DellOlio v Pfieffer v Adams v someone else

Discussion in 'AFL' started by chris88, Apr 30, 2012.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Interested in opinions on this one -

Who would you pick and why (especially in the context of downgrading a rookie forward like Devon Smith)

2. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

someone else Horsley of GCS looks the good but will wait

3. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Isnt Horsley Mid only?

4. stowie

stowie Moderator

Pfieffer - hasn't hit the vest (*fingers crossed*) and has the latest (R13) bye so assuming he is being named can cover you the most.

5. chris88

Horsley mid only. More looking at forwards if you have someone like D Smith up there, or want to downgrade a Hale or Stanley type.

6. chris88

stowie - good thinking

7. bama

bama Active Member

not many down grade forward options yet. i'm looking to upgrade Devon Smith but not this week, really need a trade free week. Next week thing Ellis to Wilkes and Magner to Horsley so the following week I can do a double upgrade and Smith will be one of them. Would love Tommy Couch to get named this week.

8. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I was thinking of upgrading this week. Shiel to JPK & porpoise (currently rumoured to be out this week) to Dell'olio. I'm not budging until Friday but would be keen for some thoughts. Would leave me with just Murphy required to complete my mids. What are everyones thoughts, currently sitting at 2900's overall and if Selwood & ablett both miss this week I'll be fielding 3 GWS in my mids.

9. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Surely Couch will get a go soon. If your looking at foward downgrades I think these will be coming in the next half a dozen rounds - Zorko, Walsh, Elliot and Sexton. I'm not going to rush for Pfieffer or Dell. Adams will be watched this week.

10. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Eagle_Eyed on April 30, 2012, 14:56
    I was thinking of upgrading this week. Shiel to JPK & porpoise (currently rumoured to be out this week) to Dell'olio. I'm not budging until Friday but would be keen for some thoughts. Would leave me with just Murphy required to complete my mids. What are everyones thoughts, currently sitting at 2900's overall and if Selwood & ablett both miss this week I'll be fielding 3 GWS in my mids. </blockquote>

Sheil has plenty to moo yet - probably a bit early imo. Forwards are ready to strike before your mids.

11. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

DellOlio - no. The guy definitely has talent, but two vests from two games and I can see him being the perfect candidate to continue that.

Even without the vests, our injury list is only going to get smaller (touch wood) so I can see him getting pushed out of the side. Far better options by comparison.

Agree with stowie in that Pfeiffer could be a player that avoids the vest and these days that is invaluable.

I will be watching Adams closely this week and then most likely downgrade D.Smith into him.

Would love to do it this week, but had to get Pendlebury in as he has hit the bottom!

12. jibba

jibba Member

Nah, I take what I said back and agree with above post
    I can see Colyer in, Dellolio out as early as this week

13. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@H_Dons

Who did you cull for Pendlebury?

I still have old mate Carrots sitting on my backline pine and really want to turn him into Pendles (with Gaz on the sidelines for another week) in light of limited back downgrades...thinking SShaw if hes named and turning Smith in Pendles...sound stupid?

The Porps possible out then beomes the major worry because with Smith traded i lose my MPP for a week or two and will cop a blob if Kennedy or Hall arent named. Tough game this year dodging bullets!

14. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from jibba on April 30, 2012, 20:14
    Nah, I take what I said back and agree with above post
    I can see Colyer in, Dellolio out as early as this week
    </blockquote>

Colyer definitely in this week for dell...look at Adams amongst this group

15. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@swerva3

I downgraded Hale to big O (Giles moves off the bench) and I traded Shiel to Pendles.

Would have preferred to trade D.Smith but unfortunately don't have an MPP link ATM!

Wait until Thursday and hopefully one of your FWD rookies are named.

16. Turbs

Turbs New Member

have done identical to u h dons

was tossing up between upgrading d smith to goodes or shiel to pendles using hale as my downgrade

cant miss out on pendles at his price

17. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I just couldn't stand Hale's inconsistency and reduced scoring when Broc was playing!

I needed a good reason to trade out a player I had intended to keep and getting Pendlebury was the perfect excuse!

Will be watching Taylor Adams very closely this week and he will come in for D.Smith next week if signs continue to be good.

18. Kreuzy

Kreuzy New Member

I've been watching DellOlio, last week at the game, and he seems very lazy for a newby trying to break into the team. is more interested in loose balls and cheap goals than chasing and tackling. Don't think he'll be in the team this week.
    Pfieffer for my choice of the three, talented and keen.

19. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

the oilio is a hack.
    Pfeiffer not much better, but Port dont bat deep so he will keep his spot I think,
    and get lazy 65pts each week seeing as noone playing port bothers tagging.
    same reason B Ebert averages 100pts, even if he does, no teams bother with him much.
    pfeiffer will come in real handy come bye 13.

To me Adams looked really good - as good as any other of kennedy, Smith, Treloar, etc...
    and he's solid, bounces around, knows how to play footy. Main problem is he's the same as all the other gws rookies so will miss games, get vests, and stand around watching opponents fly by.
    speaking of Bye, its not smart to bring in a round 11 bye rookie at this stage methinks

20. DC

DC Member

Hrmmm any reason why Jack Crisp from Brisbane is not mentioned here?

Anyone know much about him?