Draft period trades

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, Feb 15, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Hey everyone - I am wondering if there was any discussion (or had been any thought) given to trades of players during the draft period (involving players who had just been drafted for example). Was that something that had been discussed and dismissed, or not discussed - I wasn't sure...

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Good idea in my opinion, maybe a week trade period after the draft? Although I would probably say yes to any trade period...... :/

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

The thought was tossed around in Awful to have trading all year round. No firm decision as yet. My suggestion is we close the pre-season trade period as per the calendar and then come back to this thread immediately post-NAB to see what folks want to do.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am a fan of not overlapping, this is complicated enough to be honest.
    Also am 100% against leaving trading open year round, I am comfortable with the setup we have now, but wouldn't be against abrieftrade period after the conclusion of the draft..

5. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    I am a fan of not overlapping, this is complicated enough to be honest.
    Also am 100% against leaving trading open year round, I am comfortable with the setup we have now, but wouldn't be against abrieftrade period after the conclusion of the draft.. +1