Best Buys - Lucky last

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Aug 4, 2016.

By tipbetpro on Aug 4, 2016 at 1:13 PM
  1. tipbetpro

tipbetpro Active Member

Well given trades are running out (for everyone I assume), I thought I'd do one more Best Buys as at this point in the season its not about making money or the future - its about who you can afford and who will do well in the last few rounds.

So no big lists this week, as I don't know how much money everyone has - instead I'm going to suggest a few options for each position.

Defenders:
    Rance, Shaw, Laird, Enright and Sloane - these options should have you covered from $450k to $550k (EDIT - obviously Sloane was just there to keep you on your toes, but JJ and Bartel are other options down back)
    They've all shown something, and are all reasonably priced.
    A lot of upside with the likes of Shaw and Rance - they'd be the pick of the bunch, but if you have them already then Laird, Enright and Bartel should also do well.
    As we know, the cats have an easy run home so Geelong players might be a good pick up, but equally they might choose to rest players... might.
    JJ - well he is there for those that like to roll the injury dice to save a few dollars.

Midfielders:
    Hannebery, Treloar, Robbie Gray, Priddis and Pendlebury - again these options should have you covered from ~$480k to ~$580k
    Hannebery did well as BoTW last week, but is still cheap, as is Treloar.
    Priddis and Gray are good mid-range options, both should be solid.
    Pendlebury is amazing cheap for (and I'll cop it for this), someone I think is perhaps the next best SC mid after Danger.
    My choice of these 5 is still Hannebery.

Rucks:
    If you don't know who I think you should have by now, then there is no hope for you...
    That said, will NicNat or Sandi make a big impact in the final weeks? Well maybe, but if you have Goldy and Gawn I wouldn't be trading them out anytime soon!

Forwards:
    Dahlhaus, Montagna, Wells, Zorko, Merrett and Martin - again a nice range of prices there with Dahlhaus being very cheap - will he regain his old form?
    Most people probably have Martin, and probably even Merrett - but both are solid options if you have the cash.
    Monty is another cheap option, whilst Zorko and Wells fill that middle ground - Zorko needs to find his old form and Well needs to not get injured again.
    Out of these 6, I like the risk of bringing in Dahlhaus - its all or nothing time!

Anyway, that's it from me for Best Buys for the year.
    Good luck with the last few rounds of SC - there's just not a lot I can add really.

Cheers

http://www.tipbetpro.com/

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 7

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Aug 4, 2016.

1. walesy
      walesy
      You've done a great job with these articles this year mate!

Been a fantastic read every week.

Thank you!
      • Like Like x 7
    2. faz_2000
      faz_2000
      Good stuff, appreciate the efforts!

My squad is fully upgraded so I am just hanging on for grim death with 3 trades ready to 1-for-1 replace premos when they go down. I've identified a couple of candidates in each position and I think that's all you can do at this stage.

Looking at Enright, maybe Z Wiliams in defence.
      Treloar, Cripps, Rockliff in the middle.
      God knows in the ruck... just hope Goldie-Gawn stays on the field.
      Up forward probably Dahlhaus or take a flyer on Eddie Betts or something.

Good luck all!
    3. IPOD
      IPOD
      SLOANE Def???
      I have 5 trades and 60k looking at Hartley - Menegola or Wills via Joyce dpp from mid to back and Kerridge - Sloane via Dusty dpp from mids to fwd. Leaving 3 trades and 84k. This is assuming that Zerrett is playing it worries me that Woosha says no one will play more than 3 of the last 4 for the sake of tired players, THATS WHY THERE IS AN OFF SEASON WOOSHA.

Anyway what are peoples thoughts on the above trades?
      • Like Like x 1
    4. IPOD
      IPOD
      In the Ruck Mummy has been very servicable especially over the last 6-8 weeks
    5. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      Hmmm - not sure what I was on there!
      Anyway - can't leave him there - so I'm replacing him with JJ and Bartel, no point using too much cash in the backline.

Cheers for the pickup
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Len
      Len
      100% been an invaluable reference for me all year
      • Like Like x 1
    7. pollypies
      pollypies
      I second that ... wait, third that! Great job with the Best Buys this year! So many possibilities to cover. You did very well!
      • Like Like x 1
    8. pollypies
      pollypies
      Finished sixth in my cash league. Was hoping to upgrade M Robinson and Kerridge in my forward line until Libba went down. It has left me need to replace Libba with 3 trades and 58k. My options are (all POD's based on the teams I could play in finals)
      :1:Sloane for Libba, Wills for Mathieson, leaves me $58k to upgrade Robinson or Kerridge to Dahlhaus next week
      :2:Treloar for Libba, Wills for Mathieson, leaves me $118.5k to upgrade Robinson or Kerridge to Dahlhaus next week
      :3:Rocky for Libba, Wills for Mathieson, leaves me $46k to upgrade Robinson or Kerridge to Dahlhaus (must score less than 120) next week
      If I am settled on choosing Dahlhaus next week, it would not seem to matter who I choose of the above because I will be able to afford him with any option.
      :4:Motlop for Libba this week, only using one trade. Would leave me no cash to pick up Dahlhaus next week. Could try trading Kerridge and Robinson the next week but would have to find forwards under $355k. I have Z. Merrett and I am also concerned about him being rested.

Have been leaning towards Sloane due to Adelaide's run and Jacobs missing which could free up some points at the top range. Could also mean less clearances for Sloane! Arrggg! Too much information to consider, not enough cash and not enough trades!

Open to any other suggestions.
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    9. lukus
      lukus
      I'll have one trade left after trading Libba out and that's including holding Deledio in the forward line. There's every chance that he won't play again this year but I'm hesitant to use my last trade on a player that may return when there is still three rounds still to play. Kerridge to cover for another week or two and if Lids isn't back by then and I haven't been hit with yet another bullet, then I'll finally pull the pin.

I've been hit with just about every bullet this year. Can anyone beat the list below?

Fyfe, Johannisen , Houli, Rockliff, Laird (held), Dahlhaus, Wells (held), Naitanui, Ablett, Barlow, Hall, Deledio (held), Liberatore

Thank God for the bye before finals! Hopefully it will quell the carnage...
    10. IPOD
      IPOD
      Settled on Kerridge for Sloane but trading Hartley out for some cash who to trade in
      TU - Wills
      TD - Menegola
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    11. Owen
      Owen
      I have Stef Martin and Libba. Argh.
    12. Owen
      Owen
      1. Blicavs and Neale
      2. Gawn and Rookie to cover bench and leave me with one trade left and 200K
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 3
    13. Dun1
      Dun1
      Assistance please: K.Simpson, Enright or Burgoyne?
    14. Owen
      Owen
      Kade for me.
    15. Dun1
      Dun1
      cheers
    16. Owen
      Owen
      Or
      3. Nicnat and JJK
      • Like Like x 3
    17. pollypies
      pollypies
      Have simplified my options somewhat:
      :1:Sloane
      :2:Rocky
      :3:Treloar
      :4:Gray
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 2
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 1
    18. pollypies
      pollypies
      @ Owen - Blicavs and Neale my choice out of those options ... but can you afford Grundy at $498k, he has scored in excess of 100pts 5 out of the last 6 matches (the other match he scored 91). Blicavs has not hit 100 once in his last 5 matches.

Perhaps Grundy and a slightly cheaper mid (Treloar or Cotchin) if you can afford that combo?
      • Like Like x 1
    19. pollypies
      pollypies
      Kade for me too, followed closely by Enright. Burgoyne seems more inconsistent.