EXCLUSIVE: Champagne SuperCoaching.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by MaxPower, Jun 23, 2008.

By MaxPower on Jun 23, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. MaxPower

MaxPower New Member

Move over Craig Hutchison, here at TooSerious we pull all the big names and this week we have managed to the grab the hottest name in SuperCoach, TooSerious own Lucas coach of Champange Footy 3, yes, the team that banged on a massive score of 2745 and picked up the weekly number one ranking and the lazy grand, pushing him to 5th overall. We ask him all the tough questions.

<!--more-->
    <p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">BrayDog: With
    5 trades left, are there any weakness is your team worth trading out? Tredrea?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Lucas: Clear
    weaknesses exist. In
    the defence, Ibbotson. And maybe coaching strategies (ferrets). In
    midfielders, Stanton and maybe Nick Stevens. In
    forwards, Tredrea. In
    rucks, Fraser/Kreuzer gives me some headaches as does the hot/cold Dean Cox

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">I
    think Tredrea has been awesome value this year though and he has done well
    since the start of the year. Much
    like Bradshaw who I traded out for Brown this year, it will be done with a
    heavy heart and gratitude, but ruthlessness as well.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">
    It would make sense that your go to captain is Ablett, but who is ya most
    popular vice captain?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Probably
    COOOON dog. It was hilarious at the footy dressed in my Collingwood gear
    yelling out COON louder and more often and before most Doggies fans knew their
    hero had got the ball. I just was tallying the points up and when it was
    Gilbee to Coon to H Shaw contested ball it was wonderful stuff. Shame we didn’t
    see Heater run down and kick the winning goal. In my dreams?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Newman
    got a run as VC, Franklin has had a few gos. I even gave Heater the honour one
    week.&nbsp; &nbsp;Otherwise probably Pavlich.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">A
    confession: For 5 matches of the first 8 I had Matthew Pavlich as my captain
    before Gary Ablett got his act together. But it’s a good position to be in to
    not hardly have to worry about the captain when G Ablett is in the team.

Yeah, not many coachs would have went with Ablett early. That 254 made everyone get on board and I cheered a Judd goal in Geelong gear once. Weve all done it. Biggest surprise of the year, so far?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">In
    terms of teams, the Swans’ competitiveness has been a surprise, along with the Doggies.
    I expected them to be somewhere between 7 and 12 but both will top 4 and have
    premiership claims.In
    reverse, Port and WCE have been pathetic. I won’t even talk about Freo.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">In
    terms of players, Scott Thompson (not SDT) becoming a class midfielder caught
    me off-guard. Bartel falling off the pace has been a bit surprising, but he
    may pick up come finals time.

[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Yeah, Scotty Thompson has been amazingly good, and Im one of few who seen his value since day one but now teams are starting to see how good he is and Victorians now know who ya talking about when you mention his name. Favourite rookie?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">I’ve
    had a good run.&nbsp; I use rookie appreciation to build the team longer term.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Rhys
    Palmer – 314k, Cyril
    Rioli – 281k, Harry
    Taylor – 245k, Bachar
    Houli – 186k (if he’s a rookie), Browne/Cotchin
    now 150+. I
    caught the Josh Hill choo choo and got 135k. Tippett
    has been there the whole time as an emergency. I
    got in very late into Ibbo, eventually trading out Ellis, and he’s been good
    value also.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Gee, you didnt miss any of the good rookies. Do you have a favourite player in ya team, who might not get the really high
    scores but you just never trade him out?

I
    have kept faith under duress for a few players mainly Newman (early doors),
    Stanton and Josh Fraser.&nbsp; &nbsp;Fraser is still the one who I rate more on potential
    than results. But with Rocca/Reid etc out who else can come in and support
    Travis Cloke up forward? Surely some 100+ games to come.

Newman is actually in the top 5 backmen this year, so he cant really go until the title of not scoring high. Haha. Best trade? Worst trade?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Best
    trade: Bradshaw for Brown. Had planned it for weeks as JB went down and
    Bradshaw went up. I made $12700 on the trade, and Brown aside from this week
    has averaged 130. Bradshaw got injured.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Worst
    trade: At the moment you would have to say Gram out for Mattner about 4 weeks
    back. Mattner has averaged 94, but Gram went bang-bang-bang to average 116.

Youve got one of the best worst trades I have ever seen. How helpful have we been at TooSerious? Haha.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Very
    valuable with the trades particularly as I do forecasting and knowing the value
    changes means I can pick players at the low end and do the business philosophy:
    “buy low, sell high”. I don’t use the graphs but I have a good feeling about
    certain players’ form and TooSerious confirms it. It was the Fresh Meat that
    enabled me to predict the great form of Palmer/Taylor/Ibbotson who have done well.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Champagne Footy 3, tell us about your name?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">I
    have entered fantasy football teams for 3 years, the first was Champagne
    Football, then Champagne Footy 2 last year and finally the mature model CF3. I call it thus after the great Bruce McAvaney seeing a quality passage of play
    from defence to attack and just saying something like “stand and applaud, that’s
    champagne football”.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">
    And, most importantly, how you spending the grand?

[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">I
    have to get it first.

Thanks for that, Lucas and good luck.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by MaxPower, Jun 23, 2008.