January's hero (plus the Hype Train)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jan 31, 2016.

By walesy on Jan 31, 2016 at 4:55 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

January comes and goes, and before the preseason really gets underway- post your team here for prosperity.

I always feel that my January team is better than my actual team, so this year, I want to save it to compare/contrast.

I'll kick it off with the 2016 Hype train.

upload_2016-1-31_16-54-51.png

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jan 31, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. walesy
      walesy
      And I'll follow that up with my team.

upload_2016-1-31_16-56-5.png

Though looking at the Hype Train, I might have to switch it up. :D
      • Like Like x 2
    2. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      In the same sort of light, I was thinking about the pre-season and the stories that come out. We always hear about certain players "training the house down" or moving into the midfield etc etc but do we know how many of these ever actually eventuate? Once the season starts we're more distracted about who we are going to trade out, actually following the footy, then finding the time to look back and see what was right/wrong.

So what I was thinking is we find 5 stories per team this pre-season (say before the Challenge games start) that fit this sort of description. Post them in a thread and then come back to it around bye time and see what was right or wrong. With 90 players covered there should be some clear patterns...or complete chaos. Who knows!

It would probably require a bit of work from a few people collecting the data to spread the work load but should be fair achievable with just 4-6 people working on it.

Examples from Fremantle:
      Stephen Hill - move to defence: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-...in-defence-as-dockers-look-to-improve-rebound
      Walters/Crozier - more midfield time: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-26/fresh-faces-set-to-rotate-through-freos-midfield
      Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
      • Like Like x 4
    3. walesy
      walesy
      Great idea- you have my axe.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. snoz
      snoz
      Love this idea Walesy.......I kinda liked my team last January / early Feb - by March I was so confused I hated it and subsequently stunk up the year....Lets see how much this team changes in the next 8 weeks:

SC team January 31st 2016.PNG
      • Like Like x 2
    5. warsaken
      • Like Like x 1
    6. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but how do you get the image onto your post?
      • Like Like x 1
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Just copy the image to your clipboard and paste it into your post.

(the actual image, not the file - I use a free screen grab software call gadwin to screengrab just the snip, but you have to tweak a few settings to make it not crap - would be interested to hear what others use)
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Though without that, a print screen pasted into paint and cropped would also work
    9. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      My first try. Obviously the rookies are totally flexible.
      upload_2016-2-1_9-56-55.png

Attached Files:

10. Owen
      Owen
      Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    11. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Here's my January team everyone...
      upload_2016-2-1_13-6-44.png
      • Like Like x 1
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Thanks. It's probably best if people that want to participate take 3 teams and then "follow" them now. That way there's no cross over.
    13. Jason
      Jason
      It's now early February, but here is my current team:
      Capture.JPG

Waiting for Polkinghorne to be entered into the SC system, Hartley is just a placeholder for him once available.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. JPK
      JPK
      February 1 team....

upload_2016-2-1_19-8-49.png
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Jason
      Jason
      There's Polkinghorne!
      Assumed that he would be DEF.
    16. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      My attempt
      A question Walesy - I know the dreaded vests are gone, but how easy would it be to add 2 extra columns to the stats (RV & GV) and count just last year's vests? Can help highlight/elevate those with lower averages into contention.

upload_2016-2-2_2-13-12.png
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Roarke Smith did his ACL late in the 2015 season and is probably out for the entire 2016 season.
    18. walesy
      walesy
      My biggest problem, is that I simply don't have the data for it in the system! So it would take a bunch of manual entry to get it in- which I'm kinda trying to avoid, cause it drives me bananas (and the yearly rollover is bad enough! :D)
    19. IPOD
      IPOD
      At risk of sounding non computer savvy i am not sure how to up load the picture of my team on here from SC so here goes the old manual system

Backs - Heater, Malceski, Rich, M.Johnson (freo), Adcock, Otten, Aish, Smedts

Mids - Danger, Pendles, GAJ Rocky, Libba, O'Meara, B.Crouch, Simpkin, Trengove, Kerridge, Polkinghorne

Rucks - Lobbe, Burger, Wyatt

Fwds - Barlow, Vardy, Menzel, J.Anderson, J.Lamb, M.Brown (Bombers), Petracca, Wells

with 352k left over