Fantasy BBL

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Popey, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Popey

Popey Member

When does the fantasy BBL open? Also, is there a fixed way u guys sort out leagues or is it make a league and first in best dressed? Thanks.

2. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

3. Popey

Popey Member

Thanks mate. Geez, there isn't much time to get your team sorted is there? There's about 7 days by the looks.

4. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I'd say it opens a little earlier than that as the teams are pretty much set as they are (there could be a couple of signings here and there). I would hope it opens mid-November. In other fantasy games like the Foxsports fantasy Epl and A-League, they usually give 3-4 weeks to sort teams out.

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Well, got the 'error 404' message on the old site so I thought I would come over here to see if anyone got the same and had headed here as well, but nobody around so far :(

6. grav

grav Guest

@Bear - been lookin for P_Ls BBL thread but looks like hasn't made it over yet. Would presume it would get a feature on the home page rather than havin to troll through to here. That said, its probably classed as a blog, yeh? Hows yr team going in run to the finals? I'm hoping I can scrape through in my two TS leagues, still down to the wire withtonights game to seal my fate

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

we are here bear, there's just no chairs to sit on yet so no-ones hanging around long :)

8. Bearfly

@Len - didn't you get the memo, BYO chairs - for some reason we only got standing room only tickets!!! :)

9. Bearfly

@Len - didn't you get the memo, BYO chairs - for some reason we only got standing room only tickets!!! :)

10. grav

grav Guest

I found a chair, although it had no legs and no padding and was tucked away under my desk behind the rubbish bin I think it was a sock actually. Anyway, I must have dozed off for a while cos when i woke up I noticed a few old roosters scratching around the site lookin for somewher to drop their pearls. (insert humourous image here)

11. Bearfly

@gravenger - waddiya mean old roosters mate, I'm more like young/mid-age rooster :p Am a bit worried bout you though mate, confusing a sock for a chair!!!
    Anyway, back to the BBL - have had a couple of ordinary scores last 2 rounds which has seen me drop out of the top 400 after having some hope of breaking into top 250 at one stage!!! Sitting 3rd in all 4 of my TS leagues but am likely to drop out of the top 4 in 2 of them as I am up against Jibba who has already amassed 707 and will finish with 772 when he is given Lumb's 65 from the bench - this compares to my 388 with Lumb's 65 still to be added - tonight I have Ponting, Laughlin & McDermott to play with Jibba having Hartley on the bench covering Haddin, honestly can't see my 3 making 320+ to get past him :(
    Looks like I will have to drag my chair along to sit in the outer and watch the finals in those 2 leagues!!!

12. Bearfly

<ul data-commentary-frag='1' style='list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; color: #000000; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; background-color: #262626;] <li style='padding: 10px; color: #e0e0e4; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #63666d; clear: both; overflow: hidden; border-top-style: none;] <p style='padding-left: 10px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; float: left; width: 222px; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: #636363;]Hurricanes:Paine*,Blizzard, Ponting, Birt, Shah, Wells, Krejza, Higgs, Laughlin, Hogan, Bollinger </li> <li style='padding: 10px; color: #e0e0e4; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #63666d; clear: both; overflow: hidden;] <p style='padding-left: 10px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; float: left; width: 222px; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: #636363;]Heat:Forrest, Pomersbach, Burns, Christian, Lynn, Hopes*, Sabburg, Hartley, Hauritz, Roach, McDermott. </li> <li style='padding: 10px; color: #e0e0e4; font-size: 13px; line-height: 16px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #63666d; clear: both; overflow: hidden;] <p style='padding-left: 10px; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; float: left; width: 222px; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: #636363;]Toss:Hurricanes win the toss and choose to bat </li> </ul>

13. grav

grav Guest

@bear - don't take too much offence at the age jibe, more just a turn of phrase really.Yeah saw Jibba tearin it up vs u in the too serious league, thunder also doin well there, thought I was gonna drop a game vs top but might pull through.Looks like BBL is back on the main page so ill grab a seat.

14. jibba

jibba Member

We are open for another year!

15. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Awesome! When I logged in I think it sent out invites to everyone who was in the TS league last year, so keep an eye out for that. I'll let those peeps get first crack and then post the league number again to round out missing numbers.
    Couple of decent value players in here, this is so hard! Might be looking at some BB01 heroes in Hussey and Birt to lead the charge at this early stage.

16. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

We're in! Plenty of value with a quick glance, plenty to choose in the wicketkeepers this year too. Bowlers may be the touch slots. Not sure I'll have the time to heavily research or to do articles, but happy to post anything up if people wish to write something.

17. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Would someone mind dropping me the code to the TS league? I wasn't in it last year but would like to be this year

18. thokash

League code:273505
    Couple of spots left.

19. thokash

If anyone is interested I could maybe do up some quick analysis - fixtures (lots of double game weeks and byes), international duties, best XI's, etc? This is actually one of the harder comps due to the variable factors and general lack of info, but at least there are rolling lockouts!

20. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

In. Thanks for setting this up. I would be interested to see a fixture analysis. Are there byes/double match rounds?