Draft Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Dec 16, 2013.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

To avoid clogging up the official draft thread with our banter and general BS, I thought I'd create this thread, allowing us to fire off jibes to our heart's content, without making the draft thread one big mess. To start it off, when we finally get down there, picks 16, 17, and 18 have already been locked in. TTT will be taking Raph Clarke, I'll be taking Campbell Brown, and then Insider will take Max Bailey. With first-round picks like those, the rest of you should be trembling in your computer chairs!

2. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

I'm hearing rumours Relton Roberts might be coming out of retirement in an attempt to be drafted to Ararat with pick 19

3. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Brown, Bailey and Clarke?! Pfft, they've got nothing on my prized 2nd round pick Richard Tambling

4. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I don't know about your 2nd round pick, fresh....but your 1st round pick wasn't too bad either, selecting a bloke who hasn't played since 1996, especially when Junior was available.....

5. JPK

Hmm, Relton and Tambling. There's some quality picks that I didn't do enough research on! The first pick was a ruckman, the second pick was a mid, we're now 5 picks down and still haven't seen a forward (Danger doesn't count) or backman picked. What's everyones tip on which coach will pick the first back / fwd, and who will that selection be? With a decade still to play footy, I think Buddy would make a good long-term selection. Its just a matter of if he keeps playing out his days, and if he keeps scoring. I won't be surprised if he goes in the second round. I'd be surprised if a pure-back gets picked in the first two rounds, but definitely in the third round. In the meantime, there'll probably be a couple of mid-def DPP's selected.

6. J_C

J_C Guest

JPK wrote:
    [span style='font-size: 10px;]...and if he keeps scoring. Isn't that why he moved to Sydney? :p
    Sorry.... I'll just get my coat.

7. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

choppers wrote:
    I don't know about your 2nd round pick, fresh....but your 1st round pick wasn't too bad either, selecting a bloke who hasn't played since 1996, especially when Junior was available..... Haha, touche!

8. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

The armadillos wont be touching relton roberts. nathan lovett murray on the other hand... or even coax my main man byron pickett out of retirement maybe

9. Tomster

Reckon the draft will be on hold for a couple of days. Hold tight, we will get going once the Mick saga is sorted

10. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

After initial apprehension, the sandgroper's recruiting team is itching to lock away they're marquee pick. I reckon they're just keen to head off on b their Christmas break!

11. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Apologies for the 4 posts, had trouble with the submit button.

12. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Nic Naitanui is the king of King Island. I was probably going to pick him myself but lost interest when he lost FWD mode.

13. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Could that be another advantage of GAJ slipping to 5? (was very hard to pass on him). Maybe FWD eligibility in his final years to come?

14. Tomster

Jeepers wright, surely you can be happy enough with Gaz slipping to 5 without DPP? You found gold, but now you want diamonds!?

15. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Tomster wrote:
    Jeepers wright, surely you can be happy enough with Gaz slipping to 5 without DPP? You found gold, but now you want diamonds!? dont forget how that turned out for sierra leone

16. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Tomster wrote:
    Jeepers wright, surely you can be happy enough with Gaz slipping to 5 without DPP? You found gold, but now you want diamonds!? Maybe just trying to talk up Gaz in case Dangerfield doesn't perform for me so I can fall back on the excuse 'I almost chose Gaz...'. Still not sure about the NicNat move at No.1 though, very brave from King Island!

17. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

The Bunyips were seriously considering taking Dangermouse at pick number 2 but the same day he released a statement saying he was looking forward to spending time up forward. Call it a rest, call it whatever but it was enough to stick with Dependlebury. My second round pick will be a long way off, but should hopefully define the top team!

18. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

wrightbrendan wrote:
    Tomster wrote:
    Jeepers wright, surely you can be happy enough with Gaz slipping to 5 without DPP? You found gold, but now you want diamonds!? Maybe just trying to talk up Gaz in case Dangerfield doesn't perform for me so I can fall back on the excuse 'I almost chose Gaz...'. Still not sure about the NicNat move at No.1 though, very brave from King Island! I would like to think that NicNat was a bad idea but seeing as Cox is in his 30s, the king of King Island is about to step up as West Coast's main ruckman. He may also be eligible for future DPP status.

19. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Deleted...........just email me.....

20. JPK

Like many people these days, I get email on my phone, so laziness is my only real excuse for not answering emails.
    As Tomster mentions below, maybe its not the smartest idea publishing my mobile number (although I think having my number on my business cards and and like is just as public). Subsequently deleted... PM me through TS, I'll get the email, and respond.