2021 ORFFF Rep Footy - Team East

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Aug 12, 2021.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@ViQBoZ, @stowie, @thokash, @tyze1, @Len, @Dale Duivesteyn , @Darran

The 2021 All-Stars Match is to be played at Jan Juc during Round 23, each team will have at least 1 representative in the final 22 (named in the classic Super coach format except with no C/VC and with an emergency on each line, ie 26 players total).

My suggestion is that each coach nominates players from their own side by no later than 8pm on Monday 16th August so that we can decide on a draft side by Wednesday/Thursday 19th and then make adjustments following Round 23 AFL selections being finalised.

Based on a quick review the nominations cutoff should be around a 90 average for Forwards and Defence and about a 100 average for Mids and Rucks. If your team is super bad just nominate your best player.

The final team is to be posted in the the 2021 Rep Footy match thread http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2021-orfff-rep-game-v.90991/ no later than 1pm on Friday 20th August.

Post away.

2. TheTassieHawk

Here was the lineup 2 years ago

The 29ers nominees for 2021 are the Bont (season average 123) and defender Blake Hardwick (average 91)

3. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Wow, it's nice to have come from a position in 2016 where P.Cripps was our only selection, and our next best option was Craig Bird.....

Def: Laird (115) Short (96) Ridley (99) Saad (85)
    Mid: Petracca (112) McCluggage (101) Kelly (104)
    Ruc: Darcy (119)
    Fwd: Hind (91) Sidbottom (88) Heeney (80)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

Macquarie Island nominate

Def: Tom Doedee (88) James Harmes (89)
    Mid: Ben Keays (98)
    Ruc: Nic Naitanui (112), Tom Hickey (102)
    Fwd: Dayne Zorko (109), Aaron Hall (102)

• Like Like x 1
  5. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Oh nice, I missed having this last year. I'll take this as my opportunity to take down the Woylies and all their Allies in the West!

Jan Juc nominations:

DEF: Crisp (104) and Lever (90) if we need some depth
    MID: Boak (105) and the surprise packet Fiorini (101) who has last 3 ave of 124
    RUC: Grundy (118) - East are gonna have an awesome ruck line shame we can't fit them all in
    FWD: Hawkins (93) and Tom McDonald (90) all I have to offer here

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

@stowie, @tyze1, @Len, @Dale Duivesteyn

We are 50% of the way there with player nominations and would love to see you guys add yours when convenient over the weekend

(as above) Based on a quick review the nominations cutoff should be around a 90 average for Forwards and Defence and about a 100 average for Mids and Rucks. If your team is super bad please just nominate your best player.

7. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

So I assume after the weekends stunning performance by the Glow Worms we'll just go with their starting 15 & slot one player from each of the other teams in around them :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. thokash

If the bye is going we might have quite a few "rested" this weekend which will be an interesting spanner.

I know I was already knocked out but my team would have actually scored 1601 this week which is crazy in itself. Aliir might be a bit frustrated I didn't nominate him for the rep game!

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheTassieHawk

Okey dokey

based on the current nominations the lineup sorted by 2021 average is as follows

Def - Laird, Crisp, Ridley, Short, Hardwick, Lever
    (Doedeee, Harmes, Saad)
    Mid - Bont, Petracca, Kelly, Boak, Fiorini, McLuggagee, Keays, M8
    (M9 Emergency required)
    Fwd - Zorko, Hall, Hawkins, Hind, T McDonald, Sidebottom
    (JDG - 29ers added, Heeney)
    Ruck - Darcy, Grundy
    (Nic Nat)

@thokash, if you have 10-15 minutes do you mind running through the remaining 4 sides Drouin @stowie, Rutherglen @tyze1, Cockburn @Len and Nangkita @Dale Duivesteyn and nominating each of their relevant players ?

Ideally we want 35-40 players listed and can then discuss a best 22 prior to Thursday teams.

