Franklin out for 3 weeks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Jul 10, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@HawthornFC: READ IT FIRST: Lance Franklin underwent scans this morning which have revealed minor bleeding in his left hamstring, http://t.co/UYl9K4S9

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

Good won't tear us a new asshole when we play the hawks in 2 weeks

3. Midge001

Midge001 Member

And Hodge out for 2-3 more http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/140967/default.aspx

That's less relevant to Fantasy...but hugely crushing to a Hawks supporter who was really keen to get down from QLD to the G to watch the Collingwood game.

4. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Does this mean everyone will bench him or trade him out?

5. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

<blockquote>Quote from Midge001 on July 9, 2012, 20:39
    And Hodge out for 2-3 more http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/140967/default.aspx

That's less relevant to Fantasy...but hugely crushing to a Hawks supporter who was really keen to get down from QLD to the G to watch the Collingwood game.</blockquote>

Similar to last year when we played them with no lewis and sewell, from memory. This time with no guerra, hodge and buddy. Will be bloody tough

6. 30BucketsofRo

30BucketsofRo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Gonaddz on July 9, 2012, 20:49
    Does this mean everyone will bench him or trade him out?</blockquote>

Unless you're in the running for the 50K and need the points, I don't really think there is much point trading Buddy out. Pretty much everyone has him, so we all suffer from his absence. I'll be benching him, I'm hoping Murdoch from Geelong will be able to cover in the short-term. Personally, my bench is being stretched to it's full capacity. The Supercoach Gods have been wreaking havoc for the last 2 weeks; Goddard and Walker suspended, Pendles not being selected and then Waters a late withdrawal. They give us back Pendles this week, only to take Buddy and Waters away. WHERE'S THE MERCY?!

7. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Dont count on pendles being back the way things are going! At least we know martin and bj will definately be back next week nice and fresh. I think you have to trade waters this late in the season, and buddy is usually a 'quick healer', so hopefully he only misses two. :( :x :? :eek:

8. Muppets

Muppets Member

The Mayans were right. The end of the world is coming!

9. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

The Buddy dilema - Sitting in 10th position in my league and need to make up 2 wins with a good draw the last 2 rounds. Both upcoming opponents have Buddy, I have only 3 trades left. Buddy to Goodes will net &#36;165,000 and a pretty handy player. Im leaning towards trade but could sneak through without trading. Could, if Pendles plays. what do you reckon boys and girls? My earlier quick finger on Zaha proved right but the trigger happiness with Gablett hurt so im 50/50.

10. 30BucketsofRo

30BucketsofRo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tigertime on July 9, 2012, 22:34
    The Buddy dilema - Sitting in 10th position in my league and need to make up 2 wins with a good draw the last 2 rounds. Both upcoming opponents have Buddy, I have only 3 trades left. Buddy to Goodes will net &#36;165,000 and a pretty handy player. Im leaning towards trade but could sneak through without trading. Could, if Pendles plays. what do you reckon boys and girls? My earlier quick finger on Zaha proved right but the trigger happiness with Gablett hurt so im 50/50.</blockquote>

Considering your current position, I would trade Buddy. Your goal should be to make finals. There is only 4 games left to make finals, so now would be the time to pull the trigger. Take the chance, you need the points.

11. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I'd sit tight & keep buddy benched Tigertime,
    you can't afford the trades if you only have 3 remaining.
    There's no point making the 8 only to be left tradeless,
    it's crucial for league finals wins to have trades in hand to ensure no donuts.
    IMO you're best off plugging away trying to make the 8 with your 3 trades & only use them late if you've not made ground and have no choice.

12. bfish

bfish New Member

The Buddy injury really hurts in the overall chase with only a few trades left and the top team not having him. Really wish he didn't play on the weekend (from a Hawks supporters view and for SC purposes as well). With Martin having the week off I'm not sure I can hold on to both of them.

13. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

I'm into the final 256 in the DT Eliminator so trading Franklin will give me an edge over the teams that keep him over the next few weeks.

14. DBY

DBY New Member

Trade him if your going for ranking or need to make your league 8.

Keep him if your going for league and will make top 8 I reckon..