2019 ORFFW is happening !!

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Dec 2, 2018.

By TheTassieHawk on Dec 2, 2018 at 11:41 AM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The 2019 AFLW regular season is set to commence on 2nd February and concludes in Mid March.

During 2018 we have had an AFLW discussion thread http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2018-aflw-discussion.90069/ and eventually decided to hold an AFLW all stars match with teams chosen by @Bandit, @That KI Guy, @Len, @dmandrews, @anthak and yours truly.

The natural progression is to establish one or more AFLW fantasy football leagues in 2019 with the considerable bonus of nil overlap with the 2019 seasons for AFL Supercoach and other annual fantasy AFL comps.

I have discussed with @walesy the mechanics of getting http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php and http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.php support as well as potentially having match scoring linked to weekly website uploads rather than manual spreadsheet based alternatives (either in 2019 or future years).

Please note that http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/afl-womens-comp-details-discussion-thread.90306/ has been set up as a separate thread to look at some of the key fixture, league format decisions and scoring system deliberations that need to be made in the next 4-6 weeks so that this thread can remain uncluttered.

For those of you who missed out this season please let us know now or later on if you are interested in joining up in 2020.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Dec 2, 2018.

1. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah count me in.
      Not fussed either way on keeper or annual redraft.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. dmandrews
      dmandrews
      I'm in and would prefer a keeper league.

Thanks TTH
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Len
      Len
      I completely missed the detail in the OP, I stopped at the bolded bit :)
      I'd prefer a keeper league, but where a much lower % is kept than in most current leagues, somewhere around 50%, especially for the next few "expansion" years (EDIT BY TTH @Len I tend to agree and have covered this on the other thread linked above and below)
      • Like Like x 1
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 1
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Yes, I’m keen to have a team
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Jason
      Jason
      Sounds interesting, would like to have a go at this.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. FreoDockers
      FreoDockers
      Count me in if there's still room! And an annual redraft for me! Cheers
      • Like Like x 3
    8. Len
      Len
      My squad will be The Bathurst Belles
      • Like Like x 1
    9. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Love ur work @TheTassieHawk

The KI squad will be known as the
      Vivonne Bay Valkeries
      • Like Like x 1
    10. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      A fierce local rivalry could be in order @Len as I have just decided that my team will be the Manildra Mystix, about 110km up the Mitchell Highway.

Round 4 is now circled in red ink.

@That KI Guy The Mystix look forward to welcoming your club to our home turf in the final H&A match of 2019.
      • Like Like x 3
    11. FreoDockers
      FreoDockers
      Alrighty - my team name will be the Katanning Krushers. Representing the great state of WA
      • Like Like x 3
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Representing the central highlands of Tasmania will be my team, the Lake Fanny Falcons.

• Like Like x 1
    13. dmandrews
      dmandrews
      My plan had been for my Too Serious AFLW team to be a sister team to my ORFFA team and be called the Lake St Clair Devils which can be abbreviated to LSC Devils, however let me know if anyone has an issue with two TS AFLW teams based in Tasmania having Lake in their name and I’ll have a rethink.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. anthak
      anthak
      I can’t see any issues with naming it whatever you want.

As long as it’s not racist etc
      Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    15. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Does your team have a name yet @anthak ??
    16. Jason
      Jason
      As an aside (more a question for @walesy) - when you tag lots of people in a post, does it actually work (do they all get a notification of your tag)?

I wondered if there might be a cap on the number of tag notifications that can be generated from a single post. I know that I got a notification from the post above, but was this just because I was second on the list (i.e. before any cap kicked in on the number of notifications)? Just wondering if everyone else would have gotten a tag notification is all.
    17. choppers
      choppers
      I think you'll find each individual needs to tick the necessary box in their Personal Preferences in order to receive notification of tags/alerts/pm's etc.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. anthak
      anthak
      FWIW, I don’t get any notifications from tags
    19. anthak
      anthak
      Not yet :(
      We’ve hired team staff such as trainers, boot studder, medicine person etc.

We’re all wandering around trying to find a suitable place to call home for all the new draftees.

Hopefully we’ll come across something soon.