GW33 trades, milking the doublers?

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by NedFlanders, Apr 12, 2011.

1. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

I'm really struggling with this. Have RVP, Luiz, Carr and Foster. Are there any other Chelsea or Arsenal players that are must haves for their doubles this week.
    Can't get to Fabs or Lamps without suicide trading and, frankly, don't see the value there right now.

2. spud

spud New Member

Huh? Which teams do they play for, Ned? They don't sound very Australian?

Edit:
    Chelsea and Arsenal are soccer teams...that'd do it.

I'll show myself out :eek:

3. RickJames

RickJames New Member

Hey Ned.
    Eventhough Fat Frank ain't worth his value at the moment, I can see him going large over the next 3 games. If you don't have him and he does this, your league win is down the toilet. I think either Nasri or Walcott are worth looking at from the Ars if you don't have Fabs.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Is this competition still running is it.... suppose ill pay attention and bring in a bunch of doublers this week!!

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thats it stkthunda! I wonder how we are doing in 5as now.
    I logged in a few days ago and made 2 trades just for the sake of it, because i've been neglecting my team over the last few weeks. I had no idea about the double gw coming up! Wish I had've known. I was considering fab and lamps as it was, but decided against both of them.

Thanks for the heads up ned! Will have to see if I can swing a few doublers in.

6. jb

jb New Member

I did notice I hit the lead in the all conquering Twos!
    Yep FatFrank is a must.

7. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

You reckon Walcott will start in at least one of them?

I've been moulding my team to come up with some huge players for GW33... I've gone with 3 from Birmingham, Luiz Lamps and Drogba, and RVP as captain. You reckon it'd be worth spending 4 pts to get Walcott over Yaya? keeping in mind City has a double in GW36.

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

Also Man City and Bolton aren't playing due to FA cup

9. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

@jb
    Nice work mate. You (and Meireles) got us over the line this week.

I have taken the punt on both Lampards and Fab (Lamps my preferred captain choice for this week...at this stage)

In total I have 7 doublers - 2 b'ham, 2 arsenal, 3 chelsea. Chelsea also have some good games coming up after the double gameweek - so I am punting they end the year strongly, and Man U falter!!

10. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

You blokes are made of money. I'm still struggling with the idea of parting with 13m for FFL. Could be tempted to go VDV to Malouda though. He seems to rack up his better scores against the minnows.

Walcott TOG bothers me, and Nasri seems to get pushed too wide when Fab plays.

11. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

I spent the first half of the season just trading my ass off to pump up the team value (takes so long to get anywhere). Now with about 106.5 it's enough to climb back up the ladder.

Sometimes i would trade for the next round, during the current round... especially if someone in defense scores and has a clean sheet. But of course there is the 4pt trade off so you can't go TOO crazy.

Walcott should take over from the out of form Arshavin... Walcott and RVP ftw!

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ones won 4-1 and our only loss was by 1point!!!!!

Back upto 5th... and we are in group 2 for the finals, which includes the blokes we just smashed 4-1, The Wenches & The Libertines who i think we actually play this week.... Looks like it will be a walk in the park for us!!

13. graeme

graeme Guest

Fulham and Stoke do not play this round either.

One free trade (have Luiz, Nasri and RVP) and cannot choose between cutting Adam, A. Young, or VdeV for a CFC midfielder - possibly Benayoun who has become a Lotti favourite now he is over his injury.

regards
    chels
    bring back Guus or Jose