Jarryd Roughead

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Fez, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Fez

Fez Moderator

Is he seriously an option i cant help but ignore his form and the hawks.

They have a good run in the finals and his last 6 games he has scored 109,115,126,121,118,133.

Not a bad run of 6 games, the concern obviously is loading up on hawks fwds. I only have Buddy atm but am looking at Cyril as well, what is everyone thoughts??

2. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Key question is what will happen to his scoring once David Hale and Brent Renouf are fit to return to ruck in the AFL side. They both played VFL last week and pulled up fine.

His points may drop off a bit once they return

3. torcida

torcida Member

if any lti's he would be my 1st pick

4. BigLance

BigLance New Member

<blockquote>Quote from torcida on June 8, 2011, 09:10
    if any lti's he would be my 1st pick</blockquote>

Same.

Hawks wont play 2 rucks and roughy, they may occasionally to give him a rest but the preferred setup is 1 ruck and roughy. And as long as Large Max stays standing he will be the ruck, massive effort in the last quarter vs freo.

5. bonesy

bonesy Member

Roughy is a better option then cyril imo. given that Cyril will spend less time in the middle due to them managing his hammies.

Roughy on current form will keep Hale out of the team, unless they want to play another tall forward. he's far more damaging around the stopages.

6. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

Roughy is king. Doubt they will play more than one other ruck and Max is the man... all of hawthorn was max to succeed so badly - he has been tipped as next captain -and the combo of him & roughy is doing very well. I doubt they'll rest Roughy either given how much his form has improved now...

I also dont think his numbers will drop if he backs out of the ruck now either...

I am just look at how to manage to get him into my side... GO THE JUGHEAD!