decision on 2017 league size

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Sep 17, 2016.

?

should we have 14 or 16 teams in the ORFFF

Poll closed Sep 24, 2016.
  1. 14

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. 16

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  3. dont mind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hey everyone,

As most of you would know, choppers and insider have both decided to drop out of the league.

Bearfly, DamoH and I have been discussing which way we go from here. We are leaning towards replacing the two coaches, however we want to firstly see if there is any appetite for a 14 team league.

I remember that when we were starting up, some showed an interest at that time for a 14 team league. It didnt eventuate then, but maybe there is more interest now.

Lets have a vote. It will be open for 1 week.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@Ant - i have voted for 16, but will provide some rationale

While I initially and still would be happy to be part of a 10, 12 or 14 team league I personally think having started with 16 it would be best to maintain that number for at least the first 2 seasons of the ORFFF, particularly while sufficient interest remains to take the reins of existing teams.

The key reason I feel that way is that teams that have drafted (or traded in) ruckmen and/or youth expecting a 16 team format may be disadvantaged more than those that didn't by the immediate cutting of 2 teams. A positive of cutting teams is that lower teams could potentially benefit most but I think another season of the status quo would seem fair as a number of bottom 8 teams drafted/traded for the long term.

Just my 10 cents

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks mate.
    Looks like 16 is the more favorable option anyway.
    I do remember that you initially proposed having less teams, so its interesting to hear why you've changed your mind now.

As i said in OP, we were leaning towards 16, and it looks like we'll be going with that (unless a heap of people change their vote haha).