10. thokash

Yeah sure thing, had a quick glance at all the teams certainly a lot of injuries amongst them unfortunately! Here's a couple of nominations from each:

Drouin:
    Andy Brayshaw (MID - 103) - after missing the derby suspended will want to come out firing for the East v West
    Shai Bolton (F/M - 90) - could be the matchwinner we need
    Zac Bailey (F/M - 84) - Brisbane have the easy beats in the Eagles and could bring pain to the West in more ways than one

Rutherglen:
    Christian Salem (DEF - 101) - just the player we need to feed the ball out of defense
    Jack Macrae (MID - 127) - we need him for 30+ disposals to include in our multi
    Darcy Parish (MID - 121) - biggest improver in the competition and will deserve his first run for the East
    Jy Simpkin (MID - 98) - could be handy MID depth

Cockburn:
    Callum Mills (DEF - 113) - will give him until the very last minute to prove his fitness just like 2 weeks ago when he cost me a SC final
    Jack Steele (MID - 124) - one of the most in form players in the 2nd half and could even be considered captain material
    Sam Taylor (DEF - 87) - a real young gun KPF if we need more height in defense

Nangkita:
    Jarryd Lyons (MID - 119) - Mr Consistent will need a run for the East
    Rowan Marshall (R/F - 97) - playing 2 rucks means we can send Marshall forward for a mismatch
    Jacob Hopper & Jaegar O'Meara (MID - 96) - 2 solid backups, can never have enough midfielders

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheTassieHawk

thanks @thokash - based on all of the nominations plus Danger as an additional MCG nominee the 39 player squad sorted by 2021 average is as follows

Def - Laird MCG, MILLS CBA, Crisp JJD, Ridley MCG, Short MCG, SALEM RGF
    (Hardwick 29ers, Lever JJD, TAYLOR CBA, Doedeee MIW, Harmes MIW)
    Mid - MACRAE RGF, STEELE CBA, Bont 29ers, LYONS NKB, PARISH RGF, Petracca MCG, BRAYSHAW DDB, Kelly MCG
    (Boak JJD, Fiorini JJD, McLuggage MCG, Keays MIW, SIMPKIN RGF)
    Fwd - DANGER MCG, Zorko MIW, Hall MIW, MARSHALL NKB, Hawkins JJD, Hind MCG
    (T McDonald JJD, Sidebottom MCG, JDG 29ers, BAILEY DDB, BOLTON DDB)
    Ruck - Darcy MCG, Grundy JJD
    (Nic Nat MIW, Hickey MIW)

Team reps in the "best 22" as follows
    MCG - 8
    CBA - 2
    JJD - 3
    RGF - 3
    29ers - 1
    NKB - 2
    DDB - 1
    MIW - 2

There are definitely arguments in favour of the likes of JDG and Fiorini as potential inclusions at F6 and M8 if we weight recent form and there could be some value in looking at Round 23 opposition for the D5-8, M6-10 and F5-8 picks if someone has the time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thokash

Yeah I like the starting lineup you have there I think. I assume we aren't going to bother with loopholes and the like?

Those 6 defenders look pretty set, not sure who to pick from the emergencies to cover Mills though.

That midfield seems awesome not sure if there is room for Fiorini even given his current form.

I do like JDG, maybe he can come in to replace Hawkins who might not get a good look in against the Demons.

Feels like I'm arguing against my own players a lot for some reason, but maybe NicNat over Grundy just based on recent form? Kinda crazy we are going to have a 110+ average on the bench here.

Here's the AFL fixture by the way:

Friday August 20

Western Bulldogs v Port Adelaide, Marvel Stadium (7:50pm)

Saturday August 21

Richmond v Hawthorn, MCG (1.35pm)

Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns, Marvel Stadium (1.45pm)

Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles, Gabba (4.35pm)

Geelong Cats v Melbourne, GMHBA Stadium (7.25pm)

Carlton v GWS Giants, Marvel Stadium (7.40pm)

Sunday August 22

St Kilda v Fremantle, Blundstone Arena, (12.15pm)

Essendon v Collingwood, MCG (3.20pm)

Adelaide Crows v North Melbourne, Adelaide Oval (4.40pm)

13. TheTassieHawk

I think our intention is no loopholing, set and forget as at the Friday night game starting, emergencies there in case of an unfortunate late withdrawal.

14. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

Team is looking great!

I agree it would be great to get Fiorini in, but I can't see how that is viable, so I guess he will have to be our Mid emergency. I'm not sure we could pick against Grundy, he has been too good for too long so I think the Darcy/Grundy combo is our best option (I can argue against my players too @thokash)

Would be good to get in JDG though, either Hind or Hawkins would be the most likely candidates to move to the bench I think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thokash

I believe we are good on the selection front, Mills is named and no surprise outs!

• Like Like x 2
  16. TheTassieHawk

17. thokash

Nic Nat must have been FURIOUS

• Like Like x 2
  18. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Darcy has been named in the final team