Help! :) , well sorta

Discussion in 'AFL' started by FoxSportsNews, Jun 5, 2011.

1. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

This is my team and I only have 8 trades left, decided to jump back on here after not being on for a few weeks, and just need some thoughts as to what i should do and how long I should wait to trade again as I'm running lower
    TRADES: 8
    CASH: $127,200

BACKS
    Shaw,Adcock,Gibbs,Heppell,Suckling,Broughton,
    Deledio,Puopolo,Markovic,Otten
    MIDS
    Mundy,Swan,Selwood,Goddard,Kerr,Wright
    Conca,Polec,Mzungu
    RUCS
    Cox,Bailey,McCauley,Redden
    FWDS
    Franklin,Pavlich,Goodes,S.Johnson,NRoo,Krak,
    Rioli,A.Johnson,Richardson,Harper

Rucks and Mids are looking fairly weak to me.
    I was wondering whether Kerr is a keeper in the Midfield, and when is the right time to upgrade Conca/Wright, keepng in mind my trades remaining.....
    Do have 100k+ in the bank
    Rucks are also looking weak, I thought pre season that Redden would be getting games, McCauley has been out of form and sideways traded J.Tippet for Bailey (don't have MPP link with forwards anyway and needed another ruckman

So which is more important, to finish my weak rucks or weak mids first

Thanks
    Signing out from Fox...Sport News ;)

2. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

Maybe a single trade?
    Redden>>Griffen?

3. homerj

homerj Member

Gday mate,
    I would DEFINITELY fix your midfield first. In the next few weeks most people are going to have a fully upgraded midfield, whereas might still have a poor-ish ruck dept due to Sandi going down. Some people probably traded Sandi out and got a Bailey or Vardy etc to make money. So you wouldn't be alone in yr ruck department being weak. At least you've got Cox whose a gun. Trading Redden to Griffin now is silly as as soon as Sandi is back Griffin will be out you would think so you would be back to square one. You could always go for Sandi after he comes back if you still have trades left and cash up your sleeve.

I don't know if Kerr is a keeper, I would say probably not as even though he's played alright when he is playing, injury is still obviously a concern as he was a late withdrawal again this week.

It's going to be hard for you with only 8 trades left but you could just do one trade next week and use your cash to trade Kerr and then get the best midfielder available. You would have about 500K then so could maybe get Hodge (depending on his score this week)?

4. boydshow

boydshow Guest

You screwed yourself by getting rid of J Tippett - Krak > Petrie and swapping Pavlich with Mzungu would have been a nice one trade solution to your ruck issue. I reckon that has to be fixed first, as it would be leaking more points than your midfield with the coverage you have. homerj's comments re. ruck are ignoring the fact Zac Smith is pumping out 100's.

I would downgrade Conca to upgrade Bailey, then finish your mids. I would recommend finishing your side now rather than holding off so you get the premiums in earlier.