Best Buys – Round 18

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Jul 20, 2016.

By tipbetpro on Jul 20, 2016 at 6:47 PM
  1. tipbetpro

tipbetpro Active Member

NRL tips are out already (http://www.tipbetpro.com/#!current-round/kzu9o), and we also have our write-up out for the West Indies v India Test/Series, and soon the England v Pakistan 2nd test (http://www.tipbetpro.com/#!tips-and-bets/zxtux) – we’ve been busy again.

I’m going to be doing things a bit differently for the rest of the season. Firstly, no more “wait a week”, we are at the pointy end of the season and it’s time to live for the now. Secondly, more players, I’ve extended my ranges to include more forwards, mids and defenders (but not rucks – I stand by the earlier call that you should aim to have Goldy and Gawn – and maybe NicNat when he returns).

And now for BoTW. I think I said I wouldn’t name a player twice, but I’m throwing out all the rules for the rest of the season. He was cheap once, did well for a while but has only done average recently making him cheap again. For the roughly 50% of teams that don’t have him, now is the time to buy. I am of course talking about Mr Heath Shaw. Averaging 109 and costing less than $500k, Shaw is well and truly a good value pick up if he can return to his early season form, making him our BoTW.

Again, the format below is:
    POSITION Name (CLUB) – current price (expected increase) – AVERAGE

DEFENDERS
    Rookies:

DEF Reuben William (BRL) - 102k (+25k) - AVG=45 (Playing for Brisbane he may get a few more games and his price will give you maximum cash if you need it)

Keepers:
    DEF Josh Gibson (HAW) - 465k (-2k) - AVG=97 (Gibbo is going very cheap)
    DEF Heath Shaw (GWS) - 488k (-3k) - AVG=109 (BoTW!!)
    DEF Corey Enright (GEE) - 491k (+5k) - AVG=96
    DEF Matthew Boyd (WBD) - 529k (-6k) - AVG=102
    DEF Kade Simpson (CAR) - 539k (-3k) - AVG=106
    DEF Sam Docherty (CAR) - 548k (+9k) - AVG=110 (Probably the best BoTW we have named)

Midfielders
    Rookies:

MID Ryan Clarke (NTH) - 117k (+36k) - AVG=60 (Can’t see him keeping his spot with North desperate to win a game)

Keepers: (There are lots of good mids – something for everybody)
    MID Adam Treloar (COL) - 485k (+3k) - AVG=106 (Could be a good cheap option)
    MID Tom Mitchell (SYD) - 489k (+16k) - AVG=105
    MID Steele Sidebottom (COL) - 495k (+11k) - AVG=106
    MID Trent Cotchin (RIC) - 500k (+6k) - AVG=106
    MID Callan Ward (GWS) - 509k (+8k) - AVG=109
    MID Daniel Hannebery (SYD) - 525k (-10k) - AVG=112
    MID Robbie Gray (PTA) - 526k (+11k) - AVG=105
    MID Jack Steven (STK) - 535k (+15k) - AVG=107
    MID Matt Priddis (WCE) - 536k (+7k) - AVG=106
    MID Stephen Coniglio (GWS) - 544k (-1k) - AVG=109
    MID Luke PARKER (SYD) - 548k (0k) - AVG=111
    MID Lachie Neale (FRE) - 551k (-7k) - AVG=112
    MID Sam Mitchell (HAW) - 555k (+4k) - AVG=107
    MID Josh P. Kennedy (SYD) - 558k (+11k) - AVG=111
    MID Joel Selwood (GEE) - 574k (0k) - AVG=113
    MID Rory Sloane (ADE) - 576k (-6k) - AVG=109
    MID Marcus Bontempelli (WBD) - 587k (+5k) - AVG=107
    MID Scott Pendlebury (COL) - 605k (-12k) - AVG=119
    MID Patrick Dangerfield (GEE) - 704k (-4k) - AVG=135 (Look at Geelong’s stats and divide them by 2 – those are Danger’s stats. Carrying the team and just waiting for the Charlie now)

Rucks
    Rookies:

R/F Sam Naismith (SYD) - 124k (+42k) - AVG=67 (If you want to trade out you cheap ruck, now could be your chance)

Keepers:
    RUC Todd Goldstein (NTH) - 522k (0k) - AVG=111
    RUC Max GAWN (MEL) - 582k (+11k) - AVG=117

Forwards
    Rookies:

FWD Oleg Markov (RIC) - 117k (+45k) - AVG=69 (Cheaper and averaging more, will he keep his spot?)
    FWD Liam McBean (RIC) - 151k (+15k) - AVG=45

Keepers:
    FWD Josh J. Kennedy (WCE) - 446k (-5k) - AVG=99
    FWD Nick Riewoldt (STK) - 461k (+1k) - AVG=97
    M/F Leigh Montagna (STK) - 466k (+7k) - AVG=99 (Monty is still cheap, and could continue to average about 100)
    FWD Jack GUNSTON (HAW) - 479k (+5k) - AVG=96
    M/F Dayne Zorko (BRL) - 518k (+4k) - AVG=112
    M/F Zac Merrett (ESS) - 567k (+12k) - AVG=109
    M/F Dustin MARTIN (RIC) - 575k (+10k) - AVG=112

So that’s Best Buys for this week.

Good luck to all with your trades and hopefully some wins on the weekend. For all your trade discussion feel free to join us in the comments section below.

Cheers

http://www.tipbetpro.com/ - your statistically tested guide to tipping and betting on AFL, NRL and Cricket

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Jul 20, 2016.

1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Given I have trengove, dmac, Phillips as my mid bench I would need to be really convinced on Clarke to bring him in, unless trengove is named this week

Does anyone have a more optimistic view on him ?

At this stage I am thinking either Naismith or markov, am leaning towards markov due to the tiges blooding youth unless I can see Naismith in for long enough to make $100-$120k he won't be much good to me on the pine
    2. pollypies
      pollypies
      I have the same Dilemna Tassie Hawk; Markov or Naismith. Hardwick has already publicly said the kids will definitely get a go. I was leaning towards Markov because of his JS. But Naismith having dual R/F status is appealing if a Goldy or Gawn is rested towards finals and the rumours we have all heard is Goldy is carrying an injury. Tippett is still listed as 5 weeks away which should help Naismith's JS.

Anyone care to comment on Naismith's JS?
    3. Len
      Len
      If he can maintain exposed form your assessment seems sound
      • Like Like x 3
    4. IPOD
      IPOD
      I have 6 trades left and am left with a bit of a predicament. Save my trades and play Hartley or Collins, or trade Adams to Laird, Burgoyne or Howe!

TU - Use Hartley or Collins
      TD - Trade Adams - Laird, Burgoyne or Howe
      • Dislike Dislike x 5
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      I Like Adams to Laird personally with 6 left! I'm done for with 3 trades left lol
      • Like Like x 1
    6. bunza52
      bunza52
      Who to trade Barlow to? Have Dusty, Zac, Joey, Zorko and Wells. Not keen on JJK as his recent form is poor (but that could change in the next 3 weeks as they have the Dees at home, Pies away and Freo),
      1 - Buddy
      2- Hoff
      3 - Gunstan
      4 - Cyril
      5 - Greene
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 2
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    7. RPritch
      RPritch
      What about Lynch from GCS? 5 great fixtures from last 6 and seems to always perform against the lower teams without fail
      • Like Like x 2
    8. pollypies
      pollypies
      Need to upgrade two spots. One in the midfield and one in defence, with 6 trades playing for league, not overall
      :1:Hopper and Rose out, Ward and Naismith/Markov in, would leave me enough $ to go Tippa out and Bartel in following week
      :2: Hopper and Rose out, Zorko and Naismith/Markov in, would leave me enough $ to go Tippa out and Bartel in following week, would also give me flexibility to move Zorko between midfield and forward
      :3:Hopper and Rose out, Gray/Parker and Naismith/Markov in, would leave me enough $ to go Tippa out and Bartel in following week
      :4:Hopper and Rose out, B. Crouch and Naismith/Markov in, would leave me enough $ to go Tippa out and Boyd the following week
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 2
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 2
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    9. Len
      Len
      I think that's who I am moving Rose to also, he is in a purple patch and has a good run home in a team that is delivering the ball far better to him than earlier in the year.

Edited, I meant Rose, Petracca will probably be the Headache's benchcover from here on in
      • Like Like x 1