2019 Round 5 Review

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Cpt Pugwash, Apr 22, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on Apr 22, 2019 at 9:03 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

Please ‘o’ Please Mr Cripps, kick the god damn ball.

Hore sucker punched us two weeks in a row and JS in a crap Melb team firming up.

A couple of late changes, did you get caught napping?

How are your teams stats this week and the big question is? WHO ARE GOING TO TRADE In & Out?

2153pts is below par I’d expect!
    9730452E-A2FA-4C8E-92F4-6F6B53E52346.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Cpt Pugwash, Apr 22, 2019.

• Tags:
    1. RPritch
      RPritch
      Seems a safe bet that he'll go 100+ average, not sure about top 10 mid although is just dominating games to be honest. Can't see him getting tagged because Hawks aren't actually getting wins. Like the trade
    2. ike2112
      ike2112
      Do you all think it's better to upgrade ASAP if you can, or let the rookies top out?
      I used to always be cautious, but this year I was in top 1000 briefly so I started trading to try upgrade.

I think I have more keepers than usual at this point. But scoring under 2100 this week shows it hasn't really helped.

Lloyd / Whitfield, possibly Smith - def keepers
      Newman?
      Macrae, Cripps, Treloar, Libba, Rocky.
      Maybe even Walsh!
      Grundy.
      Danger, Daniel and Worpel look like being top 6 or 7 at least. If Marshall gets back to scoring 100s then I could be sitting nice after bringing in either Sicily, Rich or Heeney this week and Fyfe next week. That would take me down to 22 trades though. Bit risky but I'd have only 5 or 6 slots to fill with keepers.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah it’s a balancing act. I think it’s better to go early if you can bring in a premium, but not too early. If you go too early, it will get more and more difficult for you as the season progresses, but it’s fine to go a week or two early.no point holding out for an extra $5k of growth if you can upgrade and get the premium points going sooner.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Nick
      Nick
      Thanks for the analysis....handy.

However with Hately and Hayes looking to be must have double downgrades next week at this stage, maybe it's best to leave the midfield cows to fatten for another week and grab a rare forward rookie in Baker?
      Lockhart another option but his JS and scoring potential doesn't fill me with confidence.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. stripey
      stripey
      Yeah I actually really like the look of Baker.. his pressure acts are high so I think he'll keep his spot for a while yet - that said Tigers are not short on pressure forwards!!
      https://www.afl.com.au/stats/stats-pro#/Discover/CD_I1000223/Baker-Liam

and yes to me also at this stage Hately looks like the must have....
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Had an absolute mare, anyone else oblivious to the fact there was a game on Friday night?!! Meant I missed Bines to ROB who looks to be a great cash cow and also stuck with Grundy VC score as Bines was C! Luckily the former didn't hurt me as I would have went Cripps C and my opponent did just that. Time will tell if the extra trade or the ROB cash would have helped me more.

Similar decisions as most this week, will likely trade Burgess to Lockhart and Parker to Baker, the $160k price tag the only thing I'm unsure about. So no Stack or Ross but will look to Hately next week in a down/Up move or possibly Hately and Hayes in a double down.

Would have liked Ross particularly with the Cotch news but mid rooks still have a bit of mooing to do.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Senator96
      Senator96
      There are some interesting strategies and I'm also torn on what my next move should be this week, and next.

Had 2197 last week which wasn't great but enough for a move to around 3500ish. Cousins score hurt especially with gibbons on the bench with 100 odd. I think he'll pay the price this week in my team if not the hawks one. I missed stack and hore so will probably go cousins to ross this week which nets a decent amount of cash. I don't need to play him on the field. Very tempted to grab baker as well...just one more good score tonight will probably make it pay off. One problem with that is parker to baker only makes about 50 odd grand, you want your trades to making more coin than that. Other problem with that move is hately and hayes await next week in possibly another double downgrade which makes in back to back weeks. Great for the cash stocks but then you lose ground on other teams who start their upgrades this week...tough calls
      • Like Like x 1
    8. ike2112
      ike2112
      Strongly considering bringing in Hately this week.
      I could bring in Sicily and Hately this week, then Hayes and either Kelly or Heeney (or Fyfe) next week. If I don't jump early, I can't get to both premos.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Senator96
      Senator96
      I say jump. No guts no glory!
      • Like Like x 1
    10. TheTassieHawk
    11. TheTassieHawk
    12. stripey
      stripey
      Sooo.... have you met captain Bines
      • Like Like x 3
    13. Senator96
      Senator96
      Anyone put the V on Gawn? Good scores for Ross and baker. Hore keeps delivering
      • Like Like x 3
    14. Senator96
      Senator96
      I haven’t, I brought in O’Brien last week. Setterfield come on down!
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Your not fooling me for a 3rd week Hore!

On field ✔️

Welcome to my team Mr Baker.
      • Like Like x 3
    16. TheTassieHawk
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Yes VC on Gawn here, but at this stage my only non-playing player could be Wagner who is already locked and on the bench... will need someone to get dropped at selection to open up a loophole option. Maybe Constable will get a second week to recover from whatever kept him out last week...

EDIT: welcome to the captaincy Bailey Scott!
      Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
    18. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Darcy Fort named on extended bench!
      He better not play as he's my captain with Grundy on the bench for the loophole.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Penske file
      Penske file
      Damn Hately, recalibrating, mmm maybe next week.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. stripey
      stripey
      Yes Ross & Baker looking much better now.. shame they’ve played already