Confirmation emails?

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jan 4, 2016.

By walesy on Jan 4, 2016 at 11:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, it seems that when I transferred accounts to the new TS, I transferred a good 2000 of them before noticing that I left the 'send confirmation email' button checked.
    So, first of all, sorry for the spam!
    On the plus side, should be switching the site over this week some time. :D

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Very much looking forward to the new version of TS Chief.
      I must've been lucky to be outside the 2000 transferred accounts because there was nothing crop up in my inbox :D
    2. walesy
      walesy
      You can check it out if you want. :D

http://52.62.162.182/forum/articles/

However, it is a skeleton server, so if too many people hit it up, I'll need to change the IP to get control of it back. :D But feel free to jump in and start posting. Hopefully nothing is broken- but if it is, let me know.

You should be able to request a new password, as I wasn't able to convert passwords.

Still some tweaks needed, but it's getting there. Currently converting data at the moment. My list is as follows.

convert users - check
      convert PM's - check
      convert blog posts - check
      convert comments (currently doing, not based on quantity, I'll probably only do last years initially)
      plug in the adds

Open the site for testing

The implication of the above, is that users/PMs and posts put up after a couple days ago won't make the cut

And comments after this one won't either!

convert forum posts

bring across stats/ORFF

Convert old comments.

3. walesy
      walesy
      Well, guess this means the comments are here.
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      just testing again - to see whether responding here means I am able to "watch" this thread
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      apparently it does - Walesy (or anyone else) is there any other way to "Watch" a thread without having to post ??
    6. walesy
      walesy
      Just above the comments, on the right there, is a "watch thread" button. :D