am just outside the top 1000 now. Damn, triple figures looked so much better haha
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Ok ok I'm gonna drop it and get over it now, but just before I do, I couldn't help but check what difference it would've made if I hadn't have had a brain fade and missed (by about a minute!) putting Newman on field to count Hampton's score... 33 points more would've seen me ranked 699th instead of 1001st.

That's more than 300 positions. Goes to show how close it all is at present.

Anyways, hopefully onwards and upwards to all TS folk from here :)
      • Like Like x 7
    6. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      2023 for me - I am going backward despite making what I thought were good trades. I don't no why I have Collingwood players in my team but Pendlebury, Adams and Hosking Elliott really disappointed as did Murphy at Carlton and my new West Coast Yeo. On paper it all looks good but in practice it is crap.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. anthak
      anthak
      Looking through the leagues, looks like our best is YahooTS at 107. Well done to those in that league.
    8. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      its our 7th year and we have been between #60 and high 100's from memory in our first 6 years with teams in seasons 4 and 5 in the top 10 overall

we would easily be in the top 100 this year if yours truly wasn't stinking it up with a team about 600 points off the 6,000 ranking mark where I would would definitely like to be around now
      • Like Like x 3
    9. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Bloody hard work at the moment to pump out a good score.
      2223 for me which is ok bad but not great. Buddy, WHE, pendles, grundy, SPP main offenders.
      I must thank horse though for dropping Newman as I was going to trade in yeo. Bullet dodged. Instead trade smith from Melb to Williamson and used loophole to get his score. Only trade I made, so after 5 rounds have used 4 trades and ranked 24th overall.
      Looking at butler and WHE out this week and to bring in J Cameron and Black.
      Let the upgrades begin!!!
      • Like Like x 10
    10. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      2181 which I'm happy enough with considering my very ordinary start. Still can't get the right rookies on the paddock, despite only having 3 active on the bench this round. Trying not to rage trade Parker and can see I'm going to have to find more playing rookies if a couple dont come back this week. Very little future mooing to be had otherwise.
    11. Mick
      Mick
      2322 moved me up to 571 overall. Very happy with that considering I had Swallow, WHE, Butler and Stewart all on the ground.

Will be looking at keeping my foot on the pedal and upgrading my last midfield spot this week. Still annoyed that I flipped a coin and chose the Bont over Sloane a few weeks ago + my decision to "play safe" and start with O'Meara over Oliver. Could've been right up at the pointy end already. That said, I'm only about 350 behind the leaders so the $50k dream is still within the realms of possibility...
      • Like Like x 7
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Ok, stats are up and also the ORFF* rising star is fixed.

gg folks
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Senator96
      Senator96
      2314 this week and upward movement to 1238. Like everyone always think about what could have been with the odd wrong 50/50 call costing big time. Interesting to read the posts mentioning upgrades i was thinking the same thing, is this the week to trade out the odd cow like butler and pepper peanut before they have have fully mooed?

Can anyone please tell me what the story is with marc murphy? I got torched last year the week after i brought him in and the ankle injury that i was conned into holding as was initially a 3 week injury that stetched out to the bye rounds, then beyond the bye rounds then the entire damn season! I joked last week when i brought him in i might get a week or two out of him should have known better but some media reports like afl site say he should be playing this week, other one has him out for 2 months and the SC one says 4 weeks!

Any standout rookies on the radar this week? Fisher springs to mind but not sure who else.

Apologies to any fans but buckley is an even worse coach than michael voss, surely
      • Like Like x 1
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      2 gamers who played Round 5 - O'Brien, Spencer, S Frost, Hardwick, Fisher
      1 gamers who played Round 5 - JKH, EVW, McNiece, Melican, A Johnson, A Black

2 gamers back soon - Parsons (Rd7), Balic (tba)
      3 gamers still under $210k - Williamson, Fox, Newman

I think most teams should be going one or more of Hardwick/Fisher/Williamson/Fox(if recalled) this week and be already planning to double down for Round 7
      • Like Like x 6
    15. Penske file
      Penske file
      2131 Not very good the likes of JPK Pendles Murphy and of course poor old Roughie. The rookie pot is looking pretty sparse have to wait on selections this week and decide. Well done all the winners!
    16. Owen
      Owen
      You've also got Polson who played his first game for the blues, didn't set the world on fire though.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. pacman81
      pacman81
      Aaron Black off one game? Maybe Balic if he's back? Not confident on JS for Hardwick.
    18. Senator96
      Senator96
      I saw he got the ton black but i will be waiting a week. Parsons one more week of suspension and are they both vying for the same spot? That also allows butler another week of cash generation.
      • Like Like x 2
    19. bunza52
      bunza52
      2,154 after a 1,982 last week. Only change this week was Ottens on the field for Newman. 5 rookies and JOM on the pine not generating any cash, it not great either. No idea what ill do trade wise this week....