Messages not working in lead-up to nomination and trade period

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, Sep 2, 2014.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Hi everyone. I don't think I'm the only one here to be suffering from some horrible issues in regards to messaging here at the TS site. More specifically, I can see that I have received messages or notifications, but am struggling to actually access any of them. For example, right now I have an unread message which I can't access - to whomever sent it through, my apologies. Because of this, I'm leaving my email here - chrisr@ourcommunity.com.au. Anyone wanting to get in touch with me to talk about any ORFFA nominations or what posts we might hold, or if there are any trade issues or proposals that might be upcoming, direct them to the email address rather than sending me a message via this site. I'll get back to you far quicker. Also - if anyone else is having these issues, maybe leave an email address here for people to contact you through. Thanks!

2. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Chris I sent Jen a message let me know if she doesn't get it. People can contact me on jimbowan@gmail.com

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

greatwhitefox007@gmail.com

4. snoz

snoz Moderator

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:
    SouthernCrossConsults@gmail.com As a note, I went thru all of my messages and archived all 200 of them - since then messaging is working fine. Same, mine is working fine since I archived them all

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I cannot load my messages at all, so can't even archive them. It tries to load them, but there is an 'undefinederror' stopping it.

7. Len

anthak wrote:
    I cannot load my messages at all, so can't even archive them. It tries to load them, but there is an 'undefinederror' stopping it. Yeah, that's the problem I had to start with also, Les fixed it and then I was able to get in and archive. Given the widespread nature of the problem,hopefully he is now working on a system fix, not individual ones, all three leagues will rely heavily on the messaging system for the next 6 months..

8. G-Train

G-Train Member

anthak wrote:
    I cannot load my messages at all, so can't even archive them. It tries to load them, but there is an 'undefinederror' stopping it. I get that message as well but I just refresh once or twice, or close page then re-open, and it eventually works... archiving didn't change this for me.

9. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

jimbowan wrote:
    </br> Chris I sent Jen a message let me know if she doesn't get it. People can contact me on jimbowan@gmail.com Jim I got your messageand I replied so I hope you got that. Jen

10. G-Train

G-Train Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    greatwhitefox007@gmail.com lol

11. graeme

graeme Guest

Hope you did not archive any of the important messages from me sNoZ.

12. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Sorry guys, this has been a bit of a nightmare- between the emails getting crunched and the inboxes going pear shaped. We're in the offseason now, which means I'll be moving the servers to off-season mode and upgrading to the latest version of the platform. I'm hoping that that upgrade will solve our message box issues! But if not, I'll see if I can't get into the code after the upgrade and tweak it a bit to make it work. Poor timing though!

13. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

ok, I've gone the sledgehammer approach and archived everything from before July this year to get it working again. (Turns out the 100000 false accounts are also clogging up the message system ! Scumbags!!) Anyways. I'm hoping that short-term, that's a go for you guys now.

14. snoz

snoz Moderator

chels wrote:
    </br> Hope you did not archive any of the important messages from me sNoZ. ........no mate. Yours is still there- just hard to find the words.......

15. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

walesy wrote:
    ok, I've gone the sledgehammer approach and archived everything from before July this year to get it working again. (Turns out the 100000 false accounts are also clogging up the message system ! Scumbags!!) Anyways. I'm hoping that short-term, that's a go for you guys now. Thanks as always for your efforts Walesy.

16. graeme

graeme Guest

Many thanks Walesy; sledge hammer mmm, beat those hacking bastards to death or send me their street addresses!

17. Len

walesy wrote:
    ok, I've gone the sledgehammer approach and archived everything from before July this year to get it working again. (Turns out the 100000 false accounts are also clogging up the message system ! Scumbags!!) Anyways. I'm hoping that short-term, that's a go for you guys now. Thanks mate, much appreciated :)

18. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Walesy. Mine is all good now.