Player Movement Thread

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by Len, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Out: James Harmes
    In: Tom Atkins

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Out: Harry Schoenberg
    In: Tom Barrass

• Like Like x 2
  3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Out: L. Bramble
    In: M. Andrew

• Like Like x 1
  4. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Out: Tilthorpe
    In: Finlayson

Time I had a playing ruck!

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

[
    You only get to dump then once without picking them up again :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. stripey

:po_O Ok Tom McDonald then… sorry about that.

Turns out Ladhams has decided to put his hand up for selection meaning I now have ruck selection dilemmas

I only have 23 in my team so not sure who I did end up removing the first time around

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Len

We all have 23 :)
    It will be 20 next year, the extra 3 were covid assist package and temporary only

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Out: Tom Doedee, Ben Ainsworth
    In: Rhys Mathieson, David Swallow

9. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Don't think that's allowed........and if it is.......it shouldn't be...

Player movement;
    All trades, waivers and free agent access will be via this thread http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/tsaddicts-player-movement-thread.89346/
    No player movement during a round.
    No free agent access from the start of the last round until the PSD

10. Len

The intent was for it to be the last round a team plays, so if still in the race to win exchanging is ok, if not don't dip.
    I'll amend the rules to be clearer for next year, apologies but I've been very distracted for the last couple of years and am hoping for a cleaner slate next year!

11. choppers

Thanks for explaining that @Len.....and sorry you haven't been able to spend as much time on this as you would like.....BUT
    what that means, is the 4 best teams for 2022 are able to improve their teams, by heading to the FA list (as if they need it) but the 6 teams who are the also rans, don't have that opportunity......
    So no need for me to do anymore research for 2023, trying to get off the bottom of the ladder, because the players that might be able to help me do that, can be selected by any of these 4 teams over this round, and 2 of those teams over the next.
    I'll leave it at that...

12. stripey

my 2c, its pretty unlikely a player selected at this stage would survive the mandatory delistings at year end... not exactly the cream of the crop

• Like Like x 1
  13. choppers

I agree with you that it's most unlikely, however shouldn't all teams be on an equal footing.
    I finished on the bottom and there's a few players floating around now on the FA list, who've improved over the 2nd half of the season, who may be able to improve my team and whom I might consider with Pick1.

But any of these 4 Finals teams can select them today prior to this round starting, but I and 5 others can't. We have to wait til the PSD. And if any of these players happen to have 2 good games, there could be a good chance for them to be excluded from the mandatory de-listings and not be available in the PSD.

No free agent access from the start of the last round until the PSD

When I read that rule, I thought it meant from the last Round of the H&A season, but apparently not, so this rule should be amended to "from the last round prior to Finals commencing, until the PSD" so every team is treated equally, in my opinion.

My 2c

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

I just assumed it meant until the last round of the AFL season. So everyone would still have access to the FA list until the start of round 23.

15. stripey

that's true, doesn't mention that teams no longer competing can't make trades...

16. choppers

from Len's post above...

"so if still in the race to win exchanging is ok, if not don't dip".

I'm really confused now.....is it open go for all teams, or only those "still in the race"

To counter my confusion, I'll swap a current player with one from the FA, and if I'm judged to have done the wrong thing, I'll reverse it, so that player can become available to any of those teams still in the race.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  17. stripey

@Len has spoken anyway, doesn’t matter to me either way.

a situation could arise where a non competing team delisted someone that could improve a team that’s still in it… I don’t think anyone would want that, best those teams are locked once seasons over imo

18. Len

Firstly, please remember I didn't reboot the league, just stepping in for a mate to keep it moving, I haven't looked at the "rules".with any effort to review for 3 years, but probably would have had I had time preseason once Terry and others pushed for it to reboot.
    Secondly, the original basis was that where possible/practical we would follow SC draft league rules.
    That's still my vast prefererence, I haven't played it since pre-covid so no idea what the go is there, this league was never intended to be a dynasty league, it was started on SC draft and moved when we couldn't trade players or picks within their structure.

I enjoy it as a bit of fun, it's definitely not supposed to be anything like an ORFF league.
    But in reference to your point directly, if I'm in a finals series in a league that is setup to encourage frequent swapping of players and find myself down a forward I'd think it bloody odd that I couldn't draw from the pool for finals. Logicly I can see an argument where anyone should be able to until the final round of the (AFL) season as it was initially, but I struggle with a blockoput for everyone.
    Anyone not in finals is only drawing on an opportunity to improve for next year, which isn't overly relevant given in theory only the top 150 players are not available to draft in the PSD.
    FWIW it wouldn't occur to me to do it as I feel I could be taking a player that might otherwise win a team a finals game

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  19. choppers

Being a relative newbie coach here, I'm not aware of what transpired here 3 years ago and obviously I'm the one out of step, so have reversed the trade., and I'll let it go at that.

20. Len

not at all mate, it's hard to know what is meant when what is stated is lacking and when something is stated it lacks clarity.
    I'll be better prepared for next year and will update the way we play to match SC Draft, and then happy discuss custumisation that doesn't incur extra work, I'm conscious that history is unlikely to be reliably refernced without context so was just trying to provide some

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1