HALF WAY!

Discussion in 'Blog' started by jb, Jun 11, 2008.

By jb on Jun 11, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. jb

jb New Member

Oh, can you believe it we are already half way through the year? Thats only 11 rounds to go. Most of your teams should be just about set, with only 2-3 more upgrades to go. And, get those 6-8 trades ready for finals time. But, I have been writing these blogs for weeks now but I have never had a chance to show you my team. So, first of all I will get my team a bit of a review then I will hand over the baton and you give it a shot.

<!--more-->
    [span style="font-size: 1.2em;">[span style="font-size: 1.4em;">BrayDogs Catters.[span style="font-size: 0.6em;">
    [span style="font-size: 0.8em;">Total Score:&nbsp;
    [span style="font-size: 0.8em;">23,510[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">
    National Ranking:
    298th
    Trades left:
    Bank Balance:
    $410,600

Backs

While everyone was struggling with injuries to their backmen including (Kennelly, Cornes and Symes) mine have been cruising all year. Although some have dropped off a bit lately including Brett Jones, Nathan Bock and Grant Birchall. Jonesy was never going to be in my team all year but so far he has picked up an average of 83, which aint too bad. Most likely be traded for Gilbee this week (cause I was waiting for Cornes, but I wont risk it now). Bocky had been bloody awesome for me up until 3 weeks ago, now he hasnt cracked the ton in the last 3 weeks, averaging just 71. And, has been one of the reason my NR has slipped from 64th. Hopefully he will be back up to that average of 105 soon. Church has always been the 90s king, knocking a score up in the 90s five times this year, and only two 100s. But, still have a healthy average of 87. Since Ive traded in Heath Shaw he has averaged just 68, so dont even start me on that, but mind you I did get rid of that hack in Nicoksi for him. Sam Fisher, Marty Mattner and The Stiff Johncock have been three very handy performers for me all year. All averaging in the 90s.

Midfielders
    Scott Thompson
    is a bloody star, and he was always going to rip it up this year with Goodwin moving forward. He hasnt scored below 80 all year, like midfielders should. Yeah, did you hear that Stanton? Hopefully, teams stop tagging him because they realise he is no good and he starts getting some scores. Cause it wont be til late in the season that I will get rid of him. Dan Cross has been in every fantasy team I have ever had and with good reason averaging above the 100 and never getting tagged. Love you, Crossy. My blue baggers in Stevens and Judd have exceeded what I expected and my last midfielder is actually Wellingham who will be turned into Bartel this week. I missed the Ablett train and wont hop on it til he slows his scoring down - which looks like never.

Rucks
    I have that popular ruck combo in Cox and Simmonds. Although, lots of people have had enough of Simmo, I will stick with him and if he gets over this injury I reckon we might start seeing some good scores.

Forwards
    Buddy
    hell, I love my forward line which has Pav, Buddy, Richo, Brown, Riewoldt, Champman and Junior Boy. Only Pav, Rioli and Buddy have been there since the start. I got Richo for BJ when I had enough of his dud scoring. Hawkins was upgraded to Brown next. Then, out Stevie J and in comes Browndoga, after that Nath Thompson was gone for Chapster. And, just last week I got rid of my favourite pick-up this year in Birdman for Roo. And, the only reason I done it cause I had to play 3rd in my league the week gone and playing 1st this week. Might regret it the way Roo is traveling.

So, there ya go, a bit of a wrap of my team and I didnt even realise myself how much upgrading I had done in my forward line. Most of which has payed off. And, I think I mentioned that my trades this week will be Gilbee and Bartel in, while I say goodbye to Brett Jones and Wellingham. Now, you have a go at reviewing you team, do it how ever you want, even just give us a small summary of ya Worst and Best players.

Oh, and Dogs Best Buys will be late this week cause I wasted all my time doing this. Hopefully I will do something tomorrow night.&nbsp;[span style="font-size: 1.2em;">[span style="font-size: 0.6em;">&nbsp;

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by jb, Jun 11, 2008.