2018 Round Review: Round 1

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 25, 2018.

By walesy on Mar 25, 2018 at 7:15 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Supercoach is back! And with it, the highs and lows.

For me, I dodged a lot of bullets. Dodged Ryder, Krueze, Rockliff, Zorko, Adams

Of course, I couldn't dodge them all, and got nailed with Liber.

Meanwhile, made a lot of hits with Laird, Dusty, Titch, Coniglio, Billings, Gawn and Sicily.

A couple of the big ones I missed were Simpson, Cripps, Bonner, Greene, Shaw

Also, my bench selection was WOEFUL, with Naughton, Barry and Fogerty on the field and Doedee, Finlayson, Holman and Kelly sitting on the bench.

At least I won't have to trade those guys in those.

All in all, I'm looking at about a 2200 so far, which is a decent start considering.

Have left a good 300 points on the bench though with poor bench choice already though! which STINGS!!

Gunna be some big 2500 scores around I reckon!

How'd you all go first week back?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 25, 2018.

1. JC
      JC
      Some good, some bad for me as well. Had Sicily for a lot of the preseason but he didn't make my final cut - :poop:. And I left Coniglio out in the end as well - double :poop:. And similar issues with rookie points on the bench, though I did have Kelly on field at least. I'm guessing I'll be a fair way back to start the season. Lucky it's marathon and not a sprint. :)
      • Like Like x 1
    2. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      2261 with Heeney to come. Going to be some huge scores this round. Finlayson and Holman on the bench - oh well!
      • Like Like x 1
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      2056 with Heeney to play another half in the late game. Thankfully Round 2 will be here very quickly.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Lots of popular players scoring well in round 1. And LTIs to popular players too.
      Gonna be some huge scores, and gonna be some unlucky low scores.

I think I’m on 2208 with Heeney to come.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Senator96
      Senator96
      For those like me who hate reality tv this sunday night footy is great!
      • Like Like x 4
    6. Hells Angel
      Hells Angel
      I just scraped 2100 with rookies on the pine costing me a bunch, but all those out there with buddy can send me a fiver because I un-captained him 5 mins before the game. Three scores below 30.....
      • Like Like x 1
    7. anthak
      anthak
      Think I miscalculated this. I dunno what I’m on. Will wait and see how it comes out in the wash... not long to wait now
    8. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Having Buddy makes up for no TMitch with a respectable 2382.
      Coulda been 100 more with Holman and Doedee on bench.
      Feels around par in a high scoring round.
      Some huge ruck carnage out there.
      Gotta feel for Libba.
    9. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Final scores are now up, i am currently checking my leagues to guage a par score.

Edit - it appears that 2220ish is about the half way point, with the top 25% point around 2335ish. Meanwhile i ended up sub 2100.

Well done to those of you who started with a 2400 plus !
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    10. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      2393 to start the season. Been a few years since I had a good round 1.

Downgrading Danger to Parker worked out well.
      • Like Like x 3
    11. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      2366 I think. Good but I don't think it will be close to top scores. Expecting 2600s
    12. anthak
      anthak
      Was correct afterall.
      Finished on 2313. Maybe about par I guess, maybe just under. There will be a lot of scores better than that! But I’m happy

But it’s only round 1. How we’re doing after round 2 is more important
    13. benny01
      benny01
      Sorry guys he could only manage 8
      • Like Like x 8
    14. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      2403 after scaling.
      It only goes backwards for me from here.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. walesy
      walesy
      2243 is the final washup. only 4 scores on the field between 60 and 100.

Fair to say, it was up and down!
    16. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Yanno, you carefully select your prems and your rooks and you spend the season carefully fattening the latter to upgrade to more prems. If you score 2600 in Round 1, what is there left to live for?
      • Like Like x 5
    17. Owen
      Owen
      2396 so happy, would have been happier with Tim Kelly and Doedeoo on the ground getting me to 2517 though.
    18. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      2366 with huge points on the pine and naughton/banfield stinking it up on field. Only real disappointments were selecting fyfe over neale, heeney over buddy, and hibberd over simpson...but they will all have there good weeks and bad...and all 3 will make there way in over the course of the season.
    19. Owen
      Owen
      Lockout is over, and the website has had a major overhaul from at least the past two years. Can no longer copy and paste.