Let me have it

Discussion in 'RMT' started by surtees, Mar 22, 2012.

1. surtees

surtees New Member

Still a work in progress let me know your thought please

Remaining Cash $100

Def
    Goddard, Deledio, Gibson(haw), Hawksley. J(bris), Lake, Bower(car), Glods(gws) (Morris(rich), Blee(port)

Mid
    Pendles, Ablett, Barlow, Hayes,Young(haw), Hogan(gee) (Harvey(bris), Magner(melb))

Ruck
    Roughhead, McIntosh (orren(gee), Redden(port))

For
    Franklin, Johnson, Cloke, Folua, Nahas, Dangerfield, Porpyzia (Ferguson(St.), Rowe(car))

Not sure on Lake, only have Folua because they will have to play him. Roughhed or hale?

Please help Thank you in advance

2. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

Golds, blee won't play much.
    I'd switch Gibson to someone else (I think he was injured during pre season?) Birchall or Suckling, if you're after a hawks player.
    Barlow hasn't played much and is risky. As is Hayes. If you're gonna take the punt, only go with one of them.
    Young has JS IMO.
    Rucks, got to have Giles in there. Somewhere.

Roughie might take a while to get going, plus I wouldn't go him either. There are some much better rookies that you may be missing. I'd recommend going through a few of the forums and just have a read.

Good luck!

3. surtees

surtees New Member

Yes I am a bit unsure of roughhead, I've read funny things with Giles good and bad (he will play but how will he score?)and am still sitting on the fence with him I am reading through the forum now.

I am pretty sure I will only keep one of either Barlow or Hayes and am prob going towards hayes.

Thanks for the feed back

4. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

Just to add to lezyeoh's comments, but you'd have to worry about Hogan's chances to start in R1 and I've watched Rowe play and he looks like someone who's been playing in an inferior competition. He's got JS issues too. I think you've deviated too much away from the Guns and Rookie's theory so you may have cashflow problems during the season.

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I reckon every time someone posts Folau into their team, they spell his name a new way.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Are you following me Jason, or am I following you?

7. Jason

8. surtees

surtees New Member

Thanks for the tip Rowe is only in there as a swap for Roughhead in the ruck. in there a better ruck/forward option?

9. surtees

surtees New Member

Ok updated after some tips and reading thank you

Remaining Cash $57700

Def
    Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Shaw. R, Lake, Bower(car), Darley(gws) (Morris(rich), Bugg(gws)

Mid
    Pendles, Ablett, Bartel, Hayes, Martin, Mcdonald.J(gws) (Cunningham(Syd), Magner(melb))

Ruck
    Hale, McIntosh (Giles(gws), Redden(port))

For
    Franklin, Johnson, Cloke, Tomlinson(gws), Smith(gws), Dangerfield, Porpyzia (Dickson(WB), Rowe(car))

I'm still not sure about Giles though......
    ok round 2 let me have it!

10. Jason

@Surtees
    F/R is not worth it this year (not sure that it was worth it last year either). If Rowe ever presents as a viable playing option, I'd suggest you only look at bringing him into your side at this time, as a downgrade target.

11. surtees

surtees New Member

I the dp isn't as important this year. It was more just incase one of my back up rucks start playing well then I can swap hale into the forward line. it's a bit of a wasted player but it worked well for me last year with Petrie when zac smith was getting good numbers

12. surtees

surtees New Member

So does this look ok now? I know the syd and gws are locked in but what about the rest? thanks

13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if you are going from bad to worse here surtees. The fact that you are reading through the forums is encouraging, because this is where the answers are to be found.

Seaworld (Lake/Porps).

Lake not really a sin. But he is when you have Bower alongside him. Too risky. Darley did not get a start, but should do before too long.

Hayes comes with risk and Martin HAS to be FWD.

You are short 1 prem in FWD, which would be resolved by putting Martin in there, where he belongs. That suggests that you could then out either Lake/Bower/Porps for a rookie and turn Hayes into something better (like NDS).