dont be too harsh - remember Im a biker and Ill find you

Discussion in 'RMT' started by hellsangel, Mar 27, 2012.

1. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

Back - Scotland, Lids, Heater, Broughton, B Waters, Bower, Ellis, Bugg, Spurr (pending upg from rookie)

Mids - Ablett, murphy, boyd, mitchell, s thompson, j mcarthy, j mcdonald, j magner

rucks - reddan, giles, o stephenson, t campbell

fwds - fyfe, martin, cloke, hale, porps, mellington, d smith, j cameron, t couch (looking for a couch replacement)

16K left in bank

still 14 rookies to upgrade just in different spots

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Campbell not off rookie list, probably a bit risky

Not sure on Waters with his injury worries.

Mellington?

Kennedy would have been nice from GWS.

McCarthy probably a bit mid range, but I can see why you'd go down that path.

Probably need a few more cash generators because you need to upgrade your rucks and that might take some doing in midseason.

I see too many midrange and not enough rookies, so they won't earn you the money to do that.

Other than that go Pies. Friday promises to tell a lot about our depth.

3. weazel

weazel Member

@hellsangel you should put your side up in the rmt mega thread it will get more attention there but while i'm here i'll give my 2 cents.
    backs not sold on waters and bower both big injury risk the rest solid will need teams this week for rooks
    mids solid again mcarthy? reasons
    rucks reddan and big o aren't first choice rucks so may be out of sides sooner than later campbell is he on the radar at all
    fwds some solid choices hale he's not going to be the drew petrie of last season imo although plenty think he is. porpoise injury waitng to happen

i'd be getting rid of mid pricers and getting at least 1 prem ruck overall not a bad team prem selections are good. everyones rooks will be getting tweaked this week.
    hope it helps

4. weazel

weazel Member

http://tooserious.net/rmt-mega-thread-rate-my-team-some-more

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Where angels fear to tread.

Lots of mid-price in there, but on the back of some fairly strong prems. Don't forget that you have to upgrade the mid-pricers in addition to the rookies if you want a top side towards the sticky end of the season. You could count on no more than 1 being a keeper, perhaps Waters or McCarthy.

Ruck is where you are most vulnerable. Giles should ruck all year, but will be relieved on occasion by Brogan. Reddan should get off to a flying start, but Lobbe has started running and is only a few weeks away (3?) and if Aloof finds form in the SANFL, Port will be faced with running either Reddan or D. Stewart as second ruck. Stewart provides them with more flexibility. Stephenson is currently behind West. Will depend on how much Geelong want to develop him this year. Campbell is a rank outsider, highly unlikely to play. For the same price you could have Pattison or Staley, which would allow you to swing Hale into ruck when it collapses (which it will).

6. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

Thanks guys

@ lucas mellington is a 170k freo guy that seemed to have a couple of cracker games? bit off a smokey?
    go pies

@ weazel I'm definitely looking at a premium ruck just toying with a radical strategy, hale was there too swing in to the rucks as a R2 depending on roughbeds progress, I've spent a considerable time trying to work out a bye strategy and have come up with starting with a few more premiums and taking a punt on some midders who could be keepers and then trading like a bastard (including sideways and in an outs) during the bye weeks

@terryinbangkok thanks for the r4 tip its a keeper

@ all waters has played some cracking football - his final last year against carlton was one of the better games I have seen an individual play and hos preseason was prety good, I just think his intercept mark and long kick together are a potent scoring machine sure he's an injury prone C__T that has ruined plenty of my teams but he's no higgins, is he?

spud frawley is a fool

7. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

sorry with the mummy 90 surely you could upgrade a redden too a mummy in round 4 or 5 and probably save 200 k of mummy/other rucks price??