EPL - Gameweek 25

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by ELeviathan, Jan 29, 2011.

1. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

Old thread didn't seem to be functionng anymore so here his a new one.

2. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

@Crew
    Nice ton this week mate. If only you took my advice about B’pool defenders it could have even been higher. Like you said though, you are a gambler!

Not too much wrong with your team I reckon … and not too badly structured looking at upcoming game weeks either , in particular thinking about GW27 with 3 double games, and Man U also have 2 games in GW 28, albeit 1 against Chelsea.

This is what I think you should look at:

#1 - I agree you should get rid of Crainey (4.1M) – bring in Djourou (4.3M) from Arsenal and bring him in quick! He is great value and will rise in price again in the next day or so. The gunners have been getting regular clean sheets and he looks to have cemented his place in the starting line-up. Placentino FC should get the credit for spotting Djourou - he suggested him in a post a few weeks ago. I picked him up then and he hasn’t let me down yet. Arsenal have a double game in week in 27 too.

You need to get rid of Davies (4.7M) if he continues not to play – what has happened to him? I reckon you can’t beat Adam for value (5.6M) – he is a bonus point magnet. He gets them almost every week and even in losing sides. Check out how many he has got overall. Miles above anyone else in the comp. B’pool have another double game in GW 27.

Van der Vaart and Bale are both guns but not sure of the merits of having 2 midfielders from the same team. Will work unbelievably some weeks but every time Spurs have an off week you will suffer. I am a big one for balance in the mids. If I was you I would be trying to replace one of them with Timmy Cahill when he returns from Asian Cup duty. As food for thought, noting VDV didn’t play the early part of the season he has probably averaged more points per actual game played than any other player in the FPL.

Having a Wigan – B’ham goal keeping duo is questionable given the recent form of both these sides. Foster is a must have with B’hams multiple double game weeks coming up. Al Habsi is cheap though and it is hard to see how you can upgrade without having to spend some extra cash which you may not have. Stockdale is super value at the moment but he will likely lose his spot when Schwarzer returns from the Asian Cup. I have Stockdale at the moment and will probably look to change him to Robinson. All the others are just too expensive and imo you are better off spending money on your midfield or forwards.

Not sure you will have enough cash to do anything meaningful about Campbell and at 4.7M he has represented pretty good value recently… + with B’pool’s attacking approach and double game in GW 27 he may just be worth hanging onto.

As for the rest of your squad they are all keepers (at this stage) in my opinion. Things do change quickly in this game though.

I am really glad the Everton v B’ham game originally scheduled for GW 27 has been postponed. How to maximise B’hams originally scheduled 3 games was taking way too much focus… and was also a risky endeavour potentially.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

The Ones are back on a roll, another 3-2 win.

Gumby 99 def M-Boy 82
    Anthak 89 Lost to Bricktop 144
    Benji 50 Lost to Norwich Fan 61
    Placento 88 def Trigger 48
    stkildathunda 127 def scottmac 75

Next week we play The Wenches

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Just noticed Bale is out with a back injury. Estimated return Feb but not sure when...

5. Benny

Benny New Member

Suarez will be an interesting one. Keep an eye out for him.
    Anyone watching the Socceroos tonight?

6. Gumby

Gumby Active Member

I still have my mid-season wildcard. I'll use it in the last week (27)

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Couple transfers that bout to go through are Torres to Chelsea and Andy Carrol to Liverpool.

8. Jet

Jet Member

Anthak you out there? Managed to just sneak in front of you on the tooserious h2h2 league! Any idea if they have a finals system?

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@Jet
    I doubt it as im pretty sure its based on the EPL system.