Go Dogs!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Sep 17, 2016.

By Jason on Sep 17, 2016 at 1:02 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

:D

• Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Was a ripper 2nd half mate - and I'm glad of that because I went against popular opinion and tipped them in the iTipFooty.com.au comp which now puts me 2 tips clear in top spot for the $600 1st prize with only 4 games to go :D
      Also had a fiver on them to win by 1-24 which saw me being a little nervous before the Hawks decided to make the score a bit respectable.
      Lots to like about the resilience of your mob mate - pretty much everything has gone against them but they've stuck fast - enjoy mate :)
      • Like Like x 3
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      A well deserved win jase

If they can squeeze past the giants this years grand final will definitely be one to remember !
      • Like Like x 1
    3. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      As a closet Doggies supporter (followed Footscray prior to Power entering) this is friggin brilliant.
      Hope they can push past a prelim and bury some demons.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Jason
      • Like Like x 4
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Flight is booked. Now just need to get a ticket tomorrow morning before the AFL gives them all to university students.
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Len
      Len
      Wouldn't have been a thousand dogs supporters at Spotless back in round 9, assuming 80% of them travelled and weren't just local Sydney supporters as opposed to travelling members you'd need more than 6 times as many wanting to come up this week.
      All our tickets will be sold to paid up members, some may be uni students.
    7. Jason
      Jason
      So you don't believe City Hall when they said today that there is no specific allocation of seats to either club?
    8. Len
      Len
      I didn't see it tbh, but the numbers suggest we'd probably get about 15k at most through the members sale, leaving aside corporates etc thats still at least 8k, probably more for the dogs members.
      We wont sell higher than our membership, nearly all members who would bring their family etc are family members anyway, the inevitable can't make iters etc. The other issue is the cost, there are only so many "cheap" seats at $65, a family of four would be well over $500 for a day out in the largest ticket category, a lot of our members, like the dogs, are more main st than high st..
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Article in today's Hun was the source of that commentary from City Hall. Somebody interviewed Patrick Keane I think it was.

I was told today that 4k of your 16k members who reside in Canberra - are those numbers accurate?
    10. Len
      Len
      I believe it's about 3.5k of 15.3k, half at best will make the trip, I've been wrong before but whilst the cheaper categories are very likely to sell out for your members as they will for ours, it's highly likely the narrative will switch from "I can't get a ticket" to "I don't want to pay that much for a ticket".
      FWIW as 4 adult members we aren't buying our normal seats, it would cost us $720.
    11. Jason
      Jason
      Only looking to buy one ticket myself, but reckon the whole experience is definitely gonna cost more than that!

How easy is it to train from the airport to the Olympic station? Do I need to get off somewhere and switch trains?
    12. Len
      Len
      twice i think mate, central station and again at lidcombe
      • Like Like x 1
    13. walesy
      walesy
      woof woof woof !!!
      • Like Like x 1
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      that was what I have had to do when getting to ANZ for other events
      • Like Like x 2
    15. graeme
      graeme
      A match up that neutrals are looking forward to when the recent "masters of the draft" play. Gotta say I have a bit more of a woof woof streak than a ho, ho jolly giant streak. :sheep:
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Len
      Len
      I'll be ecstatic if we win, cant lie.
      But if we lose I'll be genuinely happy for the dogs too.
      • Like Like x 4
    17. graeme
      graeme
      Perhaps if you had traded me a Giant :spoton: the Cows could work with I may have felt differently? Go Dunks, go Toby, Go TC, go Bailey W :D
    18. Len
      Len
      I can't afford to shop in your store :)
      • Like Like x 1
    19. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      It looks like you could be right @Len

I checked a moment ago (2 hours after public sales begin) and found 1 ticket in category 4 and 2 tickets in category 2. So in all likelihood anyone wanting to buy now would be paying Category 2 prices, although I am not too sure how many tickets would still be available.

Best of luck to you both, I will be barracking for the Dogs as my old man supports them.