Broughton (terminal?)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Nick, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Just after some advice.

Do people think that Broughton is terminal? This is more of a DT question as he hasn't been as bad in SC, but in DT he has lost over $60k with a huge BE this. Is it worth jumping on Shaw/Adcock/Murphy now or stick it out?

I hate sideways trading especially if it isn't into someone you know will be top 7 in their position at the end of the year, but he is really spudding it up, averaging around 60 in DT.

Thoughts?

2. graeme

graeme Guest

cannot answer that question Nick - but it does raise an interesting idea for a thread: players who score well in SC (DT) but not in DT (SC).

regards
    chels

3. torcida

torcida Member

got him there and decided to stick with him nick - even with slow start he is a keeper and will finish above addcock and murphy at the end

4. JMac

JMac Member

Yeah I have him in both SC & DT. Going to stick with him.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Fair call, and its the advice I would give anyone else, but it kills me seeing him spud it up while Adcock is averaging almost 100 for less cash. If Adcock reminds injury free he could potentially reach keeper status, going on his history??

6. fryzie

fryzie New Member

Adcock could definitely average more than Broughton for the rest of the year in dream team based on roles. Adcock rebounding defender while Broughton is being given jobs, fine for SC cos of contested ball and his efficient ball use. At this point you'd pull the trigger in DT on that basis with 2 caveats:
    1. His injury history is very concerning; and
    2. His role may change when Drummond comes back into the side.

7. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I ditched Broughton last week (DT) traded in Suckling... yes a dash for cash, but it will be a 200k gain when Broughton stops dropping in value.

8. torcida

torcida Member

he was 594k at the start of 2008. he can prob get there again if his body holds. risky but u never know - i just got burned twice and im not goin there again

fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me .. maybe third time lucky lol - dont think so

9. apolis

apolis New Member

I get the feeling Broughton is only playing such defensive roles because of injuries.

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

It really seems like his role has changed, which was contrary to his pre season form. Very frustrating.

Adcock seems to have the role I want Broughton to have. But fryzie makes a great point - Drummond coming back may influence his scoring. Do we assume its for the bad?

Injury prone yes, but he's got to get his body right eventually surely!

Having made 3 trades already this season, do people think another 1 now is burning through them?

11. fryzie

fryzie New Member

<blockquote>Quote from apolis on April 20, 2011, 10:37
    I get the feeling Broughton is only playing such defensive roles because of injuries.</blockquote>

More than likely but how soon will he be released from his duties? I'm going Adcock but only in DT and only because I'm ranked just outside the top 1000 and need to crack in. Broughton has a bye next week too.

12. DC

DC Member

Dreamteam = Time for him to go.

Supercoach = Before round 1 for I was deciding between Broughton and Enright

So far total points,

Broughton 359
    Enright 446

The question is can this be made up by Broughton? or is he going to continue with the same scores all year (80-99) while Enright pumps out scores of 100+ every week...

Only reason why i went Broughton is because i thought Enright would continue to get tagged (Obviously not so far)

13. spud

spud New Member

Same reasoning here, DC.

I reckon if you started with him, stick with him. He's scoring nicely, perhaps not quite as well as some others, but he's performing a hell of a lot closer to expectations than, say, a Goddard is.

I'm happy enough if he pumps out 80+ per week. He was consistent last year, and that was the other half of the reason for bringing him in. I didn't pick him on the basis that he would improve by x amount, but rather I knew what I was getting with him and he is very much a set and forget player.

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree for SC I would keep him, but DT he really does seem terminal.

I have the money just to go Broughton -> Shaw?

Is this better than Broughton -> Adcock?

Any opinions would be great.

15. torcida

torcida Member

i would go shaw - unless u got 2 many pies in ur side

16. whips

whips New Member

I would go with Nick and Spud - keep him for SC.

If you must trade in DT - definitely Adcock.
    Shaw will maintain his 83 ave and is priced that way.
    Based on a few years ago, Adcock can maintain 90+ and is priced &#36;40K less.
    I don't get the Adcock injury doom-sayers. Two of his longer term injuries were broken bones - unlikely to repeat.
    Plus Adcock has only one bye left (which is a multi-bye round if you're only playing for league).
    Shaw has two byes left - both single club byes.

17. torcida

torcida Member

whips must say when u look from that prospective u got the point
    even if shaw avgs 4 pts more than adcock in next 17 games hes got left
    adcock will still score more pts for his team this yr