Edward Curnow

Discussion in 'AFL' started by WillS, Jan 24, 2011.

1. WillS

WillS Member

Wondering if anybody can fill me in on this player. His VFL stats looked very good until injury. Is he likely to get games for Carlton in 2011? How serious was his injury?

2. BlueBoy03

BlueBoy03 New Member

It's going to take a few injuries for him to get in imo. Plus he's rookie listed.

The other worry is that a player with a broken leg traditionally takes 18 months to get close to his old form as it's such a big problem. I'd avoid him until he's played his first two games and you can look at him then.

That is assuming a DT/SC point of view.

3. WillS

WillS Member

Thanks for the feedback - wasn't sure if he could break into that midfield not having seen him play.

Having both Podsiadly and Barlow drafted in the rookie draft last time around makes you want to look closely at everyone...

4. BlueBoy03

BlueBoy03 New Member

Haha, yeah fair enough! Esp after the Liston! There's probably 6-7 blokes in front of him that aren't in the best 22, however given he is 20, he might skip ahead of a few of them.

I'd feel pretty safe in saying that he won't play rounds 1-3 so you at least get to have a good look at him!

Any port players you want to point me towards? :p SC in particular...

5. WillS

WillS Member

How about an ex-port player?

Nick Lower had a very good year in the SANFL.