Gisborne Grenades

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by Tomster, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

WE ARE GISBORNE!
    [span style='font-size: 10px;]To be continued
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

The Smugglers encourage crowd nudity at all times.

3. Tomster

Gisborne are gearing up for a massive announcement in the next few days (weeks)[months]{years}. Expect an opening post of outstanding greatness. Also, despite encouraging Guerrilla tactics, Gisborne in no way, shape or form encourage crowd nudity. Damo and his Smugglers are naughty, and deserve to be spanked, or better still, fall out of the tin cans they call 'boats'.

4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

The Whalers' opinion on crowd nudity varies, if someone is brave enough to streak during a rainy winter game then good on em. It depends on weather and how the team is going.

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Great to see another team from the Macedon Ranges making it to the big leagues here on TS!! Best of luck to the Grenades (insert joke about lighting up the season or exploding onto the scene) and hope the draft goes well for you.

6. Tomster

WE ARE GISBORNE!

7. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

From today's Age:
    Controversy hits ORFFU, Caroline Wilson:
    The ORFFU is reeling from its first scandal, months before a ball is even kicked in anger. Bjorn Bjornberg, Christmas Island FC President, has started legal proceedings against the Gisborne Grenades. In Federal Court documents exclusively obtained by the Age, Bjornberg has sought an injunction against Gisborne's appointment of James Hird as Assistant Coach and is also seeking damages for plagiarism.
    Bjornberg says 'We have text messages from Hirdy, dated a week before Gisborne's announcement, confirming his appointment as CIFC's assistant coach for the 2014 season. Although we understood that James' lack of ethics would come out at some stage, we expected it to play in our favour.'
    Bjornberg's lawyers have reportedly recommended dropping the plagiarism accusation stating 'the original joke wasn't that funny anyway.' However Bjornberg responded stating 'You don't become director of Christmas Island's 5th largest guano distributor by behaving in a reasonable manner. I've always been vindictive and litigious and I have no plans of changing that now.'
    CIFC head coach DamoH refused to comment on Bjornberg's erratic behaviour.
    The hearing is set down for 23 September.

8. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

<a name='_GoBack][/url]Hey Tomster, looks like there's some corrections on your team name as well. Gisborne was originally known as Travellers Rest! Perhaps the Travellers Rest Teddy Bears might be a more apt name. I can hear the club song now: If you go down in the woods today you're sure of a big surprise, If you go down in the woods today you'd better go in disguise, For every bear that ever there was will gather there for certain, Because today's the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic&amp;rdquo;.

9. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

DamoH wrote:
    From today's Age: Controversy hits ORFFU, Caroline Wilson:
    The ORFFU is reeling from its first scandal, months before a ball is even kicked in anger. Bjorn Bjornberg, Christmas Island FC President, has started legal proceedings against the Gisborne Grenades. In Federal Court documents exclusively obtained by the Age, Bjornberg has sought an injunction against Gisborne's appointment of James Hird as Assistant Coach and is also seeking damages for plagiarism. Bjornberg says 'We have text messages from Hirdy, dated a week before Gisborne's announcement, confirming his appointment as CIFC's assistant coach for the 2014 season. Although we understood that James' lack of ethics would come out at some stage, we expected it to play in our favour.' Bjornberg's lawyers have reportedly recommended dropping the plagiarism accusation stating 'the original joke wasn't that funny anyway.' However Bjornberg responded stating 'You don't become director of Christmas Island's 5th largest guano distributor by behaving in a reasonable manner. I've always been vindictive and litigious and I have no plans of changing that now.' CIFC head coach DamoH refused to comment on Bjornberg's erratic behaviour. The hearing is set down for 23 September. You should just clone Paul Roos, I'm sure Melbourne would be happy to run you off a copy after making him their entire coaching staff. The Whalers budget won't bother with him though, our accountant/coachHolky is a ruthless finance-type.

10. Tomster

Bj&amp;ouml;rnberg is a fool. 'Nough said.
    Also, at the annual Teddy Bears Picnic, the children eat lollies and chips and other sugary goodness, while the adults eat Barracudas and chant 'We eat Barracudas for BREAKFAST!'

11. Tomster

Gisborne is proud to announce their first 20 signings for 2014 [​IMG]

12. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Nicely done boss, might have to copy!

13. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

yeah great plagiarism of SC - i like it! +1

14. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Very nicely done, Commish....

15. Tomster

Gisborne is currently nursing many players back to full health. Injury list is below, as per AFL website. Dissapointingly, number 1 recruit Jack Steven is out. Captain and ViceCaptain to be released soon Paul Seedsman Hip 5 weeks
    Brendan Whitecross Knee Indefinite
    Jack Steven Foot 10 weeks
    Allen Christensen back 12 weeks
    Ivan Maric Ankle 8 weeks
    Jack Riewoldt Quad Test (reported back this week)
    Ben Lennon Knee 4 weeks
    <p >
    Youse feel sorry for me now? A third of my players are injured

16. eagle_eyed

The Sandgropers visit Gisborne in round 4 and they'll be missing some first choice players. I'm shattered, I really wanted an early pick in the mid season draft ;)

17. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I'll help you out by giving you accessto earlier picks when we play in R2 :)

18. eagle_eyed

HOLKY wrote:
    I'll help you out by giving you accessto earlier picks when we play in R2 :) It's on! Taking the points from you will be all the sweeter now :)

19. Tomster

Season so far... 1675 points scored in 2 games. 'Nough said Gisborne would like to announce that the inaugral captain is Ivan Maric. The Mullet will lead the boys both in style off the field and performance on the field. In his absence Richard Douglas has been nominated as fill-in and this years Vice Captain B&F Votes - opposition, previous scores, etc. all taken into account Rd 1 3 - Trent West (Also POOYA Winner) 2 - Jack Hombsch 1 - Stephen Hill Rd 2 3 - Richard Douglas 2 - Chris Masten 1 - Stephen Hill Leaderboard 3 - Trent West, Richard Douglas 2 - Jack Hombsch, Chris Masten, Stephen Hill

20. eagle_eyed

You might just be getting me in the right week, maybe the Grenades will get a chance to sing the song! 'Southern Cross were hoping to regroup this weekend with a team bonding trip to Gisborne and 4 points to boot. The fixture they'd penciled in for a win is now looking less concrete with the news the MRP has offered Luke Shuey a weeks holiday for striking. This will leave the team short of 2 first choice midfielders (Fyfe & Shuey), 1 first choice forward (LeCras), 1 interchange (Kerridge) and possibly their first choice ruck (Ryder). With little to no bench cover, the diminishing job security of Fitzpatrick and the lack of playing time for many of the rookies, the Sandgropers could end up with a match day squad of just 10 players. When there is supposed to be 11 reserves to cover situations just like this the recruiters would be wise to take some annual leave and get the hell out of town!'