Help a Dog.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Princenazim, Jun 18, 2008.

By Princenazim on Jun 18, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. Princenazim

Princenazim New Member

Guys, I spend hours working out who I trade every week, but this week Ive just no idea. I think its your turn to give me some advice. Ive set it all up for you, all youve gotta do is make the call.

<!--more-->
    My team currently looks like this.

Backs:&nbsp; Stiffy Johncock, Bock Choy, Sam Fisher, Marty Mattner, Heath Shaw, Linds Gilbee, Grant Birchall.
    Mids: Scotty Thompson, Chris Judd, Jimmy Bartel, Dan Cross, Nick Stevens, Brent Stanton.
    Rucks: Dean Big Cox, Troy Simmonds.
    Forwards: Buddy Franklin, Matthew Richoman, Matty Pavlich, Johnno Brown, Saint Nick Riewoldt, Paul Chapman, Cyril Rioli.

TRADE ONE.

OUT: Brent Stanton (85)
    IN: Brent Harvey (107)
    Brent for Brent? Thats roughly a gain of 22 points per week, and only costing me 45k. Stanton cant handle a tag, but with two hundreds in a row, is he worth holding on to until Nicky Dal goes down again? Harvs is in a so-call form slump, but still only has 3 scores below 90 all year which are all in the 70s. I reckon he will start firing again, big time.

TRADE TWO.
    OUT:
    Cyril Rioli (80)
    IN: Brad Johnson (87)
    This will finish off my forward line and what a forward line it is. But, going by the yearly average it is only a gain of 7 points for nearly 113k. But, if you look at the last 3 weeks - Sizzling Cyril has got me 42 points per week, while BJ has wanged on 95. Thats 53 points more per week. Not bad. Can Rioli regain a bit of that early season form to push him back up to the 400k mark?

TRADE THREE
    OUT:
    Troy Simmonds (66)
    IN:
    Darren Jolly (81)
    This trade will nearly cost be every cent but a rise of 15 points looks nice. This one is all but canceled out at the moment. Cause Jolly is no White or Sandilands. I definitely want to upgrade Simmonds in the future, Ottens, maybe.

NO TRADE
    With 7 trades, and 118k in the bank. Do I just leave my team as is? Both Stanton and Rioli can get 100s and Simmonds aint all that bad for a 2nd ruckmen. But, sitting at 198th in the world I really want to improve my team just that little bit to get me into the top 100, and maybe 10 and my name in the paper. Haha.

My thoughts at the moment are this... Trade Rioli for BJ and have about $0 in the kitty. That would mean a down grade in the coming weeks, probably Gamble to Valenti when he gets named. And, would give me enough money to do a Stanton to Nicky Dal, and missing the Harvey train. Then, finally later in the season get rid of Simmonds for Ottens (or better) ready for finals and a late push for that top 100. That leaves 3 trades for injuries. Ouch.

Like the title suggest, help a Dog. Please.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Princenazim, Jun 18, 2008.