Blighty Teasdale - This weeks leader

Discussion in 'AFL' started by kram, Apr 12, 2012.

1. kram

kram Member

I know this will be reviewed on the website soon, but has anyone checked out this weeks leaders side? Its super impressive in my opinion, and may have a sizeable jump on the pack.

He's gone a big risk in the backs with lake, Hargrave, bower, clarke, which I also did, but he has added Malceski and Dempsey over my team at the expense of premiums. All players so far have been solid and will rise in value, making it easy to trade up to Goddard and alike later. Perhaps the only query in that line is I would choose Bugg over Morris. But he's taken big risk and got big reward. Delidio and Ellis the other two.

Mids, with the cash he saved down back, have 4 premos including the top shelf Ablett and Pendles, again he's knobbed the rising mid in Brad Ebert, and picked some of the better rookies in Magner, Wingard and Shiel which are easy picks. Kudos for Ebert though.

Rucks, Sandi, Kruezer, Giles, Redden....what more can you say?

Forwards. This line probably has his weakest selects. He has gone Folau and Pfieffer as his rookies, but they've sat on the bench anyway. Again a risk taken here with N Roo, Sam Reid, Porplyzia and Jack Darling. I saw Porps and Roo as fairly solid bets, but Reid and Darling are awkwardly priced in my opinion so the risk there is paying off too. Obviously doesn't mind a key position player. He also has Buddy, Goodes and Devon Smith.

All up I think a lot of risks that have paid off so far and increase his team value massively, so a big thumbs up from me. I also think he has some pretty easy trades to do this week, Folau into Kennedy and Pfieffer into the saints Stanley or Milera, whichever he can afford. From there here should print some serious cash and pick up some premos for his forward and back line within the next few weeks.

Anyone else just a little envious??

2. n131982

n131982 New Member

That's just depressing...

3. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

I have looked at his team as well. It's ominous.

He's got 7 or 8 midpricers all of which have fired so far. This will mean plenty of money to upgrade in the coming weeks. The only concern is his rookie selection is mediocre. No Kennedy, Bugg, Milera, Greene, Mohr etc. But as Kram said, he can trade to fix them this round.

4. Moblets

Moblets New Member

My only thoughts are given they have taken so many risks, is this coach a seasoned supercoacher and understand the need to updgrade. My suspicion is they will continue to ride the luck of the mid pricers and will fall on the sword eventually.

Wow almost every selection has paid off though so far.

5. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

He's an active poster over on bigfooty (McAlmanac) so i'm pretty sure he's a veteran.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Hmm thanks for the food for thought for beat the best.
    My rough thoughts
    - Go to the well with mid price you will drown
    - Some premium players have started slowly, but will pick up probably before upgrade time
    - 202 ruck looks a good luxury at the moment
    - Well managed this team could be up top for a while but I think upgrades will be too difficult into best per position

7. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Structure is:
    1-4-4
    4-1-3
    1-1-2
    3-3-3
    9-9-12

It's an impressive team, I'm certainly envious. All his mid-pricers have "clicked" which is why he's #1. Presuming he does two corrective rookie trades in the fwd this week, he has 12 up and down trades to make, and if lucky only has to sideways 3 of his midpricers then that's 17 trades used and he has 7 available for injuries. Could be a very strong side.

That said, I disagree with the poster that said he knows what he's doing. (It looks like)He knows football but not supercoach so much, otherwise Falou would be no where near the team over at least one better off rookie. Still, by my calculations he has $91k up his sleeve so plenty to play with, would be over the moon if my side. :D

8. kram

kram Member

Cheers Lucas. Whilst I'm not flying as high as blighty, I am drinking from that well so you better chuck me a life jacket! I normally run a solid G n R strategy and have never cracked the top 5000 overall, so this year, especially with a lack of forward and back rookies in my opinion, I changed tack a bit. There are a couple of decent rookie downgrade options to come up later I think like treloar, neale and zorko which may help him kill the cows but maintain his scoring. Like I said, I think he's well placed and I'm impressed.

9. kram

kram Member

Good comment port, both parts! I was thinking the same too that while he's smart enough to have nailed all those midpricers, surely a seasoned supercoacher would not have picked folau. That's what threw me too!

10. kram

kram Member

Its not possible for blighty to trade these changes, but this is how I'd alter his to make my ultimate team, changes in capitals....and brackets for the outs....

Backs: GODDARD, delidio, dempsey, malceski, hargrave, clarke, lake, bower, BUGG (Ellis, Morris)

Mids: pendlebury, ablett, murphy, ebert, MASTEN, magner, MCDONALD, shiel (Thompson, Wingard)

Rucks: sandilands, kruezer, giles, redden

Fwds: franklin, CORNES, reiwoldt, CLOKE, reid, KENNEDY, porplyzia, MILERA, smith (Goodes, Darling, Folau, Pfieffer)

The main changes are switching a premo from mids to backs(Thompson to Goddard) and switching Goodes to Cloke and Darling to the CHAD. I reckon the CHAD is looking good to score consistently, but Darling and Goodes are equally good picks as Chad and Cloke. Then just tinkered to get the better performing rookies. Blighty has definitely set the base for my round 2 wunderteam though.

So thats my dream team, if anyones interested this is how my team compares...

Backs: Goddard, Waters, Shaw, Hargrave, Grimes, Clarke, Lake, Bower, Bugg

Mids: Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Masten, Magner, Shiel, Wingard, McDonald

Rucks: Kruezer, Jacobs, Giles, Redden

Fwds: Franklin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Kennedy, Porplyzia, Martin, Smith and Hall

Yep, chuck me that lifejacket for the midprice well Lucas :). The only trade I'm really looking at is Hall to Milera, but that will depend on selections. Hoping to hold fire on the trades for 2-3 weeks then start upgrading quickly. Also looking forward to getting McDonald back to swap him on field with Shiel. I think all other underperformers (Shaw, Grimes, Martin, Danger) will pick up at some stage, so hopefully they can all start to click.

11. McAlmanac

McAlmanac New Member

Thanks for the analysis. I've had a lot of luck thus far.

No matter what happens from this point, I will (like Pat Rafter and, er, Petr Korda) always be able to call myself a "former World Number 1".

12. Muppets

Muppets Member

Congrats McAlmanac on the top billing so far. It's be interesting to hear your thoughts on why you've gone so many mid-pricers.

13. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Kudos McAlmanac!

With most experts declaring any shift from basic GnR strategy doomed to failure,
    It's great to see your thinking outside the box has reaped reward.
    Am hoping your mid-pricers continue to fire and go premium.
    Well done.

14. McAlmanac

McAlmanac New Member

The general thrust:

Hargrave, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Porplyzia, Kreuzer and even Malceski have all missed a lot of footy which has deflated their price against their true worth.

Ebert has gone from a cast member in an A movie to a headliner in a B movie - he'll get more scenes in Port's movie than West Coast's.

Darling and Reid are young blokes who will only improve.

Riewoldt is a player in the 400's who is still a main man in his side.

Yes, I regret picking Folau. I wanted a guaranteed player on the bench and thought he would make a bit of money but sadly only the first part will come true.

15. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member