Lee Spurrrrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'AFL' started by GaryReal, May 2, 2012.

1. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Excellent backline rookie Lee Spurr has been upgraded off rookie list and will come into consideration for Freo. This not only signals more possible problems for those who have Broughton, but also, a freo rookie downgrade around round 8 is not ideal with regards bye round 12. or maybe it'll work sweetly.
    He's def one to watch cos he has total clues and is 24yrs or so, solid, good kick, reliable. A Ross Boron type of player.

2. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Great news for Broughton owners.

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

I'm not sure how this signals problems for Broughton owners?

4. Seabass

Seabass New Member

I agree, great news for Broughton owners. Should give him more time to play in the midfield - I'm just waiting for them to pull the pin on Fyfe for the year and will definitely jump on Broughton.

5. Seabass

Seabass New Member

Plus with any luck hits the bubble around the time to start replacing Morris/Ellis.

6. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

possible problems for broughton owners, not definite. Possible that broughton doesnt even get a game. I'm not sure Ross Lyon is a fan - he keeps throwing him into gaps and starts him on the pine.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Great news. As many, had my eye on his all preseason. Mature aged rookie sounds like the perfect downgrade to me! Just don't like Ross Lyin's tendency to play the kids.

8. Muppets

Muppets Member

Lyon's tendancy to play the kids? That's the last thing he's known for. I actually think Lyon rates Broughton because he can give him a job and know it will get done. This doesn't mean he'll get the job done for us Supercoachers though unfortunately.

Spurr looks to be one of the few decent defender downgrades to pop up. And the timing is good for chopping Morris or Ellis.

9. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

I don't know if we should get too excited just yet. Nick Lower is only 1-2 weeks away and I would have thought that he would be ahead of Spurr?

@Muppets - Spurr's not really a kid he's a mature age player, and besides I think people have misjudged Lyon. I don't think he deliberately neglected to play kids, I think he just played the best team available. If Spurr is good enough and there is a role for him, he should play.

Also, I'm thinking that Lachie Neale might be a beneficery of the Fyfe injury. I'd expect him to play without the green vest this week.