Link to original 2012 ORFFA draft selections and order

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, Aug 7, 2014.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Now this is a great slice of history: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AocXt1s5gKUQdDRHSjhCYmFxQnYxa1otY0xhamE4U3c#gid=0 Amazing what you find. And amazing some of the late draft picks taken as well. More than a few guys drafted late, dumped or delisted, and then redrafted this year. Enjoy!

2. graeme

graeme Guest

Great document Chris - many thanks for the link. Below is the top 5 in the draft by team with a left hand column number that indicates current position on the ladder (please advise if I have coach / name changes wrong - Updated, thanks grav). The idea is to give a feeling for how important that first pick was. However, not all teams still hold their first round pick so it is not a perfect reflection - just some fun. 1. Cradle Mountain 6 2. Iron Knob 1 3. Birdsville 8 4. Foul Bay 2 5. Waikick 3 6. Frogs / Lilacs? 11 7. Marble Bar 16 8. Venus Bay 9 9. Gundagai 18 10. Gariwerd 14 11. Packers 15 12. Penguins / Wagga 5 13. Darraweit 4 14. Nuffers 12 15. Whitsunday 10 16. Charlie's Opening 7 17. Mt Beauty 13 18. Namatjira / Lefties 17

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I knew I'd done this but when I looked last night couldn't find out, completely forgot I had google doc'd it, thanks Chris :)

4. chris88

I think you have the 'dual names' for the relocated teams right, Chels. Just personally, in looking back through the original draft I'd forgotten how 'old' I'd drafted - especially for a keeper league. Boyd, NDS, Cross, Harvey were among my first 6 or 7 picks. That's a recipe for disaster. Not surprisingly, three of them are no longer at Darraweit - Boyd and NDS were traded mid 2013 and Cross on draft day or thereabouts for Andrew Walker. The younger guys I drafted early - Maric and Rance - have been good. But then I drafted more older guys - Van Berlo, Kerr, etc. In retrospect, really made a hash of the start-up draft. I've had to cut deeply (mid last year) and trade to try and fix things.

5. chris88

Len wrote:
    I knew I'd done this but when I looked last night couldn't find out, completely forgot I had google doc'd it, thanks Chris :) No worries Len - we had an early thread listing some of the first 2-3 rounds of the draft present in the ORFFA forum. The google doc link was in a post of yours at the end of the thread.

6. grav

grav Guest

chels wrote:
    </br> Great document Chris - many thanks for the link. Below is the top 5 in the draft by team with a left hand column number that indicates current position on the ladder (please advise if I have coach / name changes wrong). The idea is to give a feeling for how important that first pick was. However, not all teams still hold their first round pick so it is not a perfect reflection - just some fun. 1. Cradle Mountain 6 2. Iron Knob 1 3. Birdsville 8 4. Foul Bay 2 5. Waikick 3 6. Frogs / Lilacs? 11 7. Marble Bar 16 8. Venus Bay 9 9. Gundagai 18 10. Gariwerd 14 11. Packers 15 12. Penguins / Lefty? 8 13. Darraweit 4 14. Nuffers 12 15. Whitsunday 10 16. Charlie's Opening 7 17. Mt Beauty 13 18. Namatjira / Wagga? 5 fyi Lefties took over Namatjira and Wagga took over Penguins Also, Lefties are currently 17th (I see two 8ths on this list) Very interesting to look over the draft list and see what BL picked vs what was around. I inherited a pretty reasonable side, and have done an excellent job of turning it to poo. Anyhoo I have made this bed and will wallow in it for better or worse.

7. graeme

graeme Guest

Thanks grav, my memory is poor. I have updated my original post so that it shows the correct story